Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Why haven't YOU bought Shadowbane?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2012 :  20:03:51  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I visited amazon.com I saw a price for Shadowbane and got all excited because I thought it was finally available overseas. Then I logged-in and the price was gone. :(

I have Eye of Justice, but I don't want to read it until after I read Shadowbane.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  02:05:19  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a strict no purchase policy toward shattered realms stuff until such a time that I feel the realms is worth using as a campaign setting. The only exception to that I have made was the Sage of Shadowdale series since it was actively working on restoring realms. That being said, your free short "The Last Legend of Gedrin Shadowbane" was a great read. I have both the Shadowbane series and the Brimestone Angels stuff on a list of books worth considering provided the Sundering series makes realms appealing again. I also recommended both of those series to a lapsed realms fan as well(citing Candlekeep posters as my source of them being good reads). Best of luck attracting more readers and I hope WotC does pick up more Shadowbane stuff.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  02:15:33  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you enjoyed, Tarlyn, and I appreciate the vote of confidence. I try to write stories that fit the realms as a whole, not any particular era. The details may be specific to a time and place, but the spirit I aim for is timeless.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  03:27:17  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I voted the last choice- ie, I HAVE bought Shadowbane on my Kindle. Am currently reading it (sporadically) during my breaks at work. It's pretty cool so far! When I finish it, I will go back and get Downshadow and the others as well. I really like Kalen and Myrin, but oddly enough my favorite character from the book is Toytere! And I'm kind of digging Sithe as well, for reasons I can't quite grasp....

And I will say that although, like many others here, I really PREFER a solid, material book to read, with my reading list and the daily two-mile walk to and from work (I do not own a car, and work on the opposite side of town from my home) an e-reader is just a far more practical choice for me. Otherwise, given my penchant for reading several books at the same time (ie, I'll start a book, then put it down for a bit, start anotehr, put it down, etc until I have three or four going more or less all at various stages of completion at once) I could never carry all the books to work that I am currently reading! Ergo, my Kindle is a MUST.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

offlineagain
Acolyte

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  15:41:49  Show Profile Send offlineagain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I sincerely hope you get to read this Mr. Fantasyauthor :
(i tried to comment on your homepage, but can't register with worldpress as i get no email...
I registered with livejournal just for you...but that seems outdated,
and I dont do facebook)

I came across downshadow by chance really, just because it is FR
(had to buy a badly used copy of downshadow as it is no longer available at amazon.de, my only source for english books)
I ve read your free shadowbane content too

now i WANT book 2 and i know it is ebook only!!!
but it is not available in Germany it seems...
last week it was not even available on amazon.com
it is now, but i cant buy it as it forwards me to amazon.de when i try

funny thing is that book 3 is available in Germany,
(which I want to buy as well)
but I dont buy that one as long as I cant buy book 2

maybe there are more people like me,
that dont get around to buying book 3 without book 2 available

if it is ok to sell book 3 in europe why not book 2?
can you get someone at wizards or wherever to fix that?

I really want to spend my money on your books
in germany we say "customer threatens to buy"

yours sincerely

fascinated downshadow reader from germany
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  15:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Understood, OLA. There's a thread in the FR Novels section (stickied at the top) where ok collecting reports of what novels international readers can acquire. Go check it out!

And I'm glad you enjoy my work.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2012 :  10:37:03  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just felt I should give you a heads up, since this thread was what really got me thinking about it again. 2 years ago, I kept looking at tablets and couldn't find something like I wanted. They were too small for the price. I started looking again recently and kept coming back to the same conclusion, until I started looking at older ones on wal-mart's site. I found an android one for $139 with a GB of RAM and 8 GB of storage and a 10 inch screen (plus its able to read my 16GB usb flash drive with its PDF's). I've only had it less than 24 hours, but I made sure to download the kindle app and bought your shadowbane book (I must admit the less than noble paladin idea intrigued me... I have a physical copy of downshadow beside the bed as my next to read). So far, the only thing that concerns me is that these tablets seem to store every password, which is a security nightmare, so I'm encrypting it right now (hopefully there's not a "hidden" app copying said information elsewhere..... yes, I would make a good convert of Mask's). Surprisingly, its able to do everything I've envisioned.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2012 :  21:42:51  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for letting me know, sleyvas. I hope this works out for you, and I hope you enjoy the books. Any questions, let me know!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  05:54:43  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I have another question. You mentioned that it is good to post book reviews on Amazon. There are also forums on the site, and I have come across a few talking about the Realms. Does WotC look at those too? What others sites do they look at? I've done some Google searches, and there seem to be many sites concerning the Realms.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2012 :  08:08:21  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Outside their own site (and possibly even then), Amazon is the most appealing to WotC powers that be. Most other forums out there, while awesome, are pretty obscure to the PTB. I know the WotC folks sometimes look at Candlekeep, though not as commonly as one would hope. Also, it reaches the most potential readers.

But there's no reason to restrict reviews to amazon. By all means, post the same review in every place you can think of. The more distribution, the more effective your review is for supporting the author/series of your choice.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2012 :  00:51:22  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All right, thanks for the knowledge. I will keep that in mind

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

lordsknight185
Seeker

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  04:14:19  Show Profile Send lordsknight185 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Why haven't YOU bought Shadowbane?"

Because that boy be cracked he is! Believin' the gods all absorbed each other or somethin'

Oh wait...Nah nah *Goes back to drinking mead in his corner*
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000