Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Myth Drannor products
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aether Navigator
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  10:49:07  Show Profile Send Aether Navigator a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there any 1e/2e products that detail or place adventures in Myth Drannor besides the 2e "Ruins of Myth Drannor" boxed set? Or any good official sources at all?

Sorry if this isn't the correct place for this question.

Pazuzu
Seeker

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  10:55:10  Show Profile Send Pazuzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may find some more information in the "Old Empires" (2E) or "Lost Empires of Faerūn" (3E) books.

May your dice obey your will. - Gary Gygax (*1938 - †2008)
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  11:03:52  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Pazuzu said, LEoF has lore about Myth Drannor. Also, ''Cormanthyr, Empire of Elves'' contains a great deal of info about the City of Song at its splendor, if you are interested in that.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 22 Jul 2012 11:07:31
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  14:54:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And there was also The Fall of Myth Drannor... I think the boxed set, though, is the most flavorful and most informative source.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2384 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  18:00:25  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, both 'The Fall of Myth Drannor' and 'Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves' are in Previous Edition Downloads.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  22:26:43  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 1987 Forgotten Realms Campaign Set has two adventures set there, as is part of FRC2 Curse of the Azure Bonds. For general sources on the city, Elminster in Myth Drannor, plus the accompanying article in Dragon Annual #2 and the commentary in The Annotated Elminster.
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  22:56:05  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want a condenced version of what's in FMD and CEoE see my
guide to Myth Drannor here at the keep.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2012 :  01:15:20  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

Also, both 'The Fall of Myth Drannor' and 'Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves' are in Previous Edition Downloads.

Those links are not working anymore...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 23 Jul 2012 01:15:54
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2012 :  05:07:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

Those links are not working anymore...

Quite. All of the formerly free downloads have either been taken down or relocated without updating the links. WotC is much more known for the latter, rather than the former, so I suspect they're still out there, somewhere on the site.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2012 :  06:35:52  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About a year ago, someone posted those links on the WotC boards and someone reported them as piracy.

So the PDF's disappeared.

Then folks tried to point out that the PDF were free and on the WotC site, so they got banned.

Another case of the heavy handed moderation on the WotC Boards.

I don't think that the PDF's are coming back anytime soon.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2012 :  16:52:33  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You all forgot the Pool of Radiance: Attack on Myth Drannor sourcebook that ties in with the video game and novel.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 23 Jul 2012 16:55:32
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2012 :  17:18:02  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

About a year ago, someone posted those links on the WotC boards and someone reported them as piracy.

So the PDF's disappeared.

Then folks tried to point out that the PDF were free and on the WotC site, so they got banned.

Another case of the heavy handed moderation on the WotC Boards.

I don't think that the PDF's are coming back anytime soon.

That is absurd!!

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Aether Navigator
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2012 :  07:32:26  Show Profile Send Aether Navigator a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. I'm looking specifically for 1e/2e sources, I have zero interest in spending money on anything past 2e. I'm also looking for "current" Myth Drannor (as of late 2e), not the Arcane Age stuff. Sounds like there isn't much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000