Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Backdrop: Moonshae Isles
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2011 :  20:28:52  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Moonshae Isles

Wow, just wow. 14 pages of pure Realmslore about the Moonshae lands, Caer Callidyrr along with a beautiful map of the likeness of the Backdrop: Cormyr one. The last 3 pages hold a few magical items and some foes that are common around the Moonshaes. Very nice article indeed and works great with the new Heroes of the Feywild supplement.

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2011 :  23:35:50  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. It is the new way forward for epic Realmslore. The article also goes great with the Dragon article Heroes of the Moonsea Isles. The designer of the player article can move mountains with his mind, and the ladies call him "Big Stallion." Not sure what that means, but it sounds impressive. Just saying >_>

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dra/201111themes
Go to Top of Page

smerwin29
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2011 :  18:01:14  Show Profile Send smerwin29 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Indeed. It is the new way forward for epic Realmslore. The article also goes great with the Dragon article Heroes of the Moonsea Isles. The designer of the player article can move mountains with his mind, and the ladies call him "Big Stallion." Not sure what that means, but it sounds impressive. Just saying >_>

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dra/201111themes

"Big Stallion?" I could swear I heard "Big Scallion." Ah well. ;-)

Anyway, I hope people enjoy the article. Or if you can't enjoy the article, enjoy Mike Schley's totally rockin' map. And thanks go also to Matt and Brian James for the very timely and valuable contributions.
Go to Top of Page

Rils
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2011 :  17:25:43  Show Profile Send Rils a Private Message  Reply with Quote
+5, thanks for the excellent article. I'm excited to hear that this is the pattern moving forward! Great background info, fantastic map (need more of these!). This impressed me so much I plan on building our next campaign around it!

One thing I really appreciated was the bit on the last page, about quest suggestions. While many of these are fairly evident from the background info, I found it really helpful that you bullet-pointed them like this. I'm a fairly new DM, and I've been reading Chris Perkin's articles about episodic content, building your sessions around the events you envision happening. It's really given me a lot of inspiration. Outlining the basic story elements is handy way to keep track of the various arcs that are running through the region, and I appreciate the extra effort.

Props for a writing such a nice package that includes multiple story arcs with a variety of conflict types, good maps, some specifically useful magic items, etc, all in a very user-friendly format. Hope to see more of it!

Dugmaren Brightmantle is my homey.
Go to Top of Page

smerwin29
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2011 :  23:34:00  Show Profile Send smerwin29 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4map/DUN196

If you plan to use any of the Backdrop: Moonshae Isle article's materials, make sure you get the hi-res version of the map, which really does proper justice to Mike Schley's work.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000