Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Character Themes: Heroes of the Moonshaes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2011 :  15:46:42  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm not sure on the exact day it will be released, but my latest Forgotten Realms article is coming soon. In it, I provide some great options for characters who hail from the Moonshae Isles. Of course, there will be some yummy Realmslore found all throughout! Here is the table of contents for Dragon #405:

http://wizards.com/dnd/TOC.aspx?x=dnd/4new/drtoc/405

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2011 :  16:45:20  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very excited to see what's coming out for that article. Not really sure if I have a current need for it but additional Realmslore is always a welcoming sight.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2011 :  00:52:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Always keen on new Moonshae lore.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2011 :  12:26:39  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The article plays along with the release of Heroes of the Feywild. The Moonshaes offer up a fertile ground for fey activity--especially with Sarifal. I did, however, include plenty of fun stuff about the Northlanders, Caer Callidyr, and even the mostly ambiguous Llewyrr Elves!
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2011 :  10:21:26  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...and it is here: http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dra/201111themes
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2011 :  15:02:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No doubt about it... my players had better expected some Moonshae love in the next stage of my Realms campaign.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2011 :  23:31:06  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sage! I feel that my article, combined with the Backdrop one of the region, can really make for a stand-alone rump into the fabled islands.
Go to Top of Page

Rils
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2011 :  17:12:55  Show Profile Send Rils a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the article, Matt! I was reading the CharOp thread on the WotC boards, where a few vocal minorities don't seem to appreciate your effort. Don't take it too personally, they tend to forget that CO isn't everything. :)

My current DM is going on a bit of hiatus and I'm looking at taking over for him, and the Moonshae articles this month are going to be forming the foundation of our new campaign. Totally stoked, thanks again!

Dugmaren Brightmantle is my homey.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2011 :  15:50:22  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agree with Rils, CharOps can get ridiculous if things aren't done to their exact specifications. I've been going there less and less as each new product/article comes out. At first, I was really interested in their comments about how such-and-such product rates and the like but with how much BS'ing they're doing on a consistant basis, it's been difficult taking anything they say with any meausre of what real gamers think.

I responded with a little retort of my own on the site in an attempt to show others that CharOps voice isn't the only one around but I feel it's just more noise in a crowed of people already complaining. I actually thought the article was pretty interesting and I like how you implicated some restrictiveness. 4E has scant amount of it in the game and really, I never saw that as a bad thing. Espically when your using that material outside the Forgotten Realms campaign.

Personally, I feel the problem stems from the fact that 90% of the people who play 4E are using the CB as a end-all/be-all to character creation. Does anyone actually use Pen/Pencil for their character sheets anymore? I know I've gone back to blank sheets and just copying it from the compter to my paper with changes as I see fit.
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  19:39:13  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not phased by it. I go to the CharOp board to learn. I'm pretty firm in my stance of preserving racial restrictions for FR-specific content.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  19:57:06  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both of these Moonshaes articles are just fantastic. Thanks to both the authors!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000