Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Which monster is Nightshade of AD&D in 3.5 version
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2011 :  08:47:49  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
There is a monster introduced in the adventure Doom of Daggerdale which is called Nightshade. What is the name of the same monster on 3.5 edition??Because the nightshade of the Monster Manual 3.5 is an undead one and it is not the same as it was on 2nd edition ..

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  17:51:52  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aren't they also called Wood Woses?

I forget their specific details, but I remember thinking (the last time I looked through that source) that they would make excellent candidates for Shadowfel fey (since I use the Shadowfel as a sort-of 'anti-feywild').

The way I picture it, Faerie behaves in much the same way as the Domains of Dread, except instead of mists it uses forests; 'enchanted forests' for the Seelie fey, and 'Haunted Forests' for the Unseelie fey - they reach into the prime and grab unsuspecting individuals.

The Wood Woses/Nightshades would have been from the darker, haunted forest.

Thats pretty much my entire thoughts on them - I believe I saw another version of them somewhere (Mystara?), but I don't think that was 3e/3.5 either. Unfortunately, we never saw any 3e Fairy lore.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  18:15:56  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the info

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  09:33:16  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are in the Tome of Horrors

In WotC's products splinterwaifs (mm3) are somewhat similar, or verdant princes (mm4 or 5?)
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  18:53:00  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am only familiar with the 2e FR Nightshade, an embodiment of natures toxic plants.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 09 Jan 2012 18:53:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000