Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Backdrop: Moonshae Isles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Diffan Posted - 24 Nov 2011 : 20:28:52
Moonshae Isles

Wow, just wow. 14 pages of pure Realmslore about the Moonshae lands, Caer Callidyrr along with a beautiful map of the likeness of the Backdrop: Cormyr one. The last 3 pages hold a few magical items and some foes that are common around the Moonshaes. Very nice article indeed and works great with the new Heroes of the Feywild supplement.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smerwin29 Posted - 30 Nov 2011 : 23:34:00
http://wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4map/DUN196

If you plan to use any of the Backdrop: Moonshae Isle article's materials, make sure you get the hi-res version of the map, which really does proper justice to Mike Schley's work.
Rils Posted - 26 Nov 2011 : 17:25:43
+5, thanks for the excellent article. I'm excited to hear that this is the pattern moving forward! Great background info, fantastic map (need more of these!). This impressed me so much I plan on building our next campaign around it!

One thing I really appreciated was the bit on the last page, about quest suggestions. While many of these are fairly evident from the background info, I found it really helpful that you bullet-pointed them like this. I'm a fairly new DM, and I've been reading Chris Perkin's articles about episodic content, building your sessions around the events you envision happening. It's really given me a lot of inspiration. Outlining the basic story elements is handy way to keep track of the various arcs that are running through the region, and I appreciate the extra effort.

Props for a writing such a nice package that includes multiple story arcs with a variety of conflict types, good maps, some specifically useful magic items, etc, all in a very user-friendly format. Hope to see more of it!
smerwin29 Posted - 25 Nov 2011 : 18:01:14
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Indeed. It is the new way forward for epic Realmslore. The article also goes great with the Dragon article Heroes of the Moonsea Isles. The designer of the player article can move mountains with his mind, and the ladies call him "Big Stallion." Not sure what that means, but it sounds impressive. Just saying >_>

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dra/201111themes

"Big Stallion?" I could swear I heard "Big Scallion." Ah well. ;-)

Anyway, I hope people enjoy the article. Or if you can't enjoy the article, enjoy Mike Schley's totally rockin' map. And thanks go also to Matt and Brian James for the very timely and valuable contributions.
Matt James Posted - 24 Nov 2011 : 23:35:50
Indeed. It is the new way forward for epic Realmslore. The article also goes great with the Dragon article Heroes of the Moonsea Isles. The designer of the player article can move mountains with his mind, and the ladies call him "Big Stallion." Not sure what that means, but it sounds impressive. Just saying >_>

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dra/201111themes

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000