Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The funniest person in the Realms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2010 :  13:12:59  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I find Cyric funny OCCASIONALLY, and annoying MOST OF THE TIMES. Which is just right, because being irrevocably mad is equal to being ceaselessly irritating.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Acolyte

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2010 :  13:13:01  Show Profile  Visit Mouse's Homepage Send Mouse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, on a more serious note:
Everyone in the Baldur's Gate series.
I suppose it's just the way of BioWare's games to make their characters as wacky as possible but their dialoge just cracks me up.

[after encountering an hostile kuo-toa]
Protagonist: Hi! I want to pass through your land!
Kuo-Toa Leader: Klodg do g'ith dal shaog gossath! Geetaaah!
Protagonist: (sigh) This isn't going to end well, is it?

Imoen: So... Sarevok. You've had an itty-bitty piece of my soul in there for quite a while now. What's it been like?
Sarevok: Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand.

Minsc: I do not get through many battles without injury. Why is Minsc always on the front line taking damage?
Protagonist: Are you a freakishingly large juggernaut that charges at the drop of a hat? Just a guess on my part.
Minsc: Perhaps I am a touch quick to combat but I temper my temper with common sense about who I should attack. What? I do too! Why does Boo snicker?

"Barbarians are more polite then civilized men, for civilized men know they may be rude to another without having their skulls cleaved open as a general thing."
-Conan
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Acolyte

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2010 :  13:16:58  Show Profile  Visit Mouse's Homepage Send Mouse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find Cyric funny OCCASIONALLY, and annoying MOST OF THE TIMES. Which is just right, because being irrevocably mad is equal to being ceaselessly irritating.

This is true, but about the time he started actually doing stuff I kind of stopped taking the Realms very seriously in terms of story since it was abundantly clear that the developers themselves didn't either.
Honestly, I'm close to nintey percent sure that the people who actually give a toss about Faerun are all right here on Candlekeep.

"Barbarians are more polite then civilized men, for civilized men know they may be rude to another without having their skulls cleaved open as a general thing."
-Conan
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2010 :  16:45:54  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may be right in that....

Another good candidate would be Deekin from NWN. He cracks me up!! And I love the novelty of a kobold bard. An interesting choice of class for him.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Wulf Waters
Acolyte

Australia
40 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2010 :  21:46:49  Show Profile  Visit Wulf Waters's Homepage Send Wulf Waters a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Minsc and Boo anyone? Xzar and his split personality?
Oh the joys of Baldurs Gate ... *reminisces*
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2010 :  01:33:46  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jack Ravenwild (all the time)
Arthrogate (when rhyming)
Will and Pavel (when insulting each other)

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2010 :  01:35:20  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Jack Ravenwild (all the time)
Arthrogate (when rhyming)

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2010 :  17:15:07  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Morte and Nordom from Planescape: Torment. Weird and funny apart or together.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2010 :  17:19:48  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coach

I agree. It's one of the things that lessened my disappointment with the YoRD.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

bladeinAmn
Learned Scribe

199 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  06:18:17  Show Profile  Visit bladeinAmn's Homepage Send bladeinAmn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

Also, on a more serious note:
Everyone in the Baldur's Gate series.
I suppose it's just the way of BioWare's games to make their characters as wacky as possible but their dialoge just cracks me up.

[after encountering an hostile kuo-toa]
Protagonist: Hi! I want to pass through your land!
Kuo-Toa Leader: Klodg do g'ith dal shaog gossath! Geetaaah!
Protagonist: (sigh) This isn't going to end well, is it?

Imoen: So... Sarevok. You've had an itty-bitty piece of my soul in there for quite a while now. What's it been like?
Sarevok: Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand.

Minsc: I do not get through many battles without injury. Why is Minsc always on the front line taking damage?
Protagonist: Are you a freakishingly large juggernaut that charges at the drop of a hat? Just a guess on my part.
Minsc: Perhaps I am a touch quick to combat but I temper my temper with common sense about who I should attack. What? I do too! Why does Boo snicker?

LOL! Yeah the entire game has some really awsome dialogue, often really funny! And often involving Minsc! Remember when two philosophers are arguing, one'em gets their bodyguard to attack, and then Minsc all of a sudden charges into battle, saying "He attacks? Such a display of wrongness fills even Boo with disgust! For my hamster, I must land a blow for goodness!" Then proceeds to wipe out the bodyguard, and then both philosphers turn to Minsc, the first one saying: "Oh, phooey. Spoil my fun, will you? And I was winning that argument, too" and then the 2nd one adds: "Now I hope you know all that violence was completely unnecessary. You've rather invalidated my entire argument!"

quote:
Originally posted by Arik

Morte and Nordom from Planescape: Torment. Weird and funny apart or together.

It's funniest person in the Realms, but I reckon Planescape is part of the Realms, as its where most of the 'powers' dwell. That and Ed Greenwood is the ultimate author of both settings!

Oh man! I juss started playing PS:T earlier this month, and Morte is funny! He's also my best fighter! Kinda like Minsc like that, eh?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000