Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Clark Peterson goes Pathfinder (Necromancer Games)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  10:06:46  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Big ol' link!

After watching Clark Cheerleading for 4E in the begining. To now this. WOW!

Mod edit: Cast shrinky link.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Apr 2010 23:43:14

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  18:38:05  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent!

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  14:35:14  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with him all the way. I enjoy Pathfinder...
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  15:28:56  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's Necromancer games??

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  17:15:20  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A third-party publisher specializing in "3rd Edition Rules, 1st Edition Feel". They put out a bunch of adventures that had the 'feel' of earlier editions, including a nice collection of Tome of Horror sourcebooks detailing fiendish monsters.

They actually had intended on continuing publishing into 4th edition, but it looks like it never took off (and might not ever).

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  17:38:38  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah I see.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  19:40:01  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why couldn't they publish both 4E material and material designed for the Pathfinder system?
Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  21:25:13  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to point that out: Clark Peterson is not talking about the game he *publishes*, but about the game he *is playing*. Nothing about his plans to publish is said in that thread (only a few hints about talking with Eric Mona ), but given the desaster that is the GSL it seems very unlikely that he will publish for 4e. This is remarkable since Clark Peterson was an avid and staunch supporter for 4e from the time since it was announced who wanted to publish for this game, but it seems that he sees no way to do so under these conditions we have at the moment.

I think this post is very interesting documenting his assessment of the situation at WotC, and the game.

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2010 :  23:41:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Why couldn't they publish both 4E material and material designed for the Pathfinder system?

Because Pathfinder is based on 3.5, and under the new WotC rules, if you publish 4E, you do not publish anything for any prior editions.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2010 :  01:56:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Because Pathfinder is based on 3.5, and under the new WotC rules, if you publish 4E, you do not publish anything for any prior editions.

Indeed. The public information and licensing details Wizards has release regarding 4e material makes this quite clear.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

freyar
Learned Scribe

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2010 :  12:59:46  Show Profile  Visit freyar's Homepage Send freyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Indeed. The public information and licensing details Wizards has release regarding 4e material makes this quite clear.

Actually, the newer version of the GSL changed that. Adamant Entertainment and EN Publishing are both selling/publishing for 3.X/Pathfinder and 4e right now, for example.

My DnD Links and Creations
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  23:47:13  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have we heard anything more about this? Do we know which system Necromancer will be publishing for? Or is this all still presently unknown?

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2010 :  02:50:14  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clark's brother Bill started Frog God Games. he is going to be publishing Slumbering Tsar for the Pathfinder Ruleset.

I know En World, and Paizo has links and info on whats going on.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 13 May 2010 03:25:51
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2010 :  09:24:56  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Early-on, several of the smaller companies split their lines into two separate companies, thus side-stepping WotC's GSL hand-tying. Only the company that signs the GSL need stick to it. It was actually kinda brilliant - even though the same folks own both, only the company itself has to stick to the rules.

It appears this is what Necromancer may be doing as well.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2010 :  01:15:42  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any updates on how this is going? Brimstone's Frog God Games link is dead.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2010 :  03:38:33  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Any updates on how this is going? Brimstone's Frog God Games link is dead.

Frog God Games is up and running, last I checked.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000