Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Clark Peterson goes Pathfinder (Necromancer Games)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brimstone Posted - 05 Apr 2010 : 10:06:46
Big ol' link!

After watching Clark Cheerleading for 4E in the begining. To now this. WOW!

Mod edit: Cast shrinky link.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Daviot Posted - 26 Sep 2010 : 03:38:33
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Any updates on how this is going? Brimstone's Frog God Games link is dead.

Frog God Games is up and running, last I checked.
Jakk Posted - 26 Sep 2010 : 01:15:42
Any updates on how this is going? Brimstone's Frog God Games link is dead.
Markustay Posted - 17 Jul 2010 : 09:24:56
Early-on, several of the smaller companies split their lines into two separate companies, thus side-stepping WotC's GSL hand-tying. Only the company that signs the GSL need stick to it. It was actually kinda brilliant - even though the same folks own both, only the company itself has to stick to the rules.

It appears this is what Necromancer may be doing as well.
Brimstone Posted - 13 May 2010 : 02:50:14
Clark's brother Bill started Frog God Games. he is going to be publishing Slumbering Tsar for the Pathfinder Ruleset.

I know En World, and Paizo has links and info on whats going on.
Jakk Posted - 12 May 2010 : 23:47:13
Have we heard anything more about this? Do we know which system Necromancer will be publishing for? Or is this all still presently unknown?
freyar Posted - 12 Apr 2010 : 12:59:46
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Why couldn't they publish both 4E material and material designed for the Pathfinder system?

Because Pathfinder is based on 3.5, and under the new WotC rules, if you publish 4E, you do not publish anything for any prior editions.

Indeed. The public information and licensing details Wizards has release regarding 4e material makes this quite clear.

Actually, the newer version of the GSL changed that. Adamant Entertainment and EN Publishing are both selling/publishing for 3.X/Pathfinder and 4e right now, for example.
The Sage Posted - 10 Apr 2010 : 01:56:21
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Why couldn't they publish both 4E material and material designed for the Pathfinder system?

Because Pathfinder is based on 3.5, and under the new WotC rules, if you publish 4E, you do not publish anything for any prior editions.

Indeed. The public information and licensing details Wizards has release regarding 4e material makes this quite clear.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 23:41:58
quote:

Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 21:25:13
Just to point that out: Clark Peterson is not talking about the game he *publishes*, but about the game he *is playing*. Nothing about his plans to publish is said in that thread (only a few hints about talking with Eric Mona ), but given the desaster that is the GSL it seems very unlikely that he will publish for 4e. This is remarkable since Clark Peterson was an avid and staunch supporter for 4e from the time since it was announced who wanted to publish for this game, but it seems that he sees no way to do so under these conditions we have at the moment.

I think this post is very interesting documenting his assessment of the situation at WotC, and the game.
Diffan Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 19:40:01
Alisttair Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 17:38:38
Ah I see.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 17:15:20
A third-party publisher specializing in "3rd Edition Rules, 1st Edition Feel". They put out a bunch of adventures that had the 'feel' of earlier editions, including a nice collection of Tome of Horror sourcebooks detailing fiendish monsters.

They actually had intended on continuing publishing into 4th edition, but it looks like it never took off (and might not ever).
Alisttair Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 15:28:56
What's Necromancer games??
GRYPHON Posted - 09 Apr 2010 : 14:35:14
I agree with him all the way. I enjoy Pathfinder...
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 05 Apr 2010 : 18:38:05
Excellent!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000