Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Authors attending Gen Con Indy
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darkcrow
Learned Scribe

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  01:47:28  Show Profile  Visit darkcrow's Homepage Send darkcrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm going up to the Gen Con Indy next weekend in hopes to meet a lot of my favorite Forgotten Realms authors and get some Autographs but there is a lot less than I thought there would be. Of course the list was made in May. Does someone out there know of any more than the authors I have listed below.
Richard Lee Byers
Jean Rabe
Steven Schend

May Tymora smile upon ye

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  01:54:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed of the Greenwood, Erik Scott de Bie, and Christopher Rowe are among the first that come to mind.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Aug 2009 01:54:42
Go to Top of Page

darkcrow
Learned Scribe

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  02:20:56  Show Profile  Visit darkcrow's Homepage Send darkcrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that's cool. Where did you get a hold of that info. I would like to get my hands on a list of FR authors that will be there so I can bring the right books to get autographed. Ed Greenwood is my main priority cause we named my youngest daughter Shandril and I would like to get the Shandril saga signed as a keepsake for her.

May Tymora smile upon ye
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  02:38:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darkcrow

that's cool. Where did you get a hold of that info.
Mostly from this scroll:- http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11733

And comments made by FR authors both here [elsewhere] and on their own blogs/sites.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  15:05:25  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, everybody.

I will indeed be at Gen Con. But I don't have any signings scheduled in Author's Alley, nor has WotC asked me to participate in any of their presentations.

So, if you want a book signed or just want to say hi (either of which would be great), the way to be sure of finding me is to look at the schedule of writing seminars put on by "the Symposium." I'm involved in a number of those, and you can catch me before or after the panel.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  15:57:31  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, I'll be there. Not doing anything official, but I'll be around.

Easiest/best place to catch me is on Friday at Spin a Yarn or the Realms seminar.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  19:10:17  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To this, I can add Erin Evans (Wizards book editor and author of a forthcoming novel in the "Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep" series) and Steven Schend.
(Bob Salvatore, Elaine Cunningham, Phil Athans, and Thomas Reid will NOT be attending, so far as I know.)
I THINK Rich Baker will be attending. I'll post again here if I find out more, in time...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  19:23:57  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there for the whole show; while I'm scheduled for a signing in Author's Alley on Thursday, I'll be absent from that to be on the GAMER FANTASTIC panel with the Writers' Symposium folks. I've got a reading at noon Thursday (where I'll read the prologue of my work-in-progress for which I hope to find a publisher soon). I also have a signing 1pm on Friday. After that, the best place to catch me at Gen Con is at the GAMING PAPER booth (Booth #1910) on Saturday/Sunday.

Hope to meet many of you, but remember to identify yourselves clearly. The con floor's a tough place for someone with hearing aids some days....

Steven
www.steveneschend.com

PS: The Thursday panel locations are from 10am through 1pm at Santa Fe Ballroom in the Marriott; the Friday signing is in Author's Alley on the exhibit hall floor.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com

Edited by - Steven Schend on 10 Aug 2009 20:41:59
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  20:10:13  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

To this, I can add Erin Evans (Wizards book editor and author of a forthcoming novel in the "Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep" series) and Steven Schend.
(Bob Salvatore, Elaine Cunningham, Phil Athans, and Thomas Reid will NOT be attending, so far as I know.)
I THINK Rich Baker will be attending. I'll post again here if I find out more, in time...
love,
THO

Just confirming THO's post. I will not be attending this year, but am seriously considering GenCon 2010.
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  21:08:49  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Troy Denning will be at Gen Con for the Indy Knights Fan Breakfast on Saturday morning, and then doing a signing at the Indy Knights booth Saturday at noon.

Ed Gentry of Neversfall fame will be at the con as well last I heard.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Jaleigh J.
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  03:00:07  Show Profile  Visit Jaleigh J.'s Homepage Send Jaleigh J. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there as well, from Friday to Sunday. I don't have any signings scheduled this year, but like Erik I'll probably be at the FR seminar or Spin a Yarn later in the afternoon.

http://www.jaleighjohnson.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jaleigh_johnson
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  14:34:53  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Might I recommend that any scribes from Candlekeep congregate together or something at Ed's Spin a Yarn so we can know where to find each other? I'd like to meet as many of you as possible, but the only one I'd probably recognize is BRJ (and that's from his twitter picture).

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  18:18:42  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Might I recommend that any scribes from Candlekeep congregate together or something at Ed's Spin a Yarn so we can know where to find each other?
A very good idea. Either last year or the year before, there was also a picture taken of the various authors and Candlekeep scribes there. We could make it an annual tradition!

quote:
I'd like to meet as many of you as possible, but the only one I'd probably recognize is BRJ (and that's from his twitter picture).
Well, I'm the unreasonably tall one.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  18:39:55  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I don't know the layout of the room that the Spin a Yarn is in. Should we say up front and center stage? Or is that too obnoxious to the non-scribes?

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  18:40:58  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Might I recommend that any scribes from Candlekeep congregate together or something at Ed's Spin a Yarn so we can know where to find each other? I'd like to meet as many of you as possible, but the only one I'd probably recognize is BRJ (and that's from his twitter picture).

No guarantees I'll make Spin a Yarn, but I've got seminars in Santa Fe ballroom from 10 to 1 on Thursday and a signing on Friday at 1pm down at Author's Alley. Otherwise, you can find what I look like on Facebook. More likely, I'll be grayer and rounder than the photos, but I should be recognizable. If you still haven't found me by Saturday, stop by the GAMING PAPER booth (#1910) in the exhibit hall. I'll be there.

Steven Schend

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  18:42:21  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
quote:
I'd like to meet as many of you as possible, but the only one I'd probably recognize is BRJ (and that's from his twitter picture).
Well, I'm the unreasonably tall one.

Cheers

If you were unreasonably tall, Erik, you'd be more easily knocked over. We'll just say your parents rolled very well for your stats when they created you.

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  18:53:21  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, Steven. How did I never see the Facebook and LinkedIn links on your page before. Nevermind, invites sent!

On a side note, I just realized that I could create a group on LinkedIn, so I created one. I give you the Candlekeep Scribes LinkedIn group!

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 11 Aug 2009 18:53:39
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  21:34:40  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

If you were unreasonably tall, Erik, you'd be more easily knocked over. We'll just say your parents rolled very well for your stats when they created you.

Aw.

The wife did better, though.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary Jones
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2009 :  05:40:17  Show Profile  Visit Rosemary Jones's Homepage Send Rosemary Jones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik is unreasonably tall. He's just much taller than the rest of us worn down by hunching over our keyboards.

Have fun at GenCon, y'all!

Rosemary

Rosemary Jones
www.rosemaryjones.com
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2009 :  05:08:14  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As the old generals say, no battle strategy even survives contact with the enemy. The same could be said of plans when attending GenCon.

I was to attend a party of Paizo volunteers, Ed's Spin a Yarn and about a dozen other things. However, being here with friends I haven't seen in a year (or more), control of all of our schedules quickly spun out as I introduced them to their first visit to the Exhibition hall, Pathfinder Society goodness and much, much else.

I'm terribly sorry I missed Ed's Yarn, (wound up over 30 minutes overbooked and didn't want to walk in halfway through, although it sounded like you were having a blast from Monte's Dungeon Design seminar). And I'm DOUBLY sorry that I still haven't caught up with the James gang roaming the building. On the bright side, my Golarion Campaign Setting has the autographs of writers, designers, artists and notables such as our beloved Mr. Greenwood and even Keith Baker. I'm still looking searching for others to sign, so if you've contributed and haven't signed a Campaign setting book yet, let me know!

Ah well, tomorrow is another day and one that starts bright and early. Good gaming to all!

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000