Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 FR WIKI
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  00:59:04  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Would anyone happen to know another site were i can get additional info on the realms. Went to the FR wiki but it wasn't as helpful as i was hoping, So if anybody has any other sources i would appreciate it.

Its simple really, Your an idiot and I'm simply a figment of your imagination

Edited by - Randal_Dundragon on 29 Jul 2009 01:34:39

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  01:04:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd appreciate you being a little more "cautious" with your opinions about the FR Wiki, Randal. As this exact topic has been kind of a flashpoint for heated discussions here at Candlekeep in the past.

And I will note that there are a dedicated few, like fw190a8, who are endeavouring to ensure that most of the content on the FR Wiki is valid, and relates specifically to canon.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  01:29:52  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My apologies, just didnt find it very helpful is all, ill try to keep my posts a little more "Diplomatic". Wasnt trying to start anything i swear :).

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  01:38:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye.

It's just we've had problems with this topic before. So I'd like to be clear about this right from the start. And to avoid any potential problems, by ensuring friendly participation for ALL scribes.

Edited by - The Sage on 29 Jul 2009 01:39:02
Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  01:51:17  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problem, but if anyone does happen to know another site i would appreciate it. I'm currently away from home for an extended period and being able to find the info would make trying to convert various things to the pathfinder rules a lot easier then trying from memory.

Go to Top of Page

SeeDiGi
Acolyte

Bermuda
34 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  03:56:56  Show Profile  Visit SeeDiGi's Homepage Send SeeDiGi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found it pretty lacking myself. The best place is just to ask questions here and at the wotc website.
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  07:43:00  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeeDiGi

I found it pretty lacking myself. The best place is just to ask questions here and at the wotc website.

It is lacking compared to some other genre wikis but it has been steadily getting better. I always find myself going there while I am reading a novel to find some info on a character or a place that I am not familiar with (1 year between trilogy novels makes it hard to keep track of things). A year ago I usually found the site pretty useless, but as I said it has steadily been getting better. Hopefully one day it will be as in depth as Wookiepedia.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2009 :  23:56:23  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just ask Sage!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  01:04:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, just ask him. Wherever he is.

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  16:26:30  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol Right :)

Go to Top of Page

Lord Necro
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  16:50:50  Show Profile  Visit Lord Necro's Homepage Send Lord Necro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found that, at least for history in FR, that the Sorcerers Place was a good one.
Here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Worlds/FR/index.php

The info is a bit vague though...

"Time? time has no meaning to the dead..." ~ Necro Lazerus, Male Moon Elven Shade/Lich.
"Life is but a cloak we wear fleetingly.." ~ Etrius Lazerus, Male Moon Elven Shade.

Edited by - Lord Necro on 30 Jul 2009 16:51:34
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000