Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Elves of Faerūn: Volume I & III Availible Now
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  03:46:00  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
-I don't visit this site, so it completely slipped my mind to post the link here. That's only about a week lag or so, though, so no one's been missing out on all that much for too long: www.angelfire.com/rpg2/dagnirion/EoF.pdf

-Volume III can be found here: www.angelfire.com/rpg2/dagnirion/EoF2.pdf

-In a few days, a week, whatever, the hosting website will change, and when that does, I'll modify the link.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 24 Jun 2009 23:51:12

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  15:25:57  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neat work and nicely done. If only they had seperated lore from "fanfic".

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  15:31:57  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it was built off of existing lore, making it little different from the CKC in content. NOTHING contradicts existing canon.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  18:30:35  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, it is good to see part of it has finally reached completion.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  20:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember few posts in WotC forums many months, maybe years ago about this project and I'm very happy to read the final product !
Congrats Dagnirion !
And thanks a lot.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2009 :  00:34:08  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Well, it was built off of existing lore, making it little different from the CKC in content. NOTHING contradicts existing canon.

Point is (and I'm not exactly out to start a debate) that it "writes" lore out of nothing, presenting it as new lore with no or hardly any back-up. E.g. ...
Sun Elves, Avariel, and even the malicious Dhaerow eventually adopted the language as their own millennia ago. No records exist of any of their languages before the adoption of Espruar.

Who said that the sun elves and avariel adopted that language from others ... and not vice versa? Who said that the Ilythiiri or other dark elves (back then) adopted that tongue - and not vice versa? Of course, the last line actually states the hypothetical element of it all, since there is no record of those ancient languages, or rather, none of the designers bothered to write it down, as it had no relevance to the game world of today. A game world that demanded far more important issues to be dealt with than long dead languages of ages long gone by. See, this is really great stuff, yet, mingling canon with fan-lore in a way that make it all look canon lore is ... well, not the way I had done it. And I told LK all the way from the first few pages ...

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2009 :  23:59:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What happened to Volume II?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2009 :  03:38:46  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-The entire reason why this wasn't released like a year or two years ago was because of the sheer amount of information that was being covered. The materials that compromise Volume I and Volume III are all finished, and have been so for a very, very, very long time. They simply weren't "released" because I wasn't finished with everything else. I recently figured that it'd be in the best interests of everyone if I didn't just sit on that information, while I (and other contributors) slowly chipped away at the mountain that still hasn't been scaled.

-The table of contents was written in such a way to be flowing, as opposed to herky-jerky. If I compiled and released everything in the order that it was completed, things would be herky-jerky, with information, then mechanics, then some timeline info, then some mechanics, and so on and so forth. So, instead of doing that, or doing what I was originally doing, waiting for everything to be done before assembling the total complete package, I figured I'd simply skip what wasn't complete, glossing over it until that material is ready to be posted and shared as a .PDF file.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2009 :  03:46:52  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

well, not the way I had done it. And I told LK all the way from the first few pages ...

Fair enough...

But we did try to maintain that 'unreliable reporter' style that Ed (and others) was so famous for in 1e/2e. Usually when we were just "making things up out of thin air", we prefaced it with something like "many scholars believe..." - that sort of thing.

WE would have preferred a canon Elves of Faerūn published by WotC... instead we got Elves of Golarion.

Besides, the '4e attitude' is "make it all up yourself", so we're just getting with the plan.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Jun 2009 03:48:05
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2009 :  09:15:03  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
Besides, the '4e attitude' is "make it all up yourself", so we're just getting with the plan.

That was one of the mottos of Eberron, was it not? Why they needed to bash the Realms into something similar is simply beyond me. But that is another topic.

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2009 :  11:47:21  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks Dagnirion :)
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2009 :  03:15:33  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
new link doesnt work for EoF3

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

Herkles
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2009 :  17:49:18  Show Profile  Visit Herkles's Homepage Send Herkles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the links don't seem to work for me.
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2009 :  20:58:43  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2009 :  22:13:31  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You tried the "right-click" & "save as" option? Works fine for me.

Edit: Nay, it doesn't. While it saves something, it ain't the PDF. Alas, I got my copy ere the error sprang up.

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

Edited by - Zanan on 28 Jun 2009 22:15:21
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2009 :  23:13:52  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's moved the links to the Forgotten Realms Vault.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

SeeDiGi
Acolyte

Bermuda
34 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2009 :  02:49:15  Show Profile  Visit SeeDiGi's Homepage Send SeeDiGi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow I must say that over the years I've done a lot of lurking and saw plenty of fan-made things but this is probably THE BEST FAN-MADE FORGOTTEN REALMS thing I ever saw. The caps do it some justice.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2009 :  15:11:45  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the background on the pages make the whole thing.

Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2009 :  20:26:11  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some really fine stuff in there. Thank you very much for your efforts.

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page

Joe1288
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2010 :  05:20:54  Show Profile  Visit Joe1288's Homepage Send Joe1288 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The links don't seem to work for me. Dose anyone have an updated link?
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2010 :  05:30:06  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye...any information on where/how to find this would be appreciated!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2010 :  07:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Realms Vault got closed a long time ago.

Try LK's gallery on DeviantArt: http://lord-karsus.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured Only Volumes I, III & VI got finished.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Joe1288
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2010 :  14:05:07  Show Profile  Visit Joe1288's Homepage Send Joe1288 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank You!!!
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2010 :  14:51:42  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice...
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  19:47:37  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  19:52:56  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

Try LK's gallery on DeviantArt: http://lord-karsus.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured Only Volumes I, III & VI got finished.

Is there any material on II, IV & V at all to be found?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2010 :  10:58:52  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

A loooot. Here:
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19848926/Elven_Netbook?pg=1

Edited by - Zireael on 12 Oct 2010 18:59:36
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2010 :  14:07:18  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I need sources for the spells (that are not from PG) Ka'Narlist has in his write-up in EoF Vol. VI. Also where are bracers of arcane freedom from?

Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2384 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2014 :  20:58:36  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still visible fanw@nk, of course - while better than "Did one elf/orc come into being per each drop of divine blood spilled, or was it some other ratio?", e.g. the part about Sea Elves is. Hint: two words - Myth Nantar.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2014 :  13:54:03  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The vol 3 link, links to vol. 1. ANd the other links doesn't work at all.
Go to Top of Page

Akantor
Acolyte

France
24 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2014 :  09:48:36  Show Profile  Visit Akantor's Homepage Send Akantor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Up ? ;)

English is not my primary language so forgive me for any mistake, I do my best (and spend skill point at my next level)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000