Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Elaine Cunningham
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  06:31:11  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham
Brain is fire, she needs an underwire
But she's flayin' alive, flayin' alive.

LOL!
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  06:44:03  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend
It's a scary world we live in that has elevator Muzak(TM) versions on Along the Watchtower, Helter Skelter, and Springtime for Hitler.....and no, I'm not kidding.

I'm still waiting for a string-infested version of "Purple Haze." I'm not entirely certain, but didn't Nostrodamus name that as a portent of the four horsemen of the Apocolypse?

One of my favorite scenes from the old "WKRP in Cinncinnati" was the look on Johnny Fever's face when he had to spin the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing, "You're Having My Baby (What a Wonderful Way to Say 'I Love You.')"

But those of us who live in glass houses, and so on. I'm well aware that many of my musical inclinations are not exactly in the pop cultural mainstream. These days I'm playing Celtic harp and learning Irish fiddle, and from time to time I go to the Chris Eaton home page to sigh wistfully over his Pajot model lute-backed hurdy-gurdy.

Some day....
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2004 :  01:54:32  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
Cool you remember WKRP and Johnny Fever, hated is as a teenager but got to appreciate the slapstick humour of it later on.

Elaine, I know, you could promote your Waterdeep Novel by adapting the tune from Green Acres

Waterdeep is the place to be...

Edited by - Bruce Donohue on 31 Mar 2004 01:56:58
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2004 :  16:28:59  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message
Ergh. You'll pay for that Green Acres bit, Bruce.

Hit me this morning that perhaps the gods need theme songs, especially those rebuilding their religions.

Thus, I submit that someone else can take the theme from SHAFT and do the honors for Bane.

I'm going to be too busy taking an old Bond theme for a tune re: Elminster. Assuming my head doesn't explode from the task, I'll try and send along The Mage Who Loved Me as a paean sung by many a former lissome apprentice....

Steven
Who suddenly realized that Semmemmon and Goldfinger have the same number of syllables...and he clutches his head screaming in pain (at least in a Shatner-esque overdone kind of way)

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

BrokenRulz
Acolyte

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2004 :  22:44:21  Show Profile  Visit BrokenRulz's Homepage Send BrokenRulz a Private Message
For all of you.

Here's a story,
Of a godlike wizard,
Who was bringing up seven lovely girls.
All of them had hair of silver,
Say, whose the mother?
The silver fire they hurl.

Here's a story,
Of a wizard named Halaster,
Who was busy several personalities of his own,
They were countless men,
Living all together, but they were never quite alone.

Till the one day when the wizard met this wacko,
and they knew they was much more than a hunch.
That this group,
Must somehow form a family.
That's the way we became the Chosen Bunch,
The Chosen Bunch-.
That's the way- we became the Chosen Bunch.

D.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2004 :  01:19:02  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
Well, well Steven since you have inspired me with such words I must continue the full song now.

Waterdeep is the place to be
City livin' is the life for me
Towers spreadin' as far as the eye can see
Keep those farmin' bumpkins far away from me
City of Splendors is where I rather stay
I get allergic thinkin' about Thay
I just adore my Castle View
Think of rampaging Gods this City slew
...No boars
...The stores
...People here and there
...Nobles everywhere
Intrigues run rife
Beats Cyric's strife
Waterdeep the fair

P.S. I could have added this to the mix but withheld: Waterdeep, the only place where you can have laid to bare the scowling stare from the Blackstaff's lair. It wouldn't fair to live anywhere but there.

Edited by - Bruce Donohue on 01 Apr 2004 01:40:26
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2004 :  13:28:16  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Okay, filk session's over. Next topic, please?
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2004 :  17:24:32  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message
quote:

Okay, filk session's over. Next topic, please?

No new topic at present mind, but just wanted to publicly say again what a brilliant writer you are, lady.

I just reread DREAM SPHERES for the first time since I read its first draft all too long ago, and it's magnificent. I'd forgotten so much about it all and truly enjoyed it. Just figured you ought to know that (and use those kudos and mental energy to help you over that last hurdle with Waterdeep).

Now, as to other topics we could bandy about.....hmmm.....

It's been a few years since we've seen Bronwyn on stage. Even if there's no plans for a novel, got any speculations as to her present activities and what troubles she's been up to? The Curious Past still hale and hearty or a shattered and burnt-out hulk necessitating investigations as to nobles or others who might want be rid of her? Just some stray thoughts...

Maybe it's just DS still fresh in my head, but got any rumors you'd care to share re: the noble houses? Have Regnet and Galinda had kids yet, and what new ventures can the Amcathras and the Raventrees be up to because of that union? And while it seems like I'm fishing for secrets from the upcoming book, I'm not really--just wanting to see the changes and repurcussions resulting from your last forays down the Street of the Singing Dolphin.

And lastly (for a cheeky, pseudo-GenCon style question), Danilo--boxers or briefs?

Steven
Who doesn't really want to know but wants to help ease us away from the filking that he inadvertantly help start

Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  01:49:36  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
Humourous as always Steven in regards to the boxers or briefs. Wonder what the equivalent would be in medieval times or in the Realms?

Sorry Elaine about the Waterdeep filk, I just couldn't resist. heehee

Elaine what do you think Bran's views are in regards to Khelben and him diverging and creating the Moonstars?

Steven, since you come here often, and you have chanelled Khelben on more than one occasion, could you ask Khelben to enlighten us in regards to the Moonstars and some of the reasons he founded them for all those of us unlucky souls who have not been able to get there hands on Cloak and Dagger?

Elaine, if you were ever asked to collaborate, because of your background of music and history, what elements would you put into a design of a Bardic College?

You know, how FR views design a room for acoustics, some various samples of classes that would be taught, whether or not they would have open air auditoriums (kind of like the Greeks used to have in their peak), or grand vaulted indoor auditoriums, how would a Bardic College per say differ from a Temple to Milil God of Song, what tools would they use in regards to creating musical instruments, in the musical instrument department do you think that one College or the other would specialize in one form of musical instrumentation classes over the other, would Bardic College of the Realms miror Bardic Societies of our history (application, sponsorship to gain entry, wealth and influence, access to greater knowledge and instruction that main paesants would not be allowed to)

In regards to reputation, how would one graduate to various levels, and how would one College be considered the pinnacle over another College?

How would Elven instruction differ in mindset and messure of teaching as opposed to other races of Faerun, especially humans? After all I think you hinted in Elfsong, how Spellsong is a very unique talent, that is comes from within the heart, but curious as to how one is more powerful in its mastery than the other?

There that should be one hell of new topic for discussion, heehee.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  01:51:58  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
I just reread DREAM SPHERES. . .

Glad you enjoyed the book, even if it is an extreme example of the "shrubbiness" that sometimes afflicts my work -- lots of stuff going on, many subplots, and so on. As a game designer, you no doubt have an appreciation for the impulse to shove loads of details into a confined page count.

quote:
It's been a few years since we've seen Bronwyn on stage. Even if there's no plans for a novel, got any speculations as to her present activities and what troubles she's been up to? The Curious Past still hale and hearty or a shattered and burnt-out hulk necessitating investigations as to nobles or others who might want be rid of her? Just some stray thoughts...

No plans for a novel, but thanks for asking! I'd love to write "Darkhold," a sequel to Thornhold, which would detail the related struggles for control of these two fortresses. Algorind's story would be resolved, as would Cara's future.

The Curious Past is still a going concern, though Bronwyn spends less time in the shop these days.

quote:
Maybe it's just DS still fresh in my head, but got any rumors you'd care to share re: the noble houses? Have Regnet and Galinda had kids yet, and what new ventures can the Amcathras and the Raventrees be up to because of that union?

I'm sorry to report that things are not sunny and bright in the Amcathra household. Regnet and Galinda are severely at odds at present. The details are highly personal and a trifle sordid.

quote:
And lastly (for a cheeky, pseudo-GenCon style question), Danilo--boxers or briefs?

Going back to the source of this reference, I still can't believe that any journalist was stupid enough to ask that question, or that Clinton actually responded. My respect for the man would have risen immeasurably if he had answered calmly, "Does anyone have a question that deals with real issues, and shows a modicum of respect for the office of the Presidency?"

But Danilo is not, all gods be thanked, a politician, so I'll field this one. The answer is, "I never peeked."

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 02 Apr 2004 15:10:44
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  05:47:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
Going back to the source of this reference, I still can't believe that any journalist was stupid enough to ask that question, or that Clinton actually responded.

Was it a journalist? For some reason I thought it was at an MTV event where he was fielding questions from young voters in the audience while trying to show how hip he was as a Preidential candidate. Still, even if it was simply a potential voter, your point is valid. The question kinda sums up the current state of politics: sound bite, charm, and lack of voter concern towards a discussion of issues.

quote:
But Danilo is not, all gods be thanked, a politician, so I'll field this one. The answer is, "I never peeked."

Oh, but certainly Arilyn has and don't you and she occasionally still whisper things to each other?
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  13:30:09  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Donohue
Elaine, if you were ever asked to collaborate, because of your background of music and history, what elements would you put into a design of a Bardic College?

You know, how FR views design a room for acoustics, some various samples of classes that would be taught, whether or not they would have open air auditoriums (kind of like the Greeks used to have in their peak), or grand vaulted indoor auditoriums, how would a Bardic College per say differ from a Temple to Milil God of Song, what tools would they use in regards to creating musical instruments, in the musical instrument department do you think that one College or the other would specialize in one form of musical instrumentation classes over the other, would Bardic College of the Realms miror Bardic Societies of our history (application, sponsorship to gain entry, wealth and influence, access to greater knowledge and instruction that main paesants would not be allowed to)

In regards to reputation, how would one graduate to various levels, and how would one College be considered the pinnacle over another College?

How would Elven instruction differ in mindset and messure of teaching as opposed to other races of Faerun, especially humans? After all I think you hinted in Elfsong, how Spellsong is a very unique talent, that is comes from within the heart, but curious as to how one is more powerful in its mastery than the other?

There that should be one hell of new topic for discussion, heehee.

Yeah, it is a good topic, but the answers would take far more time and space than this forum allows.

Several years ago, Steven and I discussed the possibility of co-writing an article, or possibly even a game accessory, about the barding colleges, but nothing came of it.

In fact, it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever write or contribute to any WotC game product. Therefore, anything I might say on this topic would be non-canon speculation.

I plan to write a story featuring an elven bard and detailing the bardic culture, but it's not a Realms book, and not something I can discuss just yet.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  15:22:28  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
[quote]But Danilo is not, all gods be thanked, a politician, so I'll field this one. The answer is, "I never peeked."

Oh, but certainly Arilyn has and don't you and she occasionally still whisper things to each other?

I was suddenly assailed by a mental image of Arilyn and me sitting in the local Starbucks, sipping vanilla non-fat lattes and playing catch-up.

"I just got back from Filene, where I dropped a couple hundred on a new wardrobe of Perry Ellis briefs. So,what kind of skivies does your honey wear?"

::Arilyn studies me somberly over the edge of her mug. She places it down, removes a small bow from the oversized Coach bag sitting beside the table, and hands it to me.:: "You are in desperate need of something useful to occupy your time and thoughts. Take this, practice your archery at least three hours a day. When your aim is equal to the task of hunting, call me."

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  15:44:52  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
The equivalent for Realms underthings would be clout or undershorts.

Arilyn drinks lattes? Surely mistaken.

Edited by - Faraer on 02 Apr 2004 15:46:06
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  16:04:58  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer
Arilyn drinks lattes? Surely mistaken.

Irony, my dear Faraer.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  16:29:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
I think it obvious that Danilo would wear boxers. Boxers are what's more popular, and he is nothing if not a follower (and sometimes leader) of that which is fashionable.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  17:09:04  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message
Perhaps Danilo wears none at all? There's an option that has not be proposed. Hmm.. What is popular in Waterdeep these days?

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  17:42:57  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
I was suddenly assailed by a mental image of Arilyn and me sitting in the local Starbucks, sipping vanilla non-fat lattes and playing catch-up.

LOL! I love that image. But of course, it does leave one question hanging. Who picks up the tab for the lattes? Those things aren't cheap.
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  17:45:47  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
Irony, nevereardofit.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  17:48:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

LOL! I love that image. But of course, it does leave one question hanging. Who picks up the tab for the lattes? Those things aren't cheap.

I'd say the Lady Cunningham would likely have to pick it up. The last time I checked, gold pieces were not legal tender within the US. Of course, if Arilyn handed Elaine a single gp, I'm sure that would pay for a good amount of their shopping -- not to mention the lattes! -- once the coin was exchanged for dollars.

Oh, these delightful tangents we go off on!

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  18:22:57  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Donohue
Steven, since you come here often, and you have chanelled Khelben on more than one occasion, could you ask Khelben to enlighten us in regards to the Moonstars and some of the reasons he founded them for all those of us unlucky souls who have not been able to get there hands on Cloak and Dagger?

I think most of what I had to say on that topic was discussed at length over in the FUTURE FR NOVELS folder, with perhaps a digression or two dropped into the discussion at Ed's folder as well.

Nutshell version for the split: You aren't doing things the way I want/need them to be done, so I'm taking my personal agents/allies and doing what needs doing. (And while Khelben's done this for scores of years within the Harpers' ranks, there's some unrevealed reasons why he's had to make a public split from them (and the Lords of Waterdeep).)

And no, Bran Skorlsun doesn't know that. He and Khelben have never quite seen eye-to-eye for reasons that the Lady Cunningham alone knows...

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  18:31:01  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message
quote:

quote:
I just reread DREAM SPHERES. . .

Glad you enjoyed the book, even if it is an extreme example of the "shrubbiness" that sometimes afflicts my work -- lots of stuff going on, many subplots, and so on. As a game designer, you no doubt have an appreciation for the impulse to shove loads of details into a confined page count.

I suppose I can't very well pull a Schultz here ("I know NOTH-ink!"), can I? Guilty as charged, though I think my worst case for over-writing (and thus micro-type at 8.75/9.5 type) was EMPIRES OF THE SHINING SEA, though the DUNGEON CRAWL modules made it close as well.

Steven
Who can't wait to see if the Waterdeep novel will have another rooftop chase.

PS: To explain that, my amazement and respect for Elaine first came when I was reading ELFSHADOW while working on the CITY OF SPLENDORS boxed set. The fact that you can follow a certain chase sequence accurately on the Waterdeep map astounded me to no end, given how few authors at that time bothered to read (let alone adhere to) the game source material. Now if only we could get a longer peek inside Castle Waterdeep.....

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  18:57:00  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Of course, if Arilyn handed Elaine a single gp, I'm sure that would pay for a good amount of their shopping -- not to mention the lattes! -- once the coin was exchanged for dollars.

Actually, 1gp is about equal to $10 US. That is, if you compare similar items, such as food. Other items can be made more cheaply, but if you use food as a base, the exchange rate looks good. Or, anyway, close enough for you to get an idea.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  19:16:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Of course, if Arilyn handed Elaine a single gp, I'm sure that would pay for a good amount of their shopping -- not to mention the lattes! -- once the coin was exchanged for dollars.

Actually, 1gp is about equal to $10 US. That is, if you compare similar items, such as food. Other items can be made more cheaply, but if you use food as a base, the exchange rate looks good. Or, anyway, close enough for you to get an idea.

Actually, I was thinking that Lady Cunningham could sell the gold piece for its weight and value -- not an equivalent amount of goods or services. After all, what's the going rate on gold these days?

Go to Top of Page

BobROE
Learned Scribe

Canada
106 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  20:39:28  Show Profile  Visit BobROE's Homepage Send BobROE a Private Message
quote:

I suppose I can't very well pull a Schultz here ("I know NOTH-ink!"), can I? Guilty as charged, though I think my worst case for over-writing (and thus micro-type at 8.75/9.5 type) was EMPIRES OF THE SHINING SEA, though the DUNGEON CRAWL modules made it close as well.

I consider EotSS and LoI to be some of the best stuff released for the forgotten realms, so microtype is fine with me

quote:

PS: To explain that, my amazement and respect for Elaine first came when I was reading ELFSHADOW while working on the CITY OF SPLENDORS boxed set. The fact that you can follow a certain chase sequence accurately on the Waterdeep map astounded me to no end, given how few authors at that time bothered to read (let alone adhere to) the game source material. Now if only we could get a longer peek inside Castle Waterdeep.....

Now I'm going to have to go and find the section and check that out.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  22:10:19  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by BobROE

quote:

...I was reading ELFSHADOW while working on the CITY OF SPLENDORS boxed set. The fact that you can follow a certain chase sequence accurately on the Waterdeep map astounded me to no end,

Now I'm going to have to go and find the section and check that out.

I can save you a bit of time. The scene is actually in Elfsong, not Elfshadow, and it can be found on pages 280-281 of the Swords & Swords reprint. It's a short sequence, and it goes by quickly, but it's the sort of thing that takes a while to write. Lots of reference to maps, checking to see if an elf with Elaith's dexterity could make certain jumpts, and so on. I didn't think anyone would actually take out maps and follow Elaith's progress, but then, I didn't think anyone would realize that the spellsong was composed to scan to the tune of "L'homme arme" (very popular medieval melody.) There's always someone who will appreciate the extra layers, which balances out that other truth: there's always someone who will catch your every mistake!

When you're dealing with "historical novels" -- which is what I consider the Realms books to be -- getting the details wrong can throw people right out of the story. Not long ago I picked up a historical novel about Mary Queen of Scots. I opened it to a page depicting a scene between her and her husband, Henry Lord Darnley. He was playing the lute and singing, "The Bonny Earl of Moray." At that point in time, the song did not exist. It was composed about thirty years later. Historical novelists simply can't afford to make too many mistakes like that, not if they wish to earn the respect of a knowledgeable audience. And the Realms audience is certainly that.

Elfsong was a lot of fun, but I went a bit overboard on the research and background. I went through probably twenty books on riddles (history of riddling, as well as collections) to develop a tone for Vartain the Riddlemaster. And the singing sword's little ditty is actually a fully composed piece of music. I scored it for harp, viol da gamba, hand drum (preferably a bodhran), and obligato instrument (flute, low whistle, recorder, what-have-you.) Since I'm playing Celtic harp these days, I recently took a stab at rearranging it for harp and solo voice, just for my own amusement. I don't know whether or not an active involvement in "bardcraft" comes though to the page, but it makes the writing process more fun.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 02 Apr 2004 22:15:15
Go to Top of Page

BobROE
Learned Scribe

Canada
106 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  22:22:31  Show Profile  Visit BobROE's Homepage Send BobROE a Private Message
quote:

I can save you a bit of time. The scene is actually in Elfsong, not Elfshadow, and it can be found on pages 280-281 of the Swords & Swords reprint. It's a short sequence, and it goes by quickly, but it's the sort of thing that takes a while to write. Lots of reference to maps, checking to see if an elf with Elaith's dexterity could make certain jumpts, and so on. I didn't think anyone would actually take out maps and follow Elaith's progress, but then, I didn't think anyone would realize that the spellsong was composed to scan to the tune of "L'homme arme" (very popular medieval melody.) There's always someone who will appreciate the extra layers, which balances out that other truth: there's always someone who will catch your every mistake! [/br]

For those who have the original harpers series printing, should it be around the same page?
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2004 :  00:24:03  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
Elaine, would you happen to know what's Bran's (not sure if it is Bram, I always get mixed up) views are in regards to Khelben creating the Moonstars?

1. Would Bardic Colleges have outdoor amphitheatres (a la Greeks) or indoor ones?

2. How would a Bardic College differ in what it teaches from what the Clerics of Milil would do?

3. What would be typical types of classes offered in a Bardic College in the Realms?

4. Would a particular Bardic College be specialized in the form of training, much as either theatrical or musical in nature?

5. Would Bardic Colleges of the Realms resemble our own medieval history in terms of who could be admitted and how?

6. In regards to reputation, how would one graduate to various levels, and how would one College be considered the pinnacle over another College?

7. How would Elven instruction differ in mindset and messure of teaching as opposed to other races of Faerun, especially humans? After all I think you hinted in Elfsong, how Spellsong is a very unique talent, that is comes from within the heart, but curious as to how one is more powerful in its mastery than the other?
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2004 :  01:07:23  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
Here's a quick few Questions...

1)If it was possible for you to guide your characters (any of the main characters you use) through a short (A week to a month) stay in our world, what would you want to show them? What do you think they would want to know about our world?

2)If you could share any music, from old pieces to modern music, with Danilo...what would they be?

Thanks.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2004 :  06:53:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm

2)If you could share any music, from old pieces to modern music, with Danilo...what would they be?

I can see Danilo taking particular delight in groups/artists like Weird Al, the Barenaked Ladies, and Da Vinci's Notebook...

I'm not saying that that would be all he liked, but I imagine he would particularly appreciate them.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000