Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Playing with strange characters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  15:50:06  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I once played a drug addicted bard and ý was a renegade nobel. ý had 2 female companions. they were female fighters. After a few games I saw that they were actualy lesbians and they were quite obscene sometimes. But in a time one of them killed the other because of jealousy then killed herself drinking poison. The strange thing after the game ended with this tragedy these two girls never talked to each other.For me it was very entertainin to search for some magical herb and write some poems to other women( no I wasn't a gay character)

Did anyone play these kind of games or are we just weird?

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  16:27:15  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries Nocturno, you are just weird . It kind of reminds me of a messed of Rome and Juliette, you know with the whole gutting of one person and psn of the next.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  23:51:31  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salabasha

No worries Nocturno, you are just weird . It kind of reminds me of a messed of Rome and Juliette, you know with the whole gutting of one person and psn of the next.

thank u for me to say that if ý need. ý just say ain't anyone had any experience of diffrent charachtes or are they just affraid of
Oghma knows all and he will tell all of his bards to be influenced
ý cannot believe that you haven't play an extravangart charachter.ý have many male friend who play the charachter of a female drow

Edited by - Nocturno on 30 Jul 2003 23:59:53
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  00:07:08  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
O there have been some... crazed occurences, but if they are lesbians and they love each other, why would one kill the other of jealousy?

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Malarus
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  00:22:21  Show Profile  Visit Malarus's Homepage Send Malarus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, since Oghma has been mentioned I think that I will step in.

1) Nocturno, I am sure that everyone has had weird experiences or games not all of them, although maybe some of them, having to do with lesbians killing each other. Nonetheless, all campaigns of the sort are to have weird things happen in them, hence the fact that they are fantasy, to a certain degree. I mean what kind of game would it be if nothing abnormal occurred? Boring!

2) Salabasha, even though the tale he tells is "weird", I am sure that everyone, even you, have had some strange things happen when playing a game. Nocturno himself isn't weird just because the game he was playing had a different tale.

Priest of the Temple of Oghma.
Go to Top of Page

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  00:41:03  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
they killed each other in a circumstance that I couldn't heve understood. wont an evil charACHTER KÝLL THE PERSON HE OR SHE LOVES ý belive she did too and she couldnt live with her lose so she killed herself

Edited by - Nocturno on 31 Jul 2003 00:42:31
Go to Top of Page

Malarus
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  00:55:30  Show Profile  Visit Malarus's Homepage Send Malarus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, so she killed the one she loved and then killed herself. Sadly, this has occurred before, undoubtable that in the fantasy realm and that of the real world. Let us state no more of this topic before people get the wrong impressions in mind.

Edited by - Malarus on 31 Jul 2003 00:56:20
Go to Top of Page

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  01:03:20  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malarus

Alright, so she killed the one she loved and then killed herself. Sadly, this has occurred before, undoubtable that in the fantasy realm and that of the real world. Let us state no more of this topic before people get the wrong impressions in mind.

so do you suggest that there is no lesbian or gay in realms if everybody aggrees this homo thing,there will be deseggragation among other people
Go to Top of Page

Malarus
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  01:10:57  Show Profile  Visit Malarus's Homepage Send Malarus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did I suggest that? No. For all I know there could very well be. As you have proven from your tale at the top of this page, there indeed is. I care not, as long as they enjoy playing the game and don't kill themselves .

Go to Top of Page

Nocturno
Acolyte

25 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  01:15:14  Show Profile  Visit Nocturno's Homepage Send Nocturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Malarus

Did I suggest that? No. For all I know there could very well be. As you have proven from your tale at the top of this page, there indeed is. I care not, as long as they enjoy playing the game and don't kill themselves .

ý sure did misunderstood you did you encounter with strange pc s or npc s?
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  21:55:49  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have DMed a game which all of the characters were level 10
one was a barbarian Minotaur, A thrikeen (spelling) Monk, another a human assassin (doesn't sound to weird), and a goblin psycic warrior.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2003 :  04:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's an odd party:
Ghost cleric, vampire druid, anthromorphic African elephant fighter, fey'ri rogue, illithid sorcerer, thri-kreen fighter.
Trafaldi: thri-kreen and psychic warrior.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2003 :  08:27:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My latest 'two-week' planes campaign players have just drawn up their own PC's. The party consists of 4 characters - a yugoloth (Arcanaloth), a draconian (modified from DL), a Kaorti (FF), and a member of the Mechalus race (converted to D&D stats).

Interesting no?.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2003 :  15:42:47  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have planned on making a sahuagin character and do the waveservant prestiege class if possible. But my friend, in one of our campaigns, has a halfling insectile creature.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  05:44:51  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Feanor, you seem to be repeating yourself. Either that, or there's an echo in here . . . .

I suppose I have a strange character now. He's a guy from Earth. Yup. Real-world kind of Earth. Well, 'cept for the fact that D&D was never invented there. He gets caught in a freak electrical storm -- which is the end point of a storm of magic that is accidentally tapped by an epic-level wizard/archmage in Faerun. The mage is vaporized, leaving some magical items behind (low-level, though; this has to be 'bought' with a 9th-level character's allowance), and my character wakes up in a world where everything's really strange. Luckily, he's got his rapier (he was at an SCA gathering) and his wits, some stuff in his backpack, and a touch of magic -- he absorbed some of the mage's power and knowledge.

The character (Jack Archer) is a customized four-level fighter with five levels of wizard. I say customized because he never learned any armor proficiencies. Instead, he has the feats Dodge, Sidestep, Expertise, and Single Weapon Style to replace the automatic Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor, and Shield feats. He's focused on fencing instead of any other weapons, so the character trades in some weapon penalties for Weapon Focus (rapier).

As for the five levels of wizard, it's only a small portion of the archmage's power, but it's really sudden to this guy. Of course, Jack has always had the raw ability; it's just that on Earth, magic is really hard to do. It's everywhere, and it's richer than on Toril -- it's just so hard to actually tap into it. Jack has always felt a little something, but since he's not a sorcerer, he wasn't able to find the patterns. He didn't even know it actually existed; he thought he was just imagining it. So he catches on kind of quick, using the few memorized spells he recieved in the transfer to fight off the archmage's apprentice (wizard 6), who thinks he killed the archmage.

He also finds out two interesting things about his magic; first, unless he specifically wants them to be normal, a lot of the spells he memorizes come out as electrical. (Energy Substitution: Electricity.) He figures this was because of the electrical surge when he got 'transfered.' He also finds that spells that would normally be touch spells can be channeled into his rapier with a little extra effort. (Imbue Weapon.) This is because he focused on his sabre training (he prefers sabre to foil or epee) and based his life around it.

I'm sure I've got some people howling at this point. I know my brother hates these kinds of things; never the twain should meet, in his opinion. There's a specific reason I made this character, though.

Through him, I can visuallize the world of the Forgotten Realms in a completely different way. He's like Peter Dickens (of the animated movie Flight of Dragons); he has to understand the causes of things. In that movie, Peter is a scientist/fantasy nut, who has been thrown back in time and turned into a dragon by accident. At several points, he stops and figures out the causes of things. Like the reason for a dragon's need of gold (it's soft but doesn't get burned, so it serves as bedding), or how they produce fire (limestone is ground in a second 'stomach' which mixes with acid, producing a hydrogen byproduct, which can be expelled through the mouth and ignited by a part of a dragon's mouth that produces electricity).

My character is going to be the ultimate outsider, in the sense that he's completely new to this world. And since he's able to work magic here, he can explore that world too. There are many things that characters take for granted (and players and DMs don't think of) because they're fundemental to their lives. Magic is one. Another might be the existance of so many intelligent species, many of which are humanoid. He's going to be asking questions about everything.

Oh, and this isn't a new concept for me. I've done this with other fan fictions as well. Most notable was my Star Trek: Voyager fanfic, where a similar character pokes his nose into every aspect of the story. (I actually managed to come up with a plausible explanation for why they can afford to have so many windows in the hull, and why every Starfleet ship looks like it's streamlined for atmospheric flight.)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  15:15:58  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I apologize for the repeat, I am using a school computer with a slow connection.

Has anyone ever played a lycanthrope character, my friend played as one and they're one of the superior races, they get to be fairly powerful.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  15:45:02  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Concerning lycanthropes, I need information like stats charts and stuff like that for a werepanda race. They don't have them in the races of Faerun book and I thought it would be interesting.

-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  16:54:01  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ware panda is very cool. Girls will like it but ý dont know what kind of abilities this can offer. char and climb bonus maybe. but lythari is the coolest ý think. elven warewolf they can be summarized. but they are not hairy and they are chaotic good.
For strange characters ý can say polymorped psionic fighter. he was polimorphed to a parrot permanantly. he can talk but strange. he can be the wise advisor of a sailor. Strange enough?

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  21:52:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's strange enough. Actually, I rather like the idea of such a character . . . . Hmm.

::starts scribbling on a spare piece of parchment::

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

elven_songstress
Learned Scribe

126 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  23:11:41  Show Profile  Visit elven_songstress's Homepage Send elven_songstress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think we all have had some pretty wild times, My bard character had a scroll of reincarnation (no she wasn't just a bard. :)) and we lost or Paladin, so she choose to offer him the chance to come back by being reincarnated.

I critically susceeded that roll.

And thus Sir Issac J Crane returned to us, as Sir Issac J Crane the squirrel.

There is nothing like being repreminded by a squrriel telling you you've done something bad.

Larue~

We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes,but its beauty can burnin our hearts eternally."
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  23:46:18  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elven_songstress

I think we all have had some pretty wild times, My bard character had a scroll of reincarnation (no she wasn't just a bard. :)) and we lost or Paladin, so she choose to offer him the chance to come back by being reincarnated.

I critically susceeded that roll.

And thus Sir Issac J Crane returned to us, as Sir Issac J Crane the squirrel.

There is nothing like being repreminded by a squrriel telling you you've done something bad.

Larue~

That's kinda sad, you know. I would keep that kind of honorable till I die and fed him with blessed nuts. But I don't think he can survive to much cause many unfair business are done in the wild life. He could challange a lion tyrant that kills innocent antilops.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

elven_songstress
Learned Scribe

126 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  02:44:14  Show Profile  Visit elven_songstress's Homepage Send elven_songstress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually he became a well loved character among our group, we traveled with the Companions of the Halls and he was often seen early a morning talking to Drizzt telling him that he deserved to be one the surface as much as anyone else, rather un nerveing in a way, especially when he can fit in small places and know when you've been bad.

*lol*

Larue my character and name sake, often carried him in her side pouch, he saved her life with a laying of paws so she loved him despite the fact that he was a squirrel,that wily paladin found a Kercpa mate and settled down to raise divine squirrelings.

We had some interesting times, I still have happy thoughts about that game, it was a second edition game that went to 3rd.

~Elven Songstress~ Larue

We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes,but its beauty can burnin our hearts eternally."
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  06:46:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That must have been a fun character to roleplay . . . . A paladin squirrel. What happened to him in game terms, though? (Besides, of course, the obvious Str and Con decreases.)

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  09:19:11  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was he able to speak or was there anyway to communicate with him?
And I wonder if there is a wat to restore that kind of incarnated charcters' former form or some other.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  15:32:05  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably by a wish . . . maybe. I'm not sure, since I don't have my books with me at the moment. But I remember that it would take two wishes to replicate a true ressurection, one to recreate the body, one to actually bring it back to life.

Go to Top of Page

elven_songstress
Learned Scribe

126 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  19:41:59  Show Profile  Visit elven_songstress's Homepage Send elven_songstress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What happened to him in the ways of Stats.

Our Dm was being considerate and gave him the stats of a Kercpa, he would up with a 20 Dex and a 6 Str but he had a 20 Wis and was pretty good still in a fight with his agileness and abilitys, it was all rather amuseing, his holy sword shrunk to fit him as in Second edition thats how magic items went, he was the only squirrl I knew with +5 Plate mail of brilliance.

Prehaps if I get the players premission I will post his Stats here for you all to take a look at, over under adventure journal of course.

As to weither or not he could speak to us, Well it always came out chittery and if he was in a hurry it was hard to understand him, he grew up speaking common but his common became broken, he was an ace at sylvan though, as a meister singer I had a ring of speak with animals on so it was likely a good thing he stuck with me I often translated for him.

In second edition it would take two wishes Bookwyrm is of course correcct, to restore him as his human self and then to restore his life as it was.

In thrid edition it would take Greater Restoration I believe.

Larue ~elven songstress~

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  01:45:35  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two wishes its nearlt impolible. If he speks as in your campaing it is different to play that char(and amazing if there is a good dm).
But if you want to see him again like he was before, it is nearly imposible 2 correct wishs. But a god can interfere and he can return to his normal form as an immortal. maybe you can marry with him next campaingn aerie(sorry elven_songsterss)

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  04:59:09  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So far I think the Squirrel Paladin is the best strange character story.That may be hard to top.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  15:03:03  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sunstar how did you do that? Double posts with different times
and the last post should have been the first time wise??
Anyone got an aspirin?

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  17:54:18  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey I editted my post. This place needs some repair or my computer. Silly me I never do any thing right.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  05:32:45  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jander Sunstar

Hey I editted my post. This place needs some repair or my computer. Silly me I never do any thing right.

No, you quoted it. The buttons look similar when you're in a hurry; I've made the mistake myself.

quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

So far I think the Squirrel Paladin is the best strange character story.That may be hard to top.

You said it, William. It would be interesting to play a character like that, as well. I wonder . . . I ought to put that sort of thing down for the next time I join a game with a character of a level higher than five or so . . . .

Songstress, there's a "Census Chamber" in the main library where you can put it up as well.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000