Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Most Heroic act your character had done.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Magus Rages
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2006 :  11:49:22  Show Profile  Visit Magus Rages's Homepage Send Magus Rages a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings, well, would the FR experienced members here share what is the most heroic act/deed your character had done(don't be shy to say so) and the heroic act deed can be what you believed to very heroic.

An example would be about Khelben:

quote:
Khelben is the Half-Elf son of the Elf Arun and since by tradition an Elf (and in this case Half-Elf) had to earn his name, Khelben was in a long time known only as Arun's Son. But after a particular violent battle during The Fall in which The Nameless Chosen, as he was also known, slew more than 600 mezzoloths, goblins, gnolls, ogres and other creatures. He was gravely wounded and only by the grace of Mystra did he survive. But being teleported to Silverymoon by the Highmage of Silverymoon - Ecamane Truesilver - for healing, The Nameless Chosen lay like one dead for more than the next year though Mystra spoke to those who tended him, calling him "he whom magic, duty and honor defines." His elf nurse, who heard this in her own tongue, gave him the name Akhelben; upon his awakening, the Nameless Chosen, once called Arun's Son was introduced to the new High Mage Aglanthol as Khelben Arunsun.

That Khelben slew more than 600 mezzoloths, goblins, gnolls, ogres and other creatures was simply a very heroic and eye-opener deed.

So what's yours?

Aielwyn
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  22:46:25  Show Profile  Visit Aielwyn's Homepage Send Aielwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Ranger/Divine Agent character spent the better part of three years of game time searching for his best friend (our party's Cleric), while the other PC's just kind of went about their business.

Nothing too terribly heroic, but to have lost ones closest friend to the pits of the Abyss, then going to that wretched place to bring him back was..a unique experience.
Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  16:47:12  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goblins had been terrorizing the area so much that our band of heroes decided to go and clean them out...after all they were 'just' goblins.

two days later, both clerics, one of the wizards, two rangers and a fighter were dead and in stew pots. My character the ranger, Emillio Costas, was recovering in a local village while the rest of the party went to see if they could do some small scale ambushes rather than walk right into the main cave full of booby traps and a powerful shaman.

Emillio in his drugged healing sleep was awakened by the sound of goblin worg riders, staggering up from his sick bed he pulled out his bow and dragged himself to the watch tower. From there he fired arrow after arrow into the oncoming goblins. Even after the goblins had set the tower on fire, he continued to loose arrows into them until his quiver was empty.

Sliding down on the rope in the tower, he then engaged the goblins with his sword for several minutes, saving a dozen people in the process. But fell when he was speared from behind by one of the goblin riders.

Emillio woke being tended by one of the villagers two days later. He was told he had killed so many that a third of the goblins broke in fear, and even the goblin leader was unable to rally them, so they fled shortly after Emillio fell.

Emillio fought with every fiber of his being to save the poeple of the village and was successful. Over the course of the next six months the party slowly drove the goblins back underground, and with the aid of another adventuring party, they slew the shaman, ridding the area of goblin menace for another couple decades.

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!

Edited by - Fletcher on 20 Apr 2006 16:53:50
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2006 :  10:46:48  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back in the day of ye olde D&D, some 15 years ago or even longer...

My norseman fighter/paladin encountered an iron golem who protected his wizard master, who was terrorizing a couple of villages.

Being the noble fool that he was he drew his warhammer, shouted a prayer to his god, Thor, and attacked. The battle was a long and kinda/sorta one-sided bloody one. Many, long minutes Valgard (the char's name) pounded the golem, and got pounded in return, while the wizard watched and laughed.

Until the golem toppled and went down, and a limping, bloodied Valgard straightened himself and glared at the golem's master.

Compared to the battle with the golem, the wizard went down quickly, with Valgard barely clinging to life.

In game terms it sounds rather insane, but we were playing over the top heroic back then. Valgard was lvl 11, grand master with his hammer and the weapon was a +3 or +4, if I remember correctly. The old D&D rules allowed for one to actually transfer STR points into damage for taking a penalty to attack, the same amount of what you wanted to dish out in additional damage. I took the insane risk of subtracting 10 from each and every attack roll to gain a +10 to damage, otherwise I would not have been able to dance with the golem at all... it was a calculated risk, since I still could hit the mob 1/3 of the time.

I must admit the DM was also more than pro-player/-story, a trait which I have since made my own.

Valgard was also that type of fighter/paladin who had absolutely NO sense of magical tactics. Before the elf or wizard of the group could throw a fireball he had already thrown himself into the fray, shouting "Thor!"... but he got the job done, usually without losing a limb or his dignity, and without singed hair...

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Icewolf
Learned Scribe

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2006 :  01:52:55  Show Profile  Visit Icewolf's Homepage Send Icewolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a campaign I play in, a dracolich has been in control of a continent for millenia. He has kept his territory thanks to his massive army of undead. Every living inhabitant of that land had been killed and risen. Millions of them.

Our party had decided to do something about it. Needless to say, we were in over our heads. We split for a year to prepare, and my character researched 2 epic spells without telling the others.

1 was super powered version of petrify, and the other was a contingent Epic Shatter spell.

When we were finally about to buy it, my character opened a gate under the other characters, dropping them into the celestial plane, and started casting the spell to petrify. One of the necromancers leading the undead disjunctioned the amulet that protected him from lotsa nasty things (including being turned to stone.)

My character finished casting anyway, and the DM was slackjawed. Because I turned myself and everything within a couple miles to stone, and then my Shatter went off, destroying all the shiny new statues.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  21:01:57  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A character who I DMed was in Zhentil Keep once and the Tarrasque was rampaging down towards it and he climbed a tower at the edge of the city and dove onto or into it (I don't remember which)....pretty stupid....uh I mean heroic :)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  21:19:20  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The rare times I am not DMing and a player I usually become some sort of NG heroic show boat that usually sacrifices himself for some grand cause

The first that pops into my head was waaaaaaay long ago when we were playing the original Pools of Radiance module, at the end when confronting Tyrantharix (sp?) in the Bronze Dragon, to save the party my character Kalin (the original Kalin that has been remade through 3 different AD&D epochs and is now known as the infamous Kalin to my current group of players) leapt into the dragons mouth as he placed the party’s portable hole into his bag of holding and thus (with no save the DM deemed) The Great Possessor was banished into the Astral Plane as was Kalin...but that is another story

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000