Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Playing with strange characters

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nocturno Posted - 30 Jul 2003 : 15:50:06
I once played a drug addicted bard and ý was a renegade nobel. ý had 2 female companions. they were female fighters. After a few games I saw that they were actualy lesbians and they were quite obscene sometimes. But in a time one of them killed the other because of jealousy then killed herself drinking poison. The strange thing after the game ended with this tragedy these two girls never talked to each other.For me it was very entertainin to search for some magical herb and write some poems to other women( no I wasn't a gay character)

Did anyone play these kind of games or are we just weird?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kalin Agrivar Posted - 17 Aug 2006 : 21:21:25
it's not that Realms-ian but...

I once played twin Kender, a boy and girl, both rogues...just to prove a point to a DM that kender were a broken race and why I nevr allow a PC I am DMing to play a kender

Alisttair Posted - 17 Aug 2006 : 20:59:32
I once played a Bard character who wrote poems about things that happened in the game. Sometimes it was catchy and sometimes it just didn't make any sense at all, simply an excuse to have it rhyme.
Von Seossk Posted - 28 Jul 2006 : 02:34:55
The most annoying characters I've ever had in a campaign were two close friends who ended up playing twin dromites psions. My god...it was like DMing Chip and Dale. They spoke in high pitched voice, finished each other sentences, had multiple catch phrases, and basically ran amok. They would smell everything that came across and tried to commit it to memory, making in the process half of Waterdeep into members of their extended family. The strangest thing I've ever played was a nasty lizardfolk who had a penchant for biting enemies in half, particullary goblins. We had a paladin in the party who already tested me with Detect Evil, didn't find anything (I was CN), and he saw me grapple and bite a goblin in half, and I was labeled "Demon" for the remainder of the campaign.
The Sage Posted - 16 Dec 2003 : 05:42:47
Hmm...

I've convinced the player in question to switch PC races, at least for the time being. She's now using a Tiefling instead - the alignment balance issues are easier to deal with...

Jander Sunstar Posted - 15 Dec 2003 : 16:33:03
As any evil character in a good alg party but although fey'ris are usually cha/evil, other alg can be possible. A chaotic neutral sorcerer or multiclassed rouge Fey'ri can be a nice genuine char
I like marginal char in my campaings and I tend to play as marginal as I can when I m a player
The Sage Posted - 15 Dec 2003 : 02:43:05
Hmm...

I think allowing a Fey'ri into a party that comprises (mostly) of Paladins and Lawful Clerics maybe a little unbalancing, or at least difficult to roleplay...I'll have to rethink strategies for this campaign.

Thanks Jander...

Jander Sunstar Posted - 14 Dec 2003 : 21:47:26
Sage the most important problem was her neverending evil schemes.
Since she looked like a beautiful gold elf maiden, she wasn't attracting too much attention. However she killed a group member in the very first game and She heven't liked elves, that sometimes troubled the party and she convinced a mage in the party (wielder of shadow wieve),he wasn't apparently strong enough, to summon a demon and after the unfortunate death of the mage she and the demon made a pact of some sort. Till the heroic party discovered her true nature and schemes she fled and continued the game as a npc for a while.the others killed the demon and show went on.
Her attitudes were like Elaith's, but she was less loyal to her word.
I m not a master dm thus I cannot know how approprate her role play was for a fey'ri but I was annoyed with the arguments between the group members whining about how they didin't trust each other.But I liked the intrigue and suspision in the party
The Sage Posted - 13 Dec 2003 : 06:12:53
Hmm...in my upcoming 'Ruins of Delhumide' adventure, a player in my group has chosen to use a Fey'ri as her chosen PC race. Since I've never had this race used in my games before I would appreciate some input on how well it worked, and whether there where any problems?.

Can you tell me about it Jander?.

Jander Sunstar Posted - 13 Dec 2003 : 00:01:30
In my previous game a player was a a fey'ri fighter sorcerer with neu/evil alg she was playing very well.
The group rescuqed her from drow in underdark when they were 8th level after that the cleric in the group he was a mage/cleric(1st level cleirc) secretly worshiping shar created a very good alignence with her
It was a very amazing game,I sometimes even found my self in trouble becouse of unexpected events which they caused
eilinel Posted - 12 Dec 2003 : 13:10:26
did anyone play an intelligent beast?
i would like to listen to the resuling feelings...
eilinel Posted - 12 Dec 2003 : 13:06:42
indeed, there is a drow monk order, followers of Lolth. there is two lines about them in Dark Lords book, but nothing more, i think.
they say they are pretty much faired by others, since they don't have any relation with merchant families and totally under the control of the only Lolth.
don't remember anything else about them.

but its true that the concept is quite interesting and even exciting, so to speak.
Lolth slayer Posted - 10 Dec 2003 : 16:39:27
I'm sure there's mention in one of my dusty old 3e tomes of an elite school of drow monks who serve Lolth. (can't remember for the life of me which one it is!)

I think the concept of a drow monk is a very frightening one indeed.

If i can find it I'll post it back here.
Jander Sunstar Posted - 03 Nov 2003 : 11:03:24
I heve never heard a drow monk before. How can a drow be trained as a monk in Underdark especialy in a drow city.Does new eddition of Underdark have schools that trains monk in their cities? If there are not how can a drow be trained as a monk? What is the chance of a drow to be born on the surface? Maybe some adventurers would earn respect in drow society teachs lads but this would be unique I
think. Maybe a drow who was on surface for some reason for a longtime returns a drow city after he gains a few levels of monk, he could train as well. No levels of fighter means that he never learned anything about fighting with swords, that fella cannot survive in underdark alone so he cannot escape drow city alone. Yes he can escape with a monk prisoner rescued by his fellow friends and maybe monk takes the lad hostage to retrieve a lost artifact they are seeking, then he can despise the system of drow society. That made sense they leave underdark, drow learns how to be a monk but if there are mages and fighters in the group he tend to learn those but if party only has monks that would work but why are they departed the drows seeking the kid find them on surface and decide not to negotiate. Our fellow drow escapes from both brutal drows he hated and his captives. Why a monk teaches a drow lad? Maybe he insisted a lot and learned more than expected and monk start to like him.Everything is possible yeah.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 03 Nov 2003 : 04:41:24
I guess being a monk is different for a drow, but maybe I don't think of it as strange because I have heard of it before.I haven't used it myself but know of others doing so.
SanguineDefect Posted - 03 Nov 2003 : 04:29:03
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

I guess,mostly I was at least looking for what made your character strange,for the most part he seems normal so far.

I guess he does...it's just the class that makes him strange to me...meh
William of Waterdeep Posted - 03 Nov 2003 : 04:27:08
I guess,mostly I was at least looking for what made your character strange,for the most part he seems normal so far.
SanguineDefect Posted - 03 Nov 2003 : 03:43:43
Sadly enough the character stats are not allowed to be in the possession of the players (for reasons that have not been explained to me as of yet), but in the possession of the dm. Since I do not have the stats accurately memorized, I don't think I'm at liberty to do my character justice in rattling off his stats.

But I can give his first name (house name and surname still undecided), which is "Bayne", an exotic form of the word "Bane". Yes, yes, a bit n00by, but again that is to be expected from a n00b, right? Anyhow, I could give you the stats I know, though I do not know any of my modifiers. Also, my history is a little vague, but I do know this for certain: I was in a raiding party when I first encountered the surface world, and was taken capture...I was sold into slavery until freed by a group of kindhearted monks (who were much more powerful than I,{no it was not Cuthbert!} and taught me their ways, therefore I chose to become a monk. I do not know much of the history because I rushed into this game headfirst (Now where's the fun in not building the history) but oh well, eh?
William of Waterdeep Posted - 03 Nov 2003 : 03:19:55
quote:
Originally posted by SanguineDefect

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Yes, it is.(speaking on the Sage's behalf here.)

Ok then...
For what kind of details/specifics would he be looking?

Give us some stats and history,anything else you want to add or tell us that you feel is unique.

Arivia Posted - 03 Nov 2003 : 03:06:02
Well, what would you be willing to give?
SanguineDefect Posted - 03 Nov 2003 : 03:02:33
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Ok then...
For what kind of details/specifics would he be looking?
Arivia Posted - 03 Nov 2003 : 02:46:52
SanguineDefect Posted - 03 Nov 2003 : 02:41:13
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

In some instances. Perhaps you could provide us with more detail?.

I'm sorry, was this in response to my writing in this scroll?
William of Waterdeep Posted - 02 Nov 2003 : 18:08:57
I agree with Sage,give us some specifics.
The Sage Posted - 02 Nov 2003 : 13:28:10
In some instances. Perhaps you could provide us with more detail?.

SanguineDefect Posted - 02 Nov 2003 : 12:11:36
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

My latest 'two-week' planes campaign players have just drawn up their own PC's. The party consists of 4 characters - a yugoloth (Arcanaloth), a draconian (modified from DL), a Kaorti (FF), and a member of the Mechalus race (converted to D&D stats).

Interesting no?.

My character isn't that weird but I'll give it a go anywho.
It is a drow monk of lawful evil...
now you may say "How is that weird in the slightest?"
Well...Drow usually despise melee combat, do they not?
Jander Sunstar Posted - 15 Oct 2003 : 23:32:52
Did u have any strange human characters or what comes into mind that seem enaugh strange?
The Cardinal Posted - 15 Oct 2003 : 17:43:41
You needn't worry your precious little head about it.. Most of the party is currently doing umm 'time' as it was, in the abyss.. Appearently we ruined a rather sweet soul exchange that one marilith was looking forward to doing... That's fine by us... we atleast fit in... plus it keeps the several metallic dragons we angered from finding us.... As for the DM with the exception of myself, the party has VERY good luck when it comes to rolls... bad luck in decisions... after all your supposed to USE oil of etherealness not drink it...... he when ethereal from the inside out.... and had a nasty case of the ethereal squirts
elven_songstress Posted - 15 Oct 2003 : 10:06:22
*lol* I don't mind I wasn't intending on marrying the squirrel paladin I have my eyes set on a better mate, one thats an elf. ^_~

But about eatting the squirrel I don't know he's a pretty scary little fellow, He has a bad habit of surviveing even when the DM got on his lets see what happens if we do this...kick.

I can honestly say that I would be appalled if you at my squirrel friend! lol.

I may lock myself up in Mithril Hall and never see the light of day, of course there are sooo many dwarves in there...@_@

Never mind, I think somewhere in the north in an Igloo, though no matter where I run adventure finds me.

I can't even eat dinner with out having trouble,or die but thats another story for another time.

Something about Get up get up your jobs not yet done.

Trafaldi Posted - 15 Oct 2003 : 03:58:01
Sounds like you need to DM a game and show them what way the game needs to go.
The Cardinal Posted - 15 Oct 2003 : 03:17:31
You people are SSSSOOOOOO lucky and you don't even realize it... You seem to have fun and good games... My gaming group while fun is well... The DM thought it fit that we be banned from several towns in the campaign world. Two of us have bounties on our heads, You learn to only count on aid from the others if you have something suitable to trade in exchange for services (I.E. Killing a monster, saving one's butt, back-up when one of the many inner party fights break out, etc). I've been stabbed, drown, chased, bludgeoned and burned.. oh, and thrown against a ceiling... all this from my party no less... That squrrel you mentioned, I agree, GREAT gaming idea, Awesome character playing... but alas in my such group... he'd be dinner... Or atlease a midday snack... Buncha sodding mercs...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000