Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Kaanyr Vhok: Location of Northpeak
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MathiasSymbaern
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2008 :  06:52:20  Show Profile  Visit MathiasSymbaern's Homepage Send MathiasSymbaern a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have Lost Empires of Faerun. It states the Scoured Legions are currently in Northpeak which is northwest of the High Gap. I have narrowed this down to one of the spurs of the Grey Peak Mountains and suspect it must be the one closest to the Shining Falls. Can someone tell me, or show me a map, that has the level of detail I need to pin this down? The maps of The North in the map room of this web site is excellent but neither marks The High Gap or Northpeak.

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2008 :  21:02:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First off, they have moved, and last I heard they were under the High Forest, somewhere in or around Araumycos. Thats from the War of the Spider Queen series. However, I heard they have moved again, I think in the Empyrean Odiocy IIRC.

I'll see what can do to find that locale for you.

EDIT:
Got it - I lost a lot of what I had done for my newer version of The North map, but I had this scrap laying around -

High Gap

Note - my maps differ somewhat from the official ones, but that is the location of the gap, between the upper part of the range and the lower - the pass leads into the Fallen Lands (which I have extended there - the canon Gap is NOT in the Fallen Lands, which officially only fall out on the eastern side of the range). I added the 'X' just now so you can see it better (thats not Stormkeep - Stormkeep is the tower).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Nov 2008 00:16:29
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2008 :  21:58:27  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Now, now Markus behave. I see the boo-boo in your post. Wasn't Vhok attacking Citadel Felbarr?

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2008 :  00:30:15  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't know - I remember him being discussed in some thread I wasn't taking part in, being as how I didn't read the novel in question.

What? Did I make a typo? <smirk>

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 22 Nov 2008 00:30:35
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2008 :  17:54:44  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-The Scoured Legion was indeed involved in conflict in Citadel Felbarr. As I recall, it was more of a feign than anything, something to keep the Tanaruukh busy while Vhok and Aliiza were gone.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  00:15:41  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Source?

I wonder if the OP even bothered to check back here after I went to all that trouble.

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Nov 2008 00:18:08
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  01:04:56  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Source?

-The first novel of the "Empyrean Odiocy" trilogy, as you call it, I believe. Though, it may not have been Citadel Felbarr.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 23 Nov 2008 01:05:47
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  03:47:11  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it may have been Citadel Toplisbarr.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  03:54:52  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-It was Sundabar that they were laying siege to, not Felbarr. There.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

MathiasSymbaern
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  03:56:27  Show Profile  Visit MathiasSymbaern's Homepage Send MathiasSymbaern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the maps and information, it was most helpful.
Go to Top of Page

MathiasSymbaern
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  13:33:45  Show Profile  Visit MathiasSymbaern's Homepage Send MathiasSymbaern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A question to Markustay: Is the map of the Silver Marches on your DeviantART site canon or based on Canon? There were a couple of towns marked in the Turnstone Pass I did not recognize.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  16:11:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That small Map?

That was done as a placement for the Fallcrest adventure in the 4th edition DMG - both Fallcrest and Hammerfast are non-canon (even in 4e - its a core adventure). The placement was as per a recommendation by Rich Baker at WotC, before the FR web-enhancement for it was available (which placed the adventure elsewhere, in the Thunderpeaks). I felt RB's idea was better, because it is closer to the 'starting location' in the FRCG.

On that Map Hammerfast (Dwarven city) replaced the canon location The Thousand Maws, as I needed it there to match the adventure-text, and assumed by 4e (1479) a group of Dwarves had outed the Thosuand Fists Orcs that were occupying the cavern-complex. As for Fallcrest - there is nothing there canonically... but there should be.

Since that area doesn't even match the official WE conversion, its now ultra-non-canon.

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Nov 2008 16:12:24
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  20:58:18  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-You are such a rebel Markus! Free thinkers are dangerous.

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  23:11:37  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No - I just took Rich Baker's excellent suggestion and ran with it, is all.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2008 :  17:57:22  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

No - I just took Rich Baker's excellent suggestion and ran with it, is all.

-Cool, I guess thats what I get for thinking, huh?

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

MathiasSymbaern
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2008 :  04:36:21  Show Profile  Visit MathiasSymbaern's Homepage Send MathiasSymbaern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000