Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Kaanyr Vhok: Location of Northpeak

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MathiasSymbaern Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 06:52:20
I have Lost Empires of Faerun. It states the Scoured Legions are currently in Northpeak which is northwest of the High Gap. I have narrowed this down to one of the spurs of the Grey Peak Mountains and suspect it must be the one closest to the Shining Falls. Can someone tell me, or show me a map, that has the level of detail I need to pin this down? The maps of The North in the map room of this web site is excellent but neither marks The High Gap or Northpeak.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MathiasSymbaern Posted - 28 Nov 2008 : 04:36:21
Thanks again.
Brimstone Posted - 26 Nov 2008 : 17:57:22
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

No - I just took Rich Baker's excellent suggestion and ran with it, is all.

-Cool, I guess thats what I get for thinking, huh?

BRIMSTONE
Markustay Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 23:11:37
No - I just took Rich Baker's excellent suggestion and ran with it, is all.
Brimstone Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 20:58:18
-You are such a rebel Markus! Free thinkers are dangerous.

BRIMSTONE
Markustay Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 16:11:14
That small Map?

That was done as a placement for the Fallcrest adventure in the 4th edition DMG - both Fallcrest and Hammerfast are non-canon (even in 4e - its a core adventure). The placement was as per a recommendation by Rich Baker at WotC, before the FR web-enhancement for it was available (which placed the adventure elsewhere, in the Thunderpeaks). I felt RB's idea was better, because it is closer to the 'starting location' in the FRCG.

On that Map Hammerfast (Dwarven city) replaced the canon location The Thousand Maws, as I needed it there to match the adventure-text, and assumed by 4e (1479) a group of Dwarves had outed the Thosuand Fists Orcs that were occupying the cavern-complex. As for Fallcrest - there is nothing there canonically... but there should be.

Since that area doesn't even match the official WE conversion, its now ultra-non-canon.
MathiasSymbaern Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 13:33:45
A question to Markustay: Is the map of the Silver Marches on your DeviantART site canon or based on Canon? There were a couple of towns marked in the Turnstone Pass I did not recognize.
MathiasSymbaern Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 03:56:27
Thanks for the maps and information, it was most helpful.
Lord Karsus Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 03:54:52
-It was Sundabar that they were laying siege to, not Felbarr. There.
Markustay Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 03:47:11
I think it may have been Citadel Toplisbarr.
Lord Karsus Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 01:04:56
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Source?

-The first novel of the "Empyrean Odiocy" trilogy, as you call it, I believe. Though, it may not have been Citadel Felbarr.
Markustay Posted - 23 Nov 2008 : 00:15:41
Source?

I wonder if the OP even bothered to check back here after I went to all that trouble.
Lord Karsus Posted - 22 Nov 2008 : 17:54:44
-The Scoured Legion was indeed involved in conflict in Citadel Felbarr. As I recall, it was more of a feign than anything, something to keep the Tanaruukh busy while Vhok and Aliiza were gone.
Markustay Posted - 22 Nov 2008 : 00:30:15
Don't know - I remember him being discussed in some thread I wasn't taking part in, being as how I didn't read the novel in question.

What? Did I make a typo? <smirk>
Brimstone Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 21:58:27
-Now, now Markus behave. I see the boo-boo in your post. Wasn't Vhok attacking Citadel Felbarr?

BRIMSTONE
Markustay Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 21:02:16
First off, they have moved, and last I heard they were under the High Forest, somewhere in or around Araumycos. Thats from the War of the Spider Queen series. However, I heard they have moved again, I think in the Empyrean Odiocy IIRC.

I'll see what can do to find that locale for you.

EDIT:
Got it - I lost a lot of what I had done for my newer version of The North map, but I had this scrap laying around -

High Gap

Note - my maps differ somewhat from the official ones, but that is the location of the gap, between the upper part of the range and the lower - the pass leads into the Fallen Lands (which I have extended there - the canon Gap is NOT in the Fallen Lands, which officially only fall out on the eastern side of the range). I added the 'X' just now so you can see it better (thats not Stormkeep - Stormkeep is the tower).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000