Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Dark Maiden - 'Lady Penitent' Spoilers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  20:53:40  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, and if it isn't I'm terribly sorry. For one I haven't been to these forums in a long while, which leads me to my next point of not having played DnD for a while, about a year. We recently started up again, and I'm digging back into all the books with gusto, anywho I ran across The Grand History of the Realms book and I was reading through and came across the part about Eilistraee and Lolth battling to the death in a divine game of sava for the fate of the Drow. It also goes on to talk about how Selvetarm and Vhaeraun are slain, blah blah blah. Anyways the real question I had was... What was the outcome of the sava game? Did one of the combatants renege? Did Lolth try some underhanded trick (as I would expect her to do)? Any information on this would be much appreciated and again I'm terribly sorry if I posted this in the wrong part of the forums.

Mod Edit: Moved to a more appropriate shelf.

Mod Edit II: Added SPOILER tag.

Edited by - The Sage on 21 Oct 2008 00:50:06

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  21:30:04  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eilistraee is dead at the end, or aledgedly dead.
her followers were changed back into non-drow dark elves by Corellon Larethian.

which her death or whatever has pissed alot of people off

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  21:56:49  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check here for complete details of the Lady Penitent series that details the events.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Kamuraki
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  23:59:32  Show Profile  Visit Kamuraki's Homepage Send Kamuraki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonder what city "The City of Hope" is that the dark elves went to afterwards. Any loremaster got a clue? Hell, a piss in the dark even?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

- Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  00:49:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This discussion really does belong on the FR Novels shelf.

* Casts Move Scroll.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  05:08:20  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kamuraki

Wonder what city "The City of Hope" is that the dark elves went to afterwards. Any loremaster got a clue? Hell, a piss in the dark even?

That would be best answered by [NDA].

Although, many scribes here believe that it may be Rhymanthiin, the Hidden City of Hope.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Kamuraki
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  05:18:38  Show Profile  Visit Kamuraki's Homepage Send Kamuraki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, yeah that would fit the evidence we've been presented so far.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

- Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2008 :  06:57:51  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the consequences of this whole mess is that the drow who didn't get turned into srii-tel'quessir are considered irredeemably evil in 4th edition, making them about as interesting as a damp stone in my opinion. I like my drow as evil bastards, but not irredeemable evil bastards. That's just boring.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2008 :  00:02:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW, to learn about the history of the City of Hope (if interested) read Blackstaff.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2008 :  03:21:36  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

BTW, to learn about the history of the City of Hope (if interested) read Blackstaff.

Heh, I thought I had included in my post. Glad to see someone else caught my wandering thoughts and reeled them back in. My thanks, fair lady!

Ashe's Character Sheet

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 22 Oct 2008 03:21:53
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  23:40:40  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Heh, I thought I had included in my post. Glad to see someone else caught my wandering thoughts and reeled them back in. My thanks, fair lady!

You're welcome.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Kamuraki
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2008 :  20:50:18  Show Profile  Visit Kamuraki's Homepage Send Kamuraki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just wondering if Lisa or anyone else will actually give us a look at the City of Hope, and what the now cleansed dark elves are up to.

- Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2008 :  01:41:54  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lisa, it appears has gone into hiding and unlikely to reply.
Anybodyelse are likely constained by NDA, as even Lisa might be.
The only chnce, it appears right now, is to ask Ed in that scroll.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2008 :  02:24:14  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lolth Took Eilistrae's mother piece, but Correlon steppped in and told her "the game is not over, yet".

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2008 :  02:30:48  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kamuraki

I'm just wondering if Lisa or anyone else will actually give us a look at the City of Hope, and what the now cleansed dark elves are up to.

-Steve Schend would be the guy, going on the assumption that all of the "Cities of Hope" are the same.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2008 :  17:31:55  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I despise the events in that trilogy. I think it could have been better. Eilistraee and Vhaeraun live on and Lloth loses a good many followers or power. That is how it should have been played.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2008 :  20:25:54  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I enjoyed the creation of the Masked Lady. She is a much more sensible deity for the Drow than either Eilistraee or Vhaeraun on their own. She didn't last, which is too bad.

-All of that is beaten to death, though.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 19 Nov 2008 20:26:12
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2008 :  03:57:20  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-I enjoyed the creation of the Masked Lady. She is a much more sensible deity for the Drow than either Eilistraee or Vhaeraun on their own. She didn't last, which is too bad.

I agree. I would have preferred her to stick around awhile. Just another pointless removal of a deity

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2008 :  17:20:19  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

I agree. I would have preferred her to stick around awhile. Just another pointless removal of a deity

-Well, in the very least, it featured such a deity, giving me fodder to create a "heresy" that some Dark Elves believe in which Eilistraee and Vhaeraun are/were the same being, and are allies and not enemies, which I am going to include in whatever the name of that thing that I am doing is called.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2008 :  05:40:31  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-I enjoyed the creation of the Masked Lady. She is a much more sensible deity for the Drow than either Eilistraee or Vhaeraun on their own.

Oh Good and Evil combined makes more sense, thus becoming nothing at all?

*sighs* Perhaps it makes sense to all that believe Drow must be Evil.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2008 :  09:59:04  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:

-I enjoyed the creation of the Masked Lady. She is a much more sensible deity for the Drow than either Eilistraee or Vhaeraun on their own.

Huh? Eilistraee absorbing Vhaeraun meant that she became more neutral than good.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2008 :  16:03:59  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

-Uh...Yeah...Right...

-A Drow deity that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, and thus, has the highest likelihood of attracting ALL Drow dissatisfied with Lolth, both male and female, makes more sense than two deities that are highly discriminatory on gender lines.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000