Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Dark Maiden - 'Lady Penitent' Spoilers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arteris Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 20:53:40
So I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, and if it isn't I'm terribly sorry. For one I haven't been to these forums in a long while, which leads me to my next point of not having played DnD for a while, about a year. We recently started up again, and I'm digging back into all the books with gusto, anywho I ran across The Grand History of the Realms book and I was reading through and came across the part about Eilistraee and Lolth battling to the death in a divine game of sava for the fate of the Drow. It also goes on to talk about how Selvetarm and Vhaeraun are slain, blah blah blah. Anyways the real question I had was... What was the outcome of the sava game? Did one of the combatants renege? Did Lolth try some underhanded trick (as I would expect her to do)? Any information on this would be much appreciated and again I'm terribly sorry if I posted this in the wrong part of the forums.

Mod Edit: Moved to a more appropriate shelf.

Mod Edit II: Added SPOILER tag.
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lord Karsus Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 16:03:59
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Oh Good and Evil combined makes more sense, thus becoming nothing at all?

*sighs* Perhaps it makes sense to all that believe Drow must be Evil.

-Uh...Yeah...Right...

-A Drow deity that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, and thus, has the highest likelihood of attracting ALL Drow dissatisfied with Lolth, both male and female, makes more sense than two deities that are highly discriminatory on gender lines.
khorne Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 09:59:04
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-I enjoyed the creation of the Masked Lady. She is a much more sensible deity for the Drow than either Eilistraee or Vhaeraun on their own.

Huh? Eilistraee absorbing Vhaeraun meant that she became more neutral than good.
Kentinal Posted - 21 Nov 2008 : 05:40:31
quote:

-I enjoyed the creation of the Masked Lady. She is a much more sensible deity for the Drow than either Eilistraee or Vhaeraun on their own.

Lord Karsus Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 17:20:19
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

I agree. I would have preferred her to stick around awhile. Just another pointless removal of a deity

-Well, in the very least, it featured such a deity, giving me fodder to create a "heresy" that some Dark Elves believe in which Eilistraee and Vhaeraun are/were the same being, and are allies and not enemies, which I am going to include in whatever the name of that thing that I am doing is called.
MerrikCale Posted - 20 Nov 2008 : 03:57:20
quote:

-I enjoyed the creation of the Masked Lady. She is a much more sensible deity for the Drow than either Eilistraee or Vhaeraun on their own. She didn't last, which is too bad.

I agree. I would have preferred her to stick around awhile. Just another pointless removal of a deity
Lord Karsus Posted - 19 Nov 2008 : 20:25:54
-I enjoyed the creation of the Masked Lady. She is a much more sensible deity for the Drow than either Eilistraee or Vhaeraun on their own. She didn't last, which is too bad.

-All of that is beaten to death, though.
Drakul Posted - 19 Nov 2008 : 17:31:55
I despise the events in that trilogy. I think it could have been better. Eilistraee and Vhaeraun live on and Lloth loses a good many followers or power. That is how it should have been played.
Lord Karsus Posted - 19 Nov 2008 : 02:30:48
quote:
Originally posted by Kamuraki

I'm just wondering if Lisa or anyone else will actually give us a look at the City of Hope, and what the now cleansed dark elves are up to.

-Steve Schend would be the guy, going on the assumption that all of the "Cities of Hope" are the same.
Aulduron Posted - 19 Nov 2008 : 02:24:14
Lolth Took Eilistrae's mother piece, but Correlon steppped in and told her "the game is not over, yet".
Kentinal Posted - 25 Oct 2008 : 01:41:54
Lisa, it appears has gone into hiding and unlikely to reply.
Anybodyelse are likely constained by NDA, as even Lisa might be.
The only chnce, it appears right now, is to ask Ed in that scroll.
Kamuraki Posted - 24 Oct 2008 : 20:50:18
I'm just wondering if Lisa or anyone else will actually give us a look at the City of Hope, and what the now cleansed dark elves are up to.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 23 Oct 2008 : 23:40:40
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

BTW, to learn about the history of the City of Hope (if interested) read Blackstaff.

Heh, I thought I had included in my post. Glad to see someone else caught my wandering thoughts and reeled them back in. My thanks, fair lady!

You're welcome.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 22 Oct 2008 : 03:21:36
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

BTW, to learn about the history of the City of Hope (if interested) read Blackstaff.

Heh, I thought I had included in my post. Glad to see someone else caught my wandering thoughts and reeled them back in. My thanks, fair lady!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 22 Oct 2008 : 00:02:44
khorne Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 06:57:51
One of the consequences of this whole mess is that the drow who didn't get turned into srii-tel'quessir are considered irredeemably evil in 4th edition, making them about as interesting as a damp stone in my opinion. I like my drow as evil bastards, but not irredeemable evil bastards. That's just boring.
Kamuraki Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 05:18:38
Ah, yeah that would fit the evidence we've been presented so far.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 05:08:20
quote:
Originally posted by Kamuraki

Wonder what city "The City of Hope" is that the dark elves went to afterwards. Any loremaster got a clue? Hell, a piss in the dark even?

That would be best answered by [NDA].

Although, many scribes here believe that it may be Rhymanthiin, the Hidden City of Hope.
The Sage Posted - 21 Oct 2008 : 00:49:02
This discussion really does belong on the FR Novels shelf.

* Casts Move Scroll.
Kamuraki Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 23:59:32
Wonder what city "The City of Hope" is that the dark elves went to afterwards. Any loremaster got a clue? Hell, a piss in the dark even?
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 21:56:49
Check here for complete details of the Lady Penitent series that details the events.
sfdragon Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 21:30:04
Eilistraee is dead at the end, or aledgedly dead.
her followers were changed back into non-drow dark elves by Corellon Larethian.

which her death or whatever has pissed alot of people off

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000