Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 I'm out of date.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pickel Bouldershoulder
Acolyte

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  20:55:14  Show Profile  Visit Pickel Bouldershoulder's Homepage Send Pickel Bouldershoulder a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met, I live in Germany and therefor have had some problems getting FR books, I stopped buying with the orks and dwarves fighting over Mithril Hall and then read the new books in Waterdeep.
I seem to have missed about 100 years? when something called the spell plague caused alot of problems.
Can someone help me out with the name of the books I would need to buy to find out what has happened, Tanks,
Also is there anywhere in this forum with a complete list of FR books and if so are they sorted into a rough timeline, tanks again.
Hehehe

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  21:20:54  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pickel Bouldershoulder

Well met, I live in Germany and therefor have had some problems getting FR books, I stopped buying with the orks and dwarves fighting over Mithril Hall and then read the new books in Waterdeep.
I seem to have missed about 100 years? when something called the spell plague caused alot of problems.
Can someone help me out with the name of the books I would need to buy to find out what has happened, Tanks,
Also is there anywhere in this forum with a complete list of FR books and if so are they sorted into a rough timeline, tanks again.
Hehehe

We all missed out on a 100 years of time in the realms my friend
Not a whole lot of information novel wise yet. Additionally the 4E realms campaign setting and the 4E FR players guide covers a bit.

The grand History of the Realms source covers the last years of 3.5E realms.

You can peruse the various other threads here to find out more about the spellplague, instead of having to regurgitate the issue and hopefully avoid the 4E like/ dislike comments taking over your thread here.

Oh, and welcome to the keep!

Edited by - scererar on 23 Nov 2008 21:22:48
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  22:40:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's not a lot of hard info out there about the Sellplague... But these three articles should help give you an idea about it:

Countdown to the Realms
Magic in the Forgotten Realms
The Wailing Years

Somewhere on the Candlekeep main site is a page with all the novels listed... I'll be dipped if I know where it is, though, since I rarely go beyond these forums.

I can link you to a good timeline for the novels, though: O Love's Novels Timeline

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2008 :  23:44:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Somewhere on the Candlekeep main site is a page with all the novels listed... I'll be dipped if I know where it is, though, since I rarely go beyond these forums.
'Tis on "Tethtoril's Bookshelf," here.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000