Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Community Project
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

keijemon
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  21:08:09  Show Profile  Visit keijemon's Homepage Send keijemon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I've been reading and re-reading the original post and some of the follow up... and I can't figure out what this project is doing. I've got some free time coming up and wouldn't mind donating it, if I knew what the deal is (and if I have relevant materials).

The greatest trick Ao ever pulled, is convincing Toril he didn't exist.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  22:21:08  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Basically, I figured we'd just make a large index that has sourcebooks and page numbers, especially because a lot of the material doesn't have any indexes at all, more so the 3/3.5e sourcebooks.

quote:
Originally posted by keijemon

So I've been reading and re-reading the original post and some of the follow up... and I can't figure out what this project is doing. I've got some free time coming up and wouldn't mind donating it, if I knew what the deal is (and if I have relevant materials).

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  22:22:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje if fine btw, usually don't answer to my given name. :)

And as I said earlier, lets finish this book 1st and then we'll move on. I'm still waiting for a a few scribes to get back to me, so till then we wait. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Fillow
Thanks a lot Scott. It's very nice from you.

I'm still ready to work onto your project.
I'm one of yours (is it a correct way to say I will be part of those who will work with you ?)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

keijemon
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  23:18:05  Show Profile  Visit keijemon's Homepage Send keijemon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, you seem to be working on the Grey Box, I don't have that. I've got a bunch of 3/3.5 material, though. I guess I can just start on the first book that catches my interest (Serpent Kingdoms atm). Any guidelines as to what constitutes a noteworthy entry? I mean we don't need to index spells/magic items (non-plot)/feats/etc. right?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  23:42:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'd prefer if people didn't get ahead of us. So, atm we are not working on any of the 3/3.5e material. :)

quote:

OK, you seem to be working on the Grey Box, I don't have that. I've got a bunch of 3/3.5 material, though. I guess I can just start on the first book that catches my interest (Serpent Kingdoms atm). Any guidelines as to what constitutes a noteworthy entry? I mean we don't need to index spells/magic items (non-plot)/feats/etc. right?

Go to Top of Page

keijemon
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2008 :  23:48:56  Show Profile  Visit keijemon's Homepage Send keijemon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Well, I'd prefer if people didn't get ahead of us. So, atm we are not working on any of the 3/3.5e material. :)

oops, it's just that you said "more so the 3/3.5e sourcebooks", that got me thinking it was a priority. What are you working on and what's your next step (so I can see if I've got sources for that).

Edited by - keijemon on 07 Sep 2008 23:49:23
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  00:11:33  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries, I was using it as an example because as I said, a lot of the current books don't have an index. :) And we're still working through the grey box, so until that's finished, I have no idea. :)

quote:

oops, it's just that you said "more so the 3/3.5e sourcebooks", that got me thinking it was a priority. What are you working on and what's your next step (so I can see if I've got sources for that).

Go to Top of Page

keijemon
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  00:59:52  Show Profile  Visit keijemon's Homepage Send keijemon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait a sec, is this the Grey Box you are talking about? http://www.trollandtoad.com/p109802.html consisting of A Grand Tour of the Realms, Running the Realms, and Shadowdale.

If yes, it is sitting right next to me right now, and it already has an index, 5 pages of it (combined for all 3 books). Are you expanding that or is there another Grey Box?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2008 :  01:06:01  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, that is the 2nd edition version. The grey box came out in 1e and yes I realize both have an index, but it still doesn't matter since this index we are creating will have info from EVERY book and the index from some of the books is not as complete as I'd like them to be, thus, starting this project.

quote:

Wait a sec, is this the Grey Box you are talking about? http://www.trollandtoad.com/p109802.html consisting of A Grand Tour of the Realms, Running the Realms, and Shadowdale.

If yes, it is sitting right next to me right now, and it already has an index, 5 pages of it (combined for all 3 books). Are you expanding that or is there another Grey Box?

Edited by - Kuje on 08 Sep 2008 01:09:47
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2008 :  16:04:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just checking in here. Sage, Mark, and Crazed, any progress or do you want me to hand your pages off to someone else? It's been about two weeks......

Edit: Okay, anyone want to take over pages 32 to 42?

Edited by - Kuje on 12 Sep 2008 18:50:48
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2008 :  16:43:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it'll probably be best for me to hand my pages to someone else for the time being. An unexpected non-Candlekeep-related project has suddenly found its way into my weekly workload, so I doubt I'll have any further time over the coming week to truly work on this.

Sorry Kuje.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Sep 2008 16:44:51
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2008 :  18:49:58  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No prob, things happen. :)

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I think it'll probably be best for me to hand my pages to someone else for the time being. An unexpected non-Candlekeep-related project has suddenly found its way into my weekly workload, so I doubt I'll have any further time over the coming week to truly work on this.

Sorry Kuje.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2008 :  20:52:38  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

pages 32 to 42 still from the Cyc ?
Give me one week and I'll be able to sent you back the files Kuje.
I just have to find your recommandations about the last files I sent you and I begin on tomorrow.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2008 :  22:22:00  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed from the Cyc and cool, thanks. :)

quote:

quote:

pages 32 to 42 still from the Cyc ?
Give me one week and I'll be able to sent you back the files Kuje.
I just have to find your recommandations about the last files I sent you and I begin on tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2008 :  23:18:04  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Geez you guys are quick, lol. I leave for a few hours and things get turned over.

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2008 :  04:29:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I went away (unexpectedly) for two weeks, two days after I made the commitment, and didn't get a whole lot dome before I left. As of tonight, I'm back home, so I should have something for you in a couple of days..

Sorry - I wouldn't have offered my help if I had known I was leaving for awhile.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 14 Sep 2008 16:05:33
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2008 :  11:38:34  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje,
there are inserts in my new "area of responsability" -as a Cormyr map in the page 33, the royal family lineage in p. 34...-
Do you want us to quote each term which is in those inserts as new entries ?

I do not care of doing so. Just want to know !

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2008 :  15:24:30  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apologies all for my lack of input - unfortunately we were burgled a couple of weeks ago and the laptop was stolen.

Am finally back online today, but have lots of other work to catch up with and redo.

Am sorry to have to (temporarily) bow out of this project, but my wife needs to get her university work redone and will be using the computer a lot!

Look forward to seeing the results.

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2008 :  16:15:47  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd skip the map but send me a seperate file about the family lineage. Or you could just add them to the character file. Your choice. :)

quote:

Kuje,
there are inserts in my new "area of responsability" -as a Cormyr map in the page 33, the royal family lineage in p. 34...-
Do you want us to quote each term which is in those inserts as new entries ?

I do not care of doing so. Just want to know !

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2008 :  16:17:12  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No prob crazed. :) Things happen.

That said, Kes, when you read this could you take over for pages 43 to 53? I'll send you the files later today as well.

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2008 :  16:20:04  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No prob crazed. :) Things happen.

That said, Kes, when you read this could you take over for pages 43 to 53? I'll send you the files later today as well.

Sure thing. I'll get on it once I know how to do it.

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2008 :  19:48:03  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'd skip the map but send me a seperate file about the family lineage. Or you could just add them to the character file. Your choice. :)
So, I forget the maps and I add the members of royal family to the character file.
And the named families will appear in the "Family lineage" file I've created.

I go back and work at it ! (after having a look at the active topics... )

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  20:26:35  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've almost finished my task Kuje.
however, I've a question :
in the page 38, is quoted Thiombur. A few lines below, he seems to be called Thimobar, and he still seems to be called Thiombar a few more lines later.

Is it a typo sequence ?
Is he an only one man ? So what is his real name ?
quote:
The famous adventurer, Thiombur the fighter, runs an inn, The Blushing Maiden, at the center of town. Thimobar is the appointed local lord of Dhedluk, and is said to know everyone in Cormyr".

GAME INFORMATION: Thiombar, an 8th level fighter, is indeed a master of the skill of putting the correct people in touch with each other, and his inn is often a stopping point for those seeking a particular individual of certain skill or ability.

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 21 Sep 2008 07:17:18
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  21:17:25  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd go with the first one but you could go ask Ed if you want a real answer. I'd figure he would know. :)

quote:

I've almost finished my task Kuje.
however, I've a question :
in the page 38, is quoted Thiombur. A few lines below, he seems to be called Thimobar[i], and he still seems to be called [i]Thiombar a few more lines later.

Is it a typo sequence ?
Is he an only one man ? So what is his real name ?
quote:
The famous adventurer, Thiombur the fighter, runs an inn, The Blushing Maiden, at the center of town. Thimobar is the appointed local lord of Dhedluk, and is said to know everyone in Cormyr".

GAME INFORMATION: Thiombar, an 8th level fighter, is indeed a master of the skill of putting the correct people in touch with each other, and his inn is often a stopping point for those seeking a particular individual of certain skill or ability.

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  21:25:39  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's consistently Thiombur (yes, one character) in Volo's Guide to Cormyr.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2008 :  18:33:13  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks to both of you.
So he will be Thiombur...
I send you the files tonight.

EDIT : the files are in your mailbox Kuje. Tell me if something's wrong.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2008 :  19:06:15  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have bad news.

The original time-period I had allotted to this (that first week) I had gone away from home unexpectedly (as I explained previously, for two weeks). I thought I could still squeeze this into my already busy schedule, but its a no-go.

Sorry.

I have to give the maps priority ATM, because since the release of 4e I have been getting slammed with requests, and if I try to work on them and my various writing projects nothing gets done. I am attempting to have a little more focus in my work routine so that can actually start completeing some stuff.

I'm sorry Kuje - this is a VERY worhtwhile project, but I find I simply do not have the extra time to dedicate to it as it deserves.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2008 :  19:21:15  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What was your task Mark ?
did you have time to begin any file ?
I'm ready to end or to do it.
Just tell me.

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2008 :  21:18:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats okay Mark, I'm glad, at least, that you replied. I was about to ask my missing people what they were doing. :)

So, Ashe, I'm still waitin on that map key from Scourn. :) Crazed seems to have disappeared and Fillow, Mark was doing the last pages from page 76 to the end of the book.

Wandering-Mage, Arry, or Na-gang, are you three still interested in helping? Or anyone else that has the grey box, so we can get it finished and move on!

Received Fillow's and Kes's entries and will go over them tonight.

Edited by - Kuje on 21 Sep 2008 21:18:48
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  00:24:07  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Or anyone else that has the grey box, so we can get it finished and move on!

I just downloaded the .pdf of the gray box from Paizo (and of the '93 2nd edition box, and of several other things--that place is dangerous!). I must admit I'm not entirely sure what y'all are doing. Building a detailed index, sounds like, but I'm not sure what the actual work process is.

Anyway, I'd be happy to help out a bit if somebody just tells me what to do (and if working from the .pdf instead of from print is okay).

Cheers,

Christopher

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000