Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Looking for a LARGE Realms Map
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  18:01:44  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am looking for a large Forgotten Realms map that I can laminate or frame. If anyone knows where I can find one, I would be most appreciative.

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  18:29:36  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rustybeard

I am looking for a large Forgotten Realms map that I can laminate or frame. If anyone knows where I can find one, I would be most appreciative.
If you have a printer that can print (really) large paper, then you can print out the poster map from the 3e FRCS from here.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  19:19:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd try to find one of the actual poster-sized maps, myself. There's the 3E one linked to above, the 4 poster maps from Dragons 287-290, or the ones from the older FRCS boxed sets (1E and 2E), which can likely be obtained fairly cheaply on eBay.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  01:06:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Additionally, the last time I checked [a few weeks ago], those issues of DRAGON were still available for purchase [at reasonable prices] at the nobleknight.com site.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  11:39:25  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And depending on how much of the world you want, and how long you're willing to wait for it, a couple of our cartographers here at Candlekeep have masterpieces in the works; check the scroll below.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11182

However, if all you need is Faerun, then the four-part Dragon magazine solution is the best way to go, as Wooly and The Sage pointed out, if they're all still available.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 29 Sep 2008 11:40:03
Go to Top of Page

Shottglazz
Acolyte

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2008 :  14:57:32  Show Profile Send Shottglazz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the 4-piece 1e map that I'd be willing to part with (in NM condition - think I'm the first to have unfolded it in 10+ years). PM me if you want it.

Shottglazz

"Take my love, Take my land, Take me where I cannot stand;
I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000