Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms Movie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  06:37:54  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The wolf rats of willow were victims of poor special effects. They looked like cool dire wolves but then they had an obnoxious tail.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  06:40:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They sound bizarre indeed. I think I am reconsidering my decision to purchase the DVD now...maybe a rented version would be more appropriate .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2003 :  16:08:51  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't mind, Sage. I'm not saying it's a Best Movie of All Time, just that I liked it. By all means, rent it. I do that for most of the newer movies. Usually, if I like 'em, I tape them. (Of course, I don't have a working second VCR at the moment, so I can only tape DVDs. Too bad -- I've been seeing a bunch of old classics lately. Hitchcock films, mostly.)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  13:04:18  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know of only three fantasy movies....are there more?

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  13:38:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which three fantasy movies do you know Dantrag?.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

DarkMistress
Acolyte

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  14:14:36  Show Profile  Visit DarkMistress's Homepage Send DarkMistress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i dunno any Forgotten Realms characters apart from Elminster and Drizzt. But i think that Orlando Bloom should play someone...

"Darkness is both friend and enemy"
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  22:27:56  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dantrag

I know of only three fantasy movies....are there more?

I should speak to your Matron Mother, Dantrag. She really needs to let you out more.

There are just too many to to list, but here are a few at least...

Conan (et all)
Dragonslayer
Legend
Willow
The Beastmaster
Krull
Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit (animated versions)

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  22:29:18  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
3 fantasy movies?

Krull/ dark crystal/ labyrinth/ willow/ sword and the sorceror/ dragonheart/ CONAN THE BARBARIAN/ CONAN THE DESTROYER/ Kull the conqueror/ scorpion king/ HAWK THE SLAYER/ Excaliber/ death stalker (yes yes I know TNA)/Ladyhawk/ warrior and the sorceress...

I can go on...

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Mythander
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  22:57:59  Show Profile  Visit Mythander's Homepage Send Mythander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bellua Aeneus Lacerta

Danillo Thann could be Bruce Campbell (The King of Thieves(?)on the Xena and Hercules Series)

I will agree he would defiantly fit the roll.

Wow! That has no saving throw written all over it.

Edited by - Mythander on 31 Jul 2003 22:59:30
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  20:49:23  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

3 fantasy movies?

Krull/ dark crystal/ labyrinth/ willow/ sword and the sorceror/ dragonheart/ CONAN THE BARBARIAN/ CONAN THE DESTROYER/ Kull the conqueror/ scorpion king/ HAWK THE SLAYER/ Excaliber/ death stalker (yes yes I know TNA)/Ladyhawk/ warrior and the sorceress...

I can go on...

Hawk the Slayer... Man, I'd completely forgotten that one.
Talk about cheese! That one could be a combination of cheddar, swiss, gorgonzola, feta and a generous helping of limburger for texture.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  20:57:42  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

3 fantasy movies?

I can go on...

I mean the ones that really have to do with things that appear in Faerun, besides dragons.LOTR has some monsters that appear in Faerun. Labyrinth doesn't have the same hero concept as the Faerun books. So what fantasy movies are really depends on your view of them....

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  23:28:43  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Hawk the Slayer... Man, I'd completely forgotten that one.
Talk about cheese! That one could be a combination of cheddar, swiss, gorgonzola, feta and a generous helping of limburger for texture.

Yeah but that Cheese just tastes so good! Yeah the movie was goofy but it was great!

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2003 :  03:53:49  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK what if you could choose the setting.It has to be in the Forgotten Realms, but what region,What campaign setting,and the main stars are people or an adventuring party from that same area,not random.From a story of your favorite Novel to perhaps represent the rest of the realms.(I know thats hard but you can't film the whole realm,So pick your favorite.)Also in what country or countries would you it in.Like for example I would like to see the first story in "The Icewind Dale Trilogy",It would be a major undertaking,Probably film in Canada,I am not sure about who would play what, but Vin Diesel would be there as well as Angilina Joline,maybe have Wesley Snipes play Drizzt.Thats all I can think of for now.So whats your favorite,and where would you film it,and what actors would play the hero's,heroine's,or villians.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  02:53:02  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
okay (Angilina Joline = Catti-Brie),(Vin diesel = Wolfgar),(???? = Bruenor),
(Wesley Snipes = Drizzt),(Cult_leader = Regis),okay joking Cult_Leader,don't know about Regis,maybe the guy that does mini- me on Austin Powers.Bruenor is another,who could play him.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  15:21:04  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
vin disel is to short, i know they can computerize it but it would look so much better osmeone that is actuall seven feet tall. i would probably throw in a wwe mainly because of there size but many of them have acting ability.
angilina joline is a good choice for cattie bri
wesly snipes for drizzt very interesting but a good choice, even though any one would have to where makeup to make there skin black.
bruenor iwould like to say i knew but i dont
regis why not regis philbin (takes gun puts barrel in mouth pulls back hammer squezees trigger.)
artemis enteri i cant recall a name but the bad gu from shanghai knights would be perfect in my opinion

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.

Edited by - Trafaldi on 12 Sep 2003 15:21:32
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  04:07:10  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trafaldi

vin disel is to short, i know they can computerize it but it would look so much better osmeone that is actuall seven feet tall. i would probably throw in a wwe mainly because of there size but many of them have acting ability.
angilina joline is a good choice for cattie bri
wesly snipes for drizzt very interesting but a good choice, even though any one would have to where makeup to make there skin black.
bruenor iwould like to say i knew but i dont
regis why not regis philbin (takes gun puts barrel in mouth pulls back hammer squezees trigger.)
artemis enteri i cant recall a name but the bad gu from shanghai knights would be perfect in my opinion

I agree Vin is too short for Wolfgar but at 6'2" He's to tall for bruenor, I guess he could play Kemp of Targos.I haven't seen Shanghai Knights yet so I don't know.Anyway Artemis would be in the second movie as this would be of the Crystal Shard.Still since we are pretending I have the money to actually do this right then I am sure once this movie came out and It was a quality movie about the Forgotten Realms based on the (PUT YOUR NOVEL NAME HERE) novel.It would be watched by every D&D fan requardless of the setting they play.You would have to make a 2nd and maybe more.we can do this Trafaldi,you call Vin,and Wesley and i'll call Angilina.

Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  06:11:36  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't care who they play, but I want Catherine Zeta-Jones, Salma Hayek, and Rachel Liegh Cook in it!
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  15:09:38  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lowtech

I don't care who they play, but I want Catherine Zeta-Jones, Salma Hayek, and Rachel Liegh Cook in it!

Okay,I understand but surely you could picture them as characters
from a novel.Fully dressed Characters only please.

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  23:23:42  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have found our Suazz Tam!!! or atleast his voice.... Tony Jay ( If I'm not mistaken. After sifting through my moive/Anime/disney/game collection Tony jay is Definately the voice of Suazz Tam. He did the voice of Minister Frollo in 'The Hunchback of Notredame' ( disney verison) but he has been used in quite a few computer games. The only one that springs to my mind right now is the character 'The Lieutenant' in the game Fallout ( the first one). Megabyte on that old reboot computer cartoon, Chairface Chippendale off of 'The Tick',
etc.
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0419645/
Check out this for a collection of his work ( and I'm sure one of them you might remember.

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  03:15:50  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i remember it being suggested that it would be alright as an anime, i believe i suggested it but thats besides the point, but ever since the Lord of the Rings movies came out we know that it FR movies could be filmed instead of drawn, even though that would be good, i think that they could still do it better in film

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  11:46:57  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was not suggesting that if be drawn, I simply thing that the voice of Suazz Tam be Tony Jay, another could act the physical repesentation ( Like the way Darth Vader was done in the first three 'Star Wars') or Suazz tam could be done like Gollum in Lord of the Rings with a physical repesentation but done over with CG if need be. I appologze if my meaning didn't come across clearly.. now if you'll excuse me I have a box of Mystical Timbits +5 to devour.

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  03:57:19  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

i remember it being suggested that it would be alright as an anime, i believe i suggested it but thats besides the point, but ever since the Lord of the Rings movies came out we know that it FR movies could be filmed instead of drawn, even though that would be good, i think that they could still do it better in film

Exactly,
The Lord of the Rings or at least the first two out of three are proof
that a fantasy movie can be realistic and I wish the Forgotten Realms
could be directed by someone like Peter Jackson.The man is a genius!

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  04:52:24  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tolkien does it again, fantasy was never very popular until tolkien wrote the LOR. And he will do the same with the cinema. Dungeons and Dragons was released at a bad time and if they would have made it after LOR it would have had a better response and it would have had better graphics. But Tolkien has again broken open the world of fantasy upon the people.

Go to Top of Page

fanatic
Acolyte

Austria
34 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  18:47:09  Show Profile  Visit fanatic's Homepage Send fanatic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what about Jonny Depp acting as Artemis Entreri.

i often imagined how they could make a movie, especially about salvatores drow series.
imagine artemis and drizzt in their endless sword session.
that would take a lot of training.

even fantasy has it´s limits
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  22:27:59  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a thought that hadn't occured Jonny Depp, not as Artemis but as Jaraxle, he Just has that look

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2003 :  01:05:53  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trafaldi,
Since Tolkien's work has been around for a long time I don't think that just having a good story is enough.LoTR had a good director working with a good story,actors and etc.The reason the movie
Dungeons & Dragons, Sucked was because it had a bad director.If the
director of the D & D movie had directed LoTR then It would have sucked too! Not the story but the movie,I read the books years ago and loved them and I am glad that the movie does them justice.
I own the D & D movie but its a waste of money.You can find it in the
bargin bin of any Walmart now.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2003 :  01:09:27  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That is a thought that hadn't occured Jonny Depp, not as Artemis but as Jaraxle, he Just has that look

I do agree with you here,Your right on it.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2003 :  04:16:56  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No what i meant was that Tolkien's LOR has opened the peoples eyes to the world of fantasy so more people will want more fantasy movies and they will be of LOR quality or better. Dungeons And Dragons wasn't bad just because of the director the casting sucked the script sucked the whole movie in general sucked.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2003 :  05:04:49  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No what i meant was that Tolkien's LOR has opened the peoples eyes to the world of fantasy so more people will want more fantasy movies and they will be of LOR quality or better. Dungeons And Dragons wasn't bad just because of the director the casting sucked the script sucked the whole movie in general sucked.

Yeah,The whole movie needed work.We agree again then,it all sucked and yes Tolkien,Edgar Rice Burrough,and Robert Howard were all writers that influenced me and kept me interested in fantasy.So I guess we do agree.

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2003 :  12:12:41  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

Trafaldi,
Since Tolkien's work has been around for a long time I don't think that just having a good story is enough.LoTR had a good director working with a good story,actors and etc.The reason the movie
Dungeons & Dragons, Sucked was because it had a bad director.If the
director of the D & D movie had directed LoTR then It would have sucked too! Not the story but the movie,I read the books years ago and loved them and I am glad that the movie does them justice.
I own the D & D movie but its a waste of money.You can find it in the
bargin bin of any Walmart now.

Never seen the D&D movie. From the way you're talking about it glad I didn't. Was the script any good to begin with or was it just bad directing? LOTR is an excellent movie because the script stuck with the original story and improvements with graphics and special effects has helped the movie a great deal too.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000