Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms World
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

randomgr
Acolyte

Greece
1 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  14:12:55  Show Profile  Visit randomgr's Homepage Send randomgr a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, I am a new member here...
I have been introduced to the Forgotten realms world
from games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.
I'd like to ask if there's any poster with a map of
the known forgotten Realms.

Chris

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  14:54:11  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go and get the Forgotten realms Campaign settings and it gives info on the realms. But I have not been able to locate a large map of Faerun, maybe another scribe could help.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  15:06:21  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Forgotten Realms Campaign boxed sets have the poster sized maps.
I recommend the "Interactive Atlas CD", you can look at zoom in/out & print maps from anywhere in Toril.There is also a Forgotten Realms Atlas in book form but its hard to find.Look on eBay,Half.com.
good luck.If you can't ever find any of this then e-mail me and I will try and help.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  16:42:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by randomgr

the known forgotten Realms.Chris

Chris,

When the Forgotten Realms Campaign Supplement (FRCS) first came out, Dragon Magazine, then published by WOTC, put out a poster map, in four parts. One issue would have one section so basically you had to buy four different magazines to get the whole map. I cannot recall the issue #s for the map (anyeone else?). However, if you want a big poster map of the Realms, that would be one way to go.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  17:08:33  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a map showing the basic coastlines in the main library. For a map that shows it all, there's a map of the main continent in a PDF I have. I think it's a bit big to email, though . . . something like 7MB, maybe. I don't have mine with me at the moment.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  18:05:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by randomgr

the known forgotten Realms.Chris

Chris,

When the Forgotten Realms Campaign Supplement (FRCS) first came out, Dragon Magazine, then published by WOTC, put out a poster map, in four parts. One issue would have one section so basically you had to buy four different magazines to get the whole map. I cannot recall the issue #s for the map (anyeone else?). However, if you want a big poster map of the Realms, that would be one way to go.

Well Met

The maps from Dragon Magazine are detailed in the Map Room.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  02:20:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for pointing that out Alaundo. Hopefully, I'll recall it next time for future reference.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  02:17:11  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Other than some of the poster maps you can't beat The Interactive Atlas.Once you upgrade it with the 3 free downloads you have the best
maps of all Toril at your disposal.All the Information is in the this
Great Library of Candlekeep.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000