Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2008)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 86

Agnitio Veridicus
Acolyte

13 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2008 :  18:45:16  Show Profile  Visit Agnitio Veridicus's Homepage Send Agnitio Veridicus a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

The way I look at it, I am alright with the murder of Mystra and the Spellplague. I do not like them, but I understand how WotC might see that them as needed. However, it is all of the gobbledegook about having Halruaa explode, the Sea of Fallen Stars be drained, a whimsical and illogical soap opera of Tyr, Tymora and Helm, retconning racial deities into aspects of human deities (Rich has alluded to Talos as an aspect of Gruumsh and Sehanine Moonbow as an aspect of Selûne), the chopping of the overall pantheon to about 13-20% of its size, the 104 year time jump and similar such things.

Thank you for giving me yet another "this has got to be some kind of joke" 4e Realms moment.

-- Agnitio
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2008 :  03:39:42  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
I've got a query for Mr. Greenwood, but I would rather not put it on the board. Am I allowed to PM the question, THO?

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2008 :  04:53:13  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
GoCeraf, by all means PM me.
(Other scribes: please, don't all PM me at once. There's this 20-message inbox limit that I seem to reach VERY quickly.)
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2008 :  05:08:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
You may wish to toggle the PM system on/off as you like my Lady. It should prevent the "Inbox" overloads and allow you time to catch up on missed messages.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kenzuki Shinku
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2008 :  12:36:15  Show Profile  Visit Kenzuki Shinku's Homepage Send Kenzuki Shinku a Private Message
I really wish someone would write a novel based on the adventures of Bane, Bhaal, and Myrkul. I think it would make a killer trilogy, and who doesn't love anti-heroes trying to become gods?

Alis grave nil

Kenzuki Shinku. The Crimson Seraph, one of the Three Kings.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2008 :  23:16:02  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

So saith Ed. Whooo, meaty new Realmslore here for everyone! Ed warns that the Heralds exist precisely because so much “borrowing” of heraldic devices goes on, and some of these badges may appear elsewhere, used by others to represent other things. (So a different identification given elsewhere by someone else might not really be a contradiction.) Enjoy!
love to all,
THO

Wow... many, many, many thanks for this wonderful piece of Realmslore! And so much juicy lore and ideas packed into a single page of text! Again I am humbled by Ed's sheer genius and amazing creativity and his honest enthusiasm to share the works of his brilliant mind with us here on Candlekeep.

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2008 :  23:29:23  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One
Berdusk’s nobility do indeed have both full, elaborate blazons and simplified badges (details to follow - - including Caunter, Kuje and Rinonalyrna Fathomlin! - - when I can track down my file), and yes, the blazons in POWER OF FAERUN are indeed “actual Faerûnian heraldry.”

I look foward to that, thank you!

And of course, thank you for that answer.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2008 :  10:51:37  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kenzuki Shinku

Dear Mr. Greenwood.

First time poster here. I've a very important question that I've been wanting to ask, it's always nagged me and I would like an answer concering the Dead Three.

Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul. Were these their mortal names or did they change names on becoming deities? And what year did they ascend to godhood? If it's NDA I understand.

Thanks.

"Alis grave nil"

Kenzuki Shinku, these three have been discussed MANY times on various scrolls. I suggest that you use the Search engine (which becomes overloaded easily, so be patient with it) and search their names.

One thing we probably definitely know about Bane is that he was not from Toril originally, and if I recall correctly, he started calling himself "Bane" while still a mortal, but after he came to Toril.

There is NO exact date given for when they became deities (the first time around), but there are clues which help to narrow it down to a period of a few hundred years (e.g., they were all mortals when they killed the demigod Borem of the Boiling Mud, a dated account of which is in the Grand Chronology of the Realms).

Be aware too, that if you play out the Dungeon Magazine Age of Worms Adventure Path in Faerun, there's a strong possibility that Jergal manipulated all three of them into assuming most -- but not all! -- of his powers.

Ed's said before that he doesn't approve of mortals meddling in the affairs of the gods, so you will have to settle for the speculations of others about these three, except that I'll repeat what I posted in a scroll about whether or not E-vil people can have friends: there is not the least evidence that any of the three ever betrayed the other two, and they have worked together to their mutual detriment to protect one of their trio who might be in danger (from Ao, for instance!). Evil they may be, but they seem to all be loyal to one another -- a rare thing in any group of gods, let alone a trio of Evil one!

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Edited by - Jamallo Kreen on 05 Feb 2008 20:31:14
Go to Top of Page

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
157 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2008 :  10:53:32  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

There are actually THREE references, all of which will
really only be understandable "after the fact." One of
them is the "Smashed the black star" curiosity that
several scribes have been so fascinated by, and
another is a CYCLOPEDIA heading (yes, just the
heading). [Ed was referring to the "Abeir-Toril" heading]

-- George Krashos

Woohoo! I can't believe my guess at the Dove Black Star quote was correct. Well not truely when we see that there are 3 references, but I got one of them.
As to the dwarves through the portal, I thought that was Ed trying to explain the low number of dwarves on the world.

Now to my question for Ed - this isn't Realms related, it is how does Ed do things.

When the Grey Box was released communication and technology is a LOT different to what it is today. How has the changes in technology and communication affected the way you work? For example in the "olden days" letters and long communique was the norm. Now virtually nothing is sent by snail mail unless required.
Do you still send information to Wizards and other publishers by paper, or do you send them through email?
Just curious.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2008 :  19:35:50  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all.
I bring Realmslore replies from Ed of the Greenwood yet again, this time to Asgetrion’s questions: “Does 'farrier' -- as a profession -- exist in the Realms? Or do blacksmiths take care of shoeing your horse? Also, is it possible to buy tack/saddlery/harness/supplies and have your horse shoed at a stable, rather than buy these services/stuff from a leatherworker, blacksmith or tack-and-harness shop?
and:
Is it typical to build houses/buildings on bridges in the Realms? This question was prompted by the computer game 'Baldur's Gate 2' (which featured Athkatla) and I've also seen pictures of (the 17th Century?) Paris with bridges being crammed with tall houses.”
Ed replies:

Yes, there are farriers, in most large cities, though most of them tend to call themselves something along the lines of “mount and hoof smith” rather than actually using the term “farrier.” They usually do special horseshoes and horse armor (barding) and leg-splints as well as just horseshoes.
In most villages and smaller centers, blacksmiths shoe your horse, and modify the shoes they’ve made as best they can for any “special” work. A busy market town will have two or three smiths, most of them specializing (locks or hinges and hasps, cooper-work and basic armor, or decorative plates with chased or graven lettering - - with all of them doing basic ironmongery and shoeing as daily “stew and loaf coin” (we would say “bread and butter money”).
Small stables for visitors to cities will only sell tack and harness left with them in trade or to pay debts, and will arrange to “call in” a smith to shoe a mount too injured to be taken to the smith. Large inns in cities will have a smith on staff (expect to pay dearly for his services, with the inn taking most of the cut), as will large “common stables” serving most city folk.
Small stables in backwater places may have nothing but horse, tack, and wagon storage - - but if the place is on a trade-road, there will be a smith (and wagon repair man, and tack-and-harness sellers) locally available, and they will be either near the stables or working with the stables or used to being called to the stables. So, yes, one way or another, you can purchase equipage, and get shoeing done, at most stables.
As for houses and other buildings on bridges: except for guard-huts, tollbooths, and other civic structures, it’s rare in the Realms to have bridges lined with buildings, not “typical.” That’s merely custom, that’s arisen from congestion and fire concerns (and in some locales, from smuggling problems and the habit of some residents of disposing of bodies out the “privy chutes” into the water below - - to say nothing of pollution; downstream stink within the same city isn’t ALWAYS ignored or just “put up with” in the Realms. Bridges in the Realms (except tiny, within-a-palace ones) are NEVER completely built-over, so that passage over the bridge means going from one building to the next, without any “public outside area” to travel in.
However, particularly in Calimshan, the Tashalar, and certain Sword Coast ports, there are indeed buildings on bridges. Not always an unbroken line of private dwellings, but more often a festhall, grand inn, or place of revelry and gambling (where locals drink and make business deals, and everyone else comes to enjoy the fun).
So buildings on bridges are by no means unknown, but they’re NOT typical. For one thing, it forces the bridge builders to erect a much stronger structure, adds to drainage problems, and often creates difficulties over access and civic control of a bridge, if one tenant is difficult or keeps dangerous pets or just locks everything up regularly or tries to conduct a business that involves a lot of goods arriving, departing, and being stacked up all over the place.

So saith Ed, Everliving Master of Realmslore. Not to mention a man who has worked on fixing rustic Ontario bridges AND on adjusting harness in his time.
love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 04 Feb 2008 19:51:54
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2008 :  11:32:49  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message
May I just say that in the real world, for example old London Bridge that had houses built on it; that there was always free passage through archways built under the houses.

The Ponte Veccio in Florence has a row of shops and houses on each side of the bridge leaving a free path down the centre of the bridge.

Edited by - arry on 05 Feb 2008 15:17:05
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2008 :  20:38:41  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Hi. Ed, will The Sword Never Sleeps tell us anything more about the Chosen? Or are they "out of the story"?
Thanks.
BB
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  00:48:09  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
Got a sort of open-ended query (sorry) for Ed. Partially inspired by Mark Sehenstedt's Vil Adanrath (with some Black Wolf thrown in for good measure), my group's thinking of doing an all-lycanthrope campaign, with the idea being that an infected werewolf learned control from the lythari and returned to Faerun to find other lycanthropes and help them the way he was.

We tossed around the "how" for awhile, and finally came up with a travelling circus/minstrel group like you talked about last year, where everyone is secretly a lycanthrope. That would give them an excuse to wander, and it would be easier to talk new lycanthropes into joining the circus than, "Yes, come join this ragged pack that runs along the borders of civilisation."

My question is two-fold. First, how big, on average, are medium and large-sized troops of performers? We're thinking of making it a mixed troop, but at this point we're open to other ideas. The campaign will be starting somewhere along the northern shore of the Sea of Fallen Stars in the mid-1360's, if that makes a difference, though we may well be travelling all over the map.

Second, we were also thinking about adding the Harpers to this (because it wasn't complicated enough already). So, what use would they have for a travelling troop of performers of middling and increasing popularity that's already wandering all over? Obviously, carrying messages and smuggling things/people into/out of hot zones both come to mind, but I'm curious for more. Also, how would it differ if they were just Harper friends, as opposed to most of them being actual members?

Many thanks for everything you've done here at the Keep.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  01:38:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Got a sort of open-ended query (sorry) for Ed. Partially inspired by Mark Sehenstedt's Vil Adanrath (with some Black Wolf thrown in for good measure), my group's thinking of doing an all-lycanthrope campaign, with the idea being that an infected werewolf learned control from the lythari and returned to Faerun to find other lycanthropes and help them the way he was.

On the rules side, allow me to recommend Curse of the Moon. It's a $5 pdf from Sean K Reynolds's website. There's a lot of material for lycanthropes in there, including a version of lycanthropy that works better for the rules while keeping most of the were-flavor intact.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  01:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
Dear Lady Hooded One, I have already begin a scroll concerning the price and size of blank spellbooks on Faerun, but may I please be so bold as to ask your opinion, based upon how Ed has run the purchasing of such things in his own past games. I favor the Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog price over the measly price in the PHB. How, pray tell, does Ed run it? I have another game session coming up this Saturday and I would like to hear as many learned opinions as I can before the matter becomes a divisive issue for my group.

I thank you in all sincerity, as always, for your tremendous efforts on behalf of the seekers of Realmslore, among whom I am proid to number myself.

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  01:49:02  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, all. A very brief answer from Ed this time, re. this from Blueblade: "Hi. Ed, will The Sword Never Sleeps tell us anything more about the Chosen? Or are they "out of the story"?
Thanks."
Ed replies:

Yes, and: Largely. Respectively.
I'd love to be more specific, but dare not be, else my long-suffering editrix would be perfectly justified (er, make that MORE perfectly justified) in rushing up to my farmhouse in Canada and killing me. Painfully.

So saith Ed. Well, that seems clear enough.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  02:09:36  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
Apropos of buildings on bridges, I refer the interested to the movie Perfume. Just pretend that the perfumer on the bridge says that he comes from Brooklyn and not from Provence or wherever, and you'll be okay. If necessary, turn the sound off completely when there's dialogue, because the shots of the bridge and the parts of the film about the problems arising therefrom are definitely worth a watch (and you might want to turn the sound back on when they are showing that particular exterior).

Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  02:26:55  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Question for Ed:
I've just returned home from a party for writers, artists, TV script writers and show runners, etc. where I was talking with a GORGEOUS lady who said that as a young lass she played in a GenCon Realms-set adventure in Milwaukee with you as Dungeon Master, where her character hid in a barrel of apples.
Do you remember this incident? Or (heh-heh) what she told me about you putting on a gown and singing falsetto to act out what a noble lady did in the adventure?
(And if all this is true, what can I do to get into a game with you as DM again? And have you do this sort of over-the-top fun stuff? Is bribery involved? Or do I have to be a pretty girl?)
Also, this lady fair mentioned that FireWorks Television had optioned the TV rights to the Realms, years ago, but the option lapsed without anything being created (except some writing by R. A. Salvatore, which leads me to suspect they were planning a Drizzt TV series). Is this true, and what's the status of the TV rights (or any secret projects) for the Realms right now?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  02:31:05  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Dear Ed and Lady THO, another Realms question:
In YOUR Realms campaign, what's Shadowdale like, right now? (Population, number of farms, types of crops, doing well or otherwise, local attitude towards Voonlar and Zhentil Keep, amount of daily contact with Mistledale, how far into the woods do locals go to cut wood, forage for game, and gather mushrooms, herbs, and suchlike.) Is the place shattered by all the Zhent forays, or happy and cozy, or somewhere in between? And how much do the elves watch over it, if at all? The Harpers? How much are Storm, Elminster, and the Knights "at home"?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  15:33:16  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Followup question for Ed:
My beautiful party encounter also revealed that the party of PC adventurers in her GenCon-with-Ed game encountered Mirt the Moneylender. Are there more Mirt tales in the works? Or is the "new Realms" going to leave him behind?
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

tauster
Senior Scribe

Germany
399 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  18:38:10  Show Profile  Visit tauster's Homepage Send tauster a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by arry

May I just say that in the real world, for example old London Bridge that had houses built on it; that there was always free passage through archways built under the houses.

The Ponte Veccio in Florence has a row of shops and houses on each side of the bridge leaving a free path down the centre of the bridge.

For all scribes interested in inhabited bridges:

There is an old accessory from Flying Buffalo's old Catalyst Series called "City book". City Book 7 is called "The King's Bridge" and features a - you guessed - bridge, complete with 25 encounters (the royal tax collector, a thieves guild, ) and oer 70 npc. The link (which is my FIRST WORKING LINK EVER in a posting - hurray!) leads to an onlineshop but perhaps you can find it somewhere as a cheaper pdf. I highly recommend it, like the other city books.

Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  19:38:54  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hey Baleful Avatar

I think Mirt and company will have taken that spiritwalk 100 years from current year, he's already middle-age now and I don't get the sense that he would try to extend his life a great number of years if at all. I will miss him, Danilo, Pristoleph, and many others who likely lack longetivity magic, I hope novels of events within that hundred year leap are written.
Go to Top of Page

Ladejarl
Seeker

Norway
55 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  19:51:35  Show Profile  Visit Ladejarl's Homepage Send Ladejarl a Private Message
I was wondering if Ed have any details on the following temples(including specific NPC's): The Hospice of Deadsnows, The Hall of Grand Hunts, The Sword Grotto, Oaksong Tower, and The Gilded Hall of Glittering Gems.

"There should be much less violence, and more nudity and kinkiness in the world."
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  21:11:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Hey Baleful Avatar

I think Mirt and company will have taken that spiritwalk 100 years from current year, he's already middle-age now and I don't get the sense that he would try to extend his life a great number of years if at all. I will miss him, Danilo, Pristoleph, and many others who likely lack longetivity magic, I hope novels of events within that hundred year leap are written.

Actually, Mirt has already used longevity magic of some sort. We don't know his exact age, but I once speculated that Mirt was at least 120, and Ed's reply was that Mirt was much older than that. Mirt looks like he's 50-ish, but the first mention of him is in 1302, and it describes him then as a "noted adventurer".

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 06 Feb 2008 21:19:27
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2008 :  00:21:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Ed and THO have confirmed that both Mirt and Durnan have used longevity potions. As has Filfaeril, and dozens more NPCs in the Realms.

From March '04 --

"I think Mirt and Durnan are both a trifle OLDER than 120. Still unpublished is the “essential Realmslore” short story in which they acquired as treasure certain drinkables that might be expressed in AD&D terms (the D&D game came along after I wrote the story) as slightly-variant Potions of Longevity. So, yes, they appear to be rather leathery/fat/worn-but-vigorous 50-ish males. The way the published Realms has turned out, the careers of Mirt and Durnan have been sadly neglected, but you will see their present-day selves adventuring together in my tale in the forthcoming Realms of Dragons anthology (end of 2004, I believe)."

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2008 :  00:27:34  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message
If I may, I was wondering how people (elves specifically) of the Realms would say the phrase 'artistic license' when speaking about how bards like to change certain aspects of songs. Thanks so very much!

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document

Edited by - Penknight on 07 Feb 2008 00:56:26
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2008 :  01:52:11  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Apropos of buildings on bridges, I refer the interested to the movie Perfume.

I loved that movie (partly because I'm interested in perfume!) and the bridge question made me think of a certain scene.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2008 :  15:21:41  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. I bring Ed's latest replies, this time to Baleful Avatar:

Oh, yes, I remember that GenCon adventure very well. Her "jumping up out of the apples" move was a masterwork, although I'm sure she didn't intend that all of the villains would trip and fall on all the rolling apples for the instant she needed to get across the room and plunge her knife in. Well played, anyway.
And yes, I DID put on a dress and sing falsetto. I'm afraid those days are over (except up at my cottage), because buying and packing dresses my size is just too much of a hassle. :}
As for Mirt: as of right now, his fate remains unknown. Sorry.
Re. the Fireworks option: yes, it existed, and has lapsed (Fireworks was then owned by Canwest Global, a large Canadian television network, but was sold in the midst of their option-holding period, so [I believe] Plans Changed). As for the current existence or condition of any Realms TV projects or licences, I honestly have no idea. SOMEONE still holds the rights, but I have no idea if it's just Hasbro in the wake of the reversion, or if an IP-shopping-firm has "parked" them in its stable to see if any interest arises.
BTW: I have heard there is talk "out there" among gamers that Wizards have paid me some huge amount of money or other to "say nice things about the 4e Realms."
This is NOT true (though, if WotC brass read this and WANT to bury me in huge amounts of money, they should by all means feel free to do so. I LIKE being buried in huge amounts of money!). I have said nice things about the 4e Realms when I have been impressed by what I've seen of the future, not-yet-published design work. Truth.

So saith Ed. Who is busily writing future Realms stuff himself, I suspect.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Longtime Lurker
Seeker

51 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2008 :  18:37:25  Show Profile  Visit Longtime Lurker's Homepage Send Longtime Lurker a Private Message
Question for Ed: does Mirt have any children? (That he knows about. )
Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

A Gavel
Seeker

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2008 :  18:47:18  Show Profile  Visit A Gavel's Homepage Send A Gavel a Private Message
I, too, have a question to pose to Ed:
In Cormyr, to what extent do the War Wizards (or Highknights, or for that matter local Watch officers) actively keep a watch on known or suspected criminals?
Or to put it more clearly, is someone who was charged with a crime but not convicted ("suspected") or convicted, served sentence, and then was released ("known") subsequently spied upon by "the authorities"? I'm not speaking of traitors to the Crown (nobles plotting coups) here, but petty criminals (thieves, swindlers who replace goods with inferior copies or "doctor" wine or other valuables to increase volume and therefore sales, and fraudsters). Thank you for any answer you may furnish.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 86 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000