Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2008)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 86

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2008 :  20:53:11  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ladejarl

I was wondering if Ed have any details on the following temples(including specific NPC's): The Hospice of Deadsnows, The Hall of Grand Hunts, The Sword Grotto, Oaksong Tower, and The Gilded Hall of Glittering Gems.

One of the campaigns in my group featured the Deadsnows Abbey in detail... I could give you some of those details (such as NPC names) if you want to? (note: I am not the DM in that particular campaign, so I don't have any original campaign notes beyond those details written on my character sheet -- neither do I have any of the beautiful maps the DM had created).

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  00:37:14  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message
Oh, there is something else that I'm a bit curious about that perhaps Kuje or Lady Rinona can help me with. Is there a temple of Sune located anywhere in or near Silverymoon, and if there is, does it have a proper name? All of my books are currently away from me, and I can't remember at present rather or not I came across one in any sourcebook. And of course Lady Rinona, you read far more novels than I, and I would greatly value your thoughts as well. Thank you for your time, ladies and gentlemen.

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document

Edited by - Penknight on 08 Feb 2008 03:32:15
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  00:47:08  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

Oh, there is something else that I'm a bit curious about that perhaps Kuje or Lady Rinona can help me with. Is there a temple of SUne located anywhere in or near Silverymoon, and if there is, does it have a proper name? All of my books are currently away from me, and I can't remember at present rather or not I came across one in any sourcebook. And of course Lady Rinona, you read far more novels than I, and I would greatly value your thoughts as well. Thank you for your time, ladies and gentlemen.

The Dawndancer House, which is a shrine in Silverymoon of Sune that has glass windows. It's over seen by Shandalara Sindertal a tenth level human cleric that is often mistaken for a half-elf. Least that was her levels in 2e.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 08 Feb 2008 00:57:00
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  00:51:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
This really doesn't belong in Ed's scroll, but I'll answer it anyway.

There exists a shrine of Sune in Silverymoon -- Dawndancer House. It's referenced in most sources that focus on the North and Silverymoon in particular.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  00:57:19  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

This really doesn't belong in Ed's scroll, but I'll answer it anyway.

There exists a shrine of Sune in Silverymoon -- Dawndancer House. It's referenced in most sources that focus on the North and Silverymoon in particular.

Perhaps you're right, Sage. The only reason that I placed it here is because if one hadn't been stated in a sourcebook or novel, that Mr. Greenwood and Lady THO might get around to answering it. My deepest apologies for posing this query in this particular scroll, Master Sage.

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  01:32:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
No worries.

I certainly would be averse to Ed sharing anything he has on this, of course.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  02:27:04  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight
And of course Lady Rinona, you read far more novels than I, and I would greatly value your thoughts as well.

I just want to let you know--I'm very flattered. However, it looks like your question has already been answered.

I too would be interested on hearing Ed's thoughts on this (as I've fond of Sune, and Silverymoon).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 10 Feb 2008 22:22:49
Go to Top of Page

Karth
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  03:25:13  Show Profile  Visit Karth's Homepage Send Karth a Private Message
Howdy Ed and THO,

Been keeping silent because I had nothing that merited your attention and, as fate would have it, I still don't. Rather, I have a pretty basic question for you that I posted elsewhere in the forums but does not seem to be getting any response where it is. So I sheepishly bring it before you in the hope that, in the course of answering it (possibly while yawning), you will have an open-ended excuse to unfold related realmslore, heretofore unseen. *cheesy grin*

Here goes... *wince*

I'm trying to track down all of Azoun IV's official titles. I know I've seen them all listed somewhere, sometime, but can't seem to find the lore now, in my hour of great need.

By titles, I mean: 'His Royal Majesty, King Azoun IV, Protector of Tilverton, Victor of the Horde Incursions', etc, etc, etc, all the way down to 'High Shoveler of the Royal Dunghill', if that happens to be in there. It is the various etceteras that I am sorely lacking, and need the assistance of The Bearded Creator and his saucy archangel (succubus?) to guide me...

Thanks,

-Karth
Go to Top of Page

A Publishing Lackey
Seeker

74 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  16:00:53  Show Profile  Visit A Publishing Lackey's Homepage Send A Publishing Lackey a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
I'm trying to settle a question from a foreign book rep who is quite possibly confused because of transliteration (re. foreign-language translations of Ed's books).
Have any of Ed's Realms novels ever had "official" alternate/variant titles? (Not subtitles.)
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Helm
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  16:22:53  Show Profile  Visit Broken Helm's Homepage Send Broken Helm a Private Message
Hi again THO and Ed,
Another Realms lore question, this time regarding the Moonsea Ride.
If night catches a party of horsemen (adventurers) on the road, and they seek a roadside clearing to make camp, and find it already "full" of other encamped travellers, what's the existing custom or etiquette? Do they ride on, or struggle deeper into the forest to find room enough among the trees to camp but walk back to use the latrines, or. . .?
Thanks in advance!
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  16:35:35  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Hi Lovely Lady THO and Bearded Creator Ed,
A Neverwinter lore question this time.
I know there's no comprehensive map published of this city, but have you any neighborhood maps or simplified maps or, well, ANYTHING? I want to avoid computer game lore that I know is simplified at best. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  16:43:38  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
By a wild coincidence (this has nothing to do with Karth's question, really), I would like to find out all of Princess Alusair's full and formal official titles, as of now (when she's the Steel Regent).
And just to add spice, does she have any widely-used nicknames, polite or otherwise?
Thanks!
BB
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  17:13:42  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Dear Lady THO and Ed,
A question for you both: if you were running a Realms campaign in which passing time comes up to the end of the GRAND HISTORY tome, and you were going to follow the gods changes presented in that book, how soon (and how completely, and how fully) would "general public" knowledge of the events among the gods spread across Faerun? And how quickly or fully would they be believed? Or would there be lots of varying stories, and arguments as to what had REALLY happened?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  21:51:18  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message
Another question for Ed, if THO would be so kind:

Has the story of the Guardian Paramours, elven lovers who defied their respective families and became the first watchnorns dedicated to Cormanthyr rather than their own houses, ever been told at any length? If not, what can Ed tell us about the history of this pair?

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  01:54:16  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all. Re. A Publishing Lackey's question: "Dear Ed and THO,
I'm trying to settle a question from a foreign book rep who is quite possibly confused because of transliteration (re. foreign-language translations of Ed's books).
Have any of Ed's Realms novels ever had "official" alternate/variant titles? (Not subtitles.)
Thank you."
Ed replies:

So far as I know, the answer to that is: no. Not enough to confuse anything or have one title mistaken for another. Again, so far as I know. (My books have been translated into well over two dozen languages down the years, and I can't even begin to read most of them.) One of my players, Andrew Dewar, once reported to me (from Japan, where he was living) that the Japanese ads for the launch of the Realms, way back when, translated as: "Forgotten Realms: Naked Women With Swords!"
So the problem you allude to is QUITE possible.

So saith Ed. Who could probably say much more.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Sage of Stars
Seeker

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  01:58:36  Show Profile  Visit Sage of Stars's Homepage Send Sage of Stars a Private Message
Hello. I was wondering if Ed was ready yet to give us the slightest hint as to what Realms novels he might be writing (or thinking of writing) after the Knights trilogy is finished. If it's premature, I quite understand, but am more than willing to accept hints, broad or otherwise . . .
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  02:16:39  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. This just arrived from Ed, in response to Hoondatha’s query: “Got a sort of open-ended query (sorry) for Ed. Partially inspired by Mark Sehenstedt's Vil Adanrath (with some Black Wolf thrown in for good measure), my group's thinking of doing an all-lycanthrope campaign, with the idea being that an infected werewolf learned control from the lythari and returned to Faerun to find other lycanthropes and help them the way he was.
We tossed around the "how" for awhile, and finally came up with a travelling circus/minstrel group like you talked about last year, where everyone is secretly a lycanthrope. That would give them an excuse to wander, and it would be easier to talk new lycanthropes into joining the circus than, "Yes, come join this ragged pack that runs along the borders of civilisation."
My question is two-fold. First, how big, on average, are medium and large-sized troops of performers? We're thinking of making it a mixed troop, but at this point we're open to other ideas. The campaign will be starting somewhere along the northern shore of the Sea of Fallen Stars in the mid-1360's, if that makes a difference, though we may well be travelling all over the map.
Second, we were also thinking about adding the Harpers to this (because it wasn't complicated enough already). So, what use would they have for a travelling troop of performers of middling and increasing popularity that's already wandering all over? Obviously, carrying messages and smuggling things/people into/out of hot zones both come to mind, but I'm curious for more. Also, how would it differ if they were just Harper friends, as opposed to most of them being actual members?
Many thanks for everything you've done here at the Keep.”
Ed replies:

Well met again, Hoondatha! You’re very welcome, and the campaign idea sounds dandy. I’d say a medium-sized troupe of performers would be some sixty to eighty people (some of them bouncers and coin-takers and makeup folk, who go onstage only fleetingly, to provide “costumed crowds” for “allbeholdings” [=tableau] and other spectacles), and a large troupe would be more than eighty on up, topping out at around 140 max. The “low ends” of these numbers would be far more numerous (with most troupes in the mid-40s in total strength, with larger ones in the mid-60s).
Aside from the obvious acrobatic, acting, and allbeholding “acts,” attractions usually include nude wrestling (both genders, but against those of same gender), monster-taming acts, jesters, jugglers, fortune tellers, and sellers of confections and “luck pieces” who tell amusing or scary tales, and the like).
As for Harper uses in addition to those you’ve already thought of: everyday advice as to who and what to watch out for (fortune teller passes this on as part of her spiel), dispensing medicines, poison antidotes, daggers, help in disguises and providing “doubles,” teams of “take care of your nasty little troubles for you” if you are poor or weak or alone and are facing a wealthier or more numerous foe who has advantages over you (your guildmaster, perhaps, or the head of the local Watch); the team “set things to rights.” This will make it popular with local downtrodden everywhere. (Also: the troupe checks coins for value and authenticity, does a sort of “Antiques Roadshow” service for owned items, tells questioners who is the expert on this matter or the best priest for that (and where to find them, sometimes even furnishing letters of invitation or passwords), and examines contracts and agreements to explain them fully to the illiterate or just bewildered.) Obviously, Harper friends will tend to stick to the less adventurous and more legal services, whilst “real” Harpers will tend to be more active or violent or actually striking out against corrupt authority.
I hope this bare start is some help to you.

So saith Ed. Who smilingly remembers you from the con in Ann Arbor, and hopes you can find SOMETHING that excites and inspires in the 4e Realms (even if you just peek at new tomes owned by others).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  05:28:34  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
Ed's memory always amazes me. I had a great time at UCon, and I still refer to the audio recordings I made of his seminars, as they're both greatly informative and hilariously funny.

Thanks for all the ideas, that really gets the mind working. Some of the more legal ones I wouldn't have thought of; it'll make a nice change of pace for my players. The basic plot of the campaign will also make for a great surprise the first time a group of bandits tries to take on a troop of 40+ who all turn out to be lycanthropes. Now that's a fun image. As is the idea of a "lion tamer" act where the tamer is one PC, and the lion another.

And as sea-folk say, even the worst storm throws some driftwood up on the beach. I'll be reading the 4e Realms book, though at this moment I can't imagine that I'd actually buy it. Still, we're all creative people, and sometimes it's the smallest things that set off great ideas.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  21:35:22  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
Mr. Greenwood,

I hear a lot about the games that you run, but I've been wondering if you also enjoy rolling up a PC and letting someone else provide expository. If so, what sort of character do you like to play? In addition, do you enjoy games that take place in settings other than Forgotten Realms, and if you do, which ones?

Oh, and THO, same question if you have the time

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  23:25:08  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Helm

Hi again THO and Ed,
Another Realms lore question, this time regarding the Moonsea Ride.
If night catches a party of horsemen (adventurers) on the road, and they seek a roadside clearing to make camp, and find it already "full" of other encamped travellers, what's the existing custom or etiquette? Do they ride on, or struggle deeper into the forest to find room enough among the trees to camp but walk back to use the latrines, or. . .?
Thanks in advance!

I second the question, and amend it to a question regarding several different regions, since I'm sure custom varies from one land to another.

Eldath must be whispering to me, too, because I wonder where (if anywhere) there is a custom of not attacking one's enemies if they are encamped -- a sort of "truce until sunrise" (or sunset for some races)?

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  23:37:10  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
The only one I remember is in the Moonshae deluxe book. IIRC, it was a tradition that fire be shared at night, even between enemies, but I don't remember the exact details.

I know I also asked a similar question, though focused more on elves and dwarves and how they annouce their presence to a campfire, a couple of years ago, but you'll have to search Kuje's files to find it.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.

Edited by - Hoondatha on 10 Feb 2008 23:37:55
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  04:37:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
My Lady Hooded One, I just sent you an email. I will understand if it can't be answered quickly (in which case I'll wing it), but I hope Ed can reply soon.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  05:03:07  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello, all. I bring a variety of Ed answers this time, to several queries from as many scribes.
First, to this from Purple Dragon Knight: “When you mention poor, overworked Ed chained to his keyboard....What is said keyboard attached to? As in what does he currently do his writing on? Typewriter, Word Processor, PC? Thank you Milady!”
Ed replies:

I write on a variety of Mac computers, thanks to TSR sending me a Mac II way back when (it was my “advance” for writing SPELLFIRE, though it arrived too late for me toactually write that novel on).
I vastly prefer writing in Word 5.1a for the Mac, but that program won’t run on Mac OS versions newer than a certain flavour of OS 9, and Wizards is using far more modern versions of Word that I sometimes sigh and surrender to, for certain projects (it’s hard to edit when you can’t even tell editorial comments or tracking is there, let alone READ what’s been done).

That leads rather logically into this query, from maransreth: “When the Grey Box was released communication and technology is a LOT different to what it is today. How has the changes in technology and communication affected the way you work? For example in the "olden days" letters and long communique was the norm. Now virtually nothing is sent by snail mail unless required.
Do you still send information to Wizards and other publishers by paper, or do you send them through email? Just curious.”
Ed replies:

Maps, illustrations, and diagrams usually still get sent as hard copy, usually via FedEx (and some of my other book publishers still deal in physical copies only, couriered back and forth because mail just takes too long or gets lost too often), because faxes are usually far too poor in quality to be used. However, sometimes I can send scans [though I recently encountered some horrible photo scanning software for my wife’s all-in-one scanner/coper/printer that warned me that if tried to scan an 8.5 x 11 –inch piece of paper at the highest resolution, in colour, the file would be 42 TERABYTES in size; my old Agfa Mac scanner can do the same thing and just touch 1 MB!]. All text files now shoot back and forth via e-mail attachments, though sometimes galley proofs still show up in physical form.
And on one memorable occasion, I hand delivered a MS to a publisher, and got kisses and lunch with my editrix as a reward. :}

So saith Ed. Who has also sent along an answer to this question from Sage of Stars: “Hello. I was wondering if Ed was ready yet to give us the slightest hint as to what Realms novels he might be writing (or thinking of writing) after the Knights trilogy is finished. If it's premature, I quite understand, but am more than willing to accept hints, broad or otherwise . . .”
Ed replies:

I’m sorry, but NOTHING has yet been firmly decided, so professional ethics and NDAs prevent me from saying anything. As I know, being in the field, you’ll understand. Hint: I would love to write many, many more Realms stories, and have a lot of untold tales I’d love to tell, but am intensely interested in the future, not just the past. There; cryptic enough for you? :}

So saith Ed. Who still has energy enough to respond to this, from GoCeraf: “Mr. Greenwood, I hear a lot about the games that you run, but I've been wondering if you also enjoy rolling up a PC and letting someone else provide expository. If so, what sort of character do you like to play? In addition, do you enjoy games that take place in settings other than Forgotten Realms, and if you do, which ones?
Oh, and THO, same question if you have the time.”
Ed replies:

I do indeed enjoy playing PCs rather than just DMing. Character class doesn’t matter much to me (other than cases where I haven’t mastered details of character powers or prestige class details, particularly where I think a DM will key an adventure to my use of them; I hate “not knowing my character”). What does matter to me is opportunities to roleplay; that is, meaty acting details and the chance to use them. Winning has never mattered to me in any game play, but I heartily dislike DMs who enjoy killing off PCs, particularly for no good reason. As for settings, my favourites include Call of Cthulhu, Metamorphosis Alpha, and Paranoia. I am not a fan of other “grim” settings, like Shadowrun, unless the GM crafts a scenario that allows PC hope and achievement.

And here’s MY reply to the same question:
I enjoy all settings except urban grit, and all character classes, especially bards and wizards (in a use-copious-magic scenario). The flirtatiousness I display here at the Keep is something I like to put into my PCs, too (unless I’m playing with folks it will upset). So, purr, the lady in your lap at the gaming table is apt to be me . . .

Ahem. That’s all for now, folks!
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

lordhobie
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  15:00:49  Show Profile  Visit lordhobie's Homepage Send lordhobie a Private Message
Well met, Ed and THO!

Regarding the topic of 'childhood bugaboos:' given that the Realms is chock full of 'real' monsters who would scare the wits if not the life out of many adults, what 'night-time monsters' do parents of the Realms cajole or threaten with? I seem to recall that the Night Serpent was known to be invoked for such purposes, but wondered if there were others...

Lord Hobie
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  16:22:01  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello, all.
Wooly, Ed has come through; there's an e-mail wending its way to you now.

lordhobie, there are LOTS of local "bugaboos," plus faith-related ones. Ed will furnish you with a proper lore reply in the fullness of time, but I can recall The Haunted Helm (empty, floating/flying helm) in Cormyr, and the ghost of a dead local ruler, the Baron of Blacksaddle, in the Border Kingdoms (see p 134 and 135 of POWER OF FAERUN).

love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  17:21:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hello, all.
Wooly, Ed has come through; there's an e-mail wending its way to you now.

I received the reply; my thanks to both you and Ed for its swiftness, and to him for providing the lore on such short notice!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  19:50:42  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
Timely and... intimidating, as always, THO. Thank you, and please extend my thanks to Mr. Greenwood, along with another query, if you please.

What's your opinion of the psionic character? I don't necessarily mean how you feel about it as a game mechanic (although I'd be interested to hear that, as well), but more as a concept. Do you think it's something that belongs in the Realms?

Again, THO, if you have an insight, I'd welcome hearing from you, as well.

All the best.

Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  20:08:29  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GoCeraf

What's your opinion of the psionic character? Do you think it's something that belongs in the Realms?

Psionics is part of the Realms - we know that at least two of the Knights of Myth Drannor have powers (Illystil and Merith).

cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2008 :  20:18:39  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
While I appreciate the input, craze, that's not exactly what I was asking.

Still, thanks for the information.

Go to Top of Page

darksongknight
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2008 :  20:54:51  Show Profile  Visit darksongknight's Homepage Send darksongknight a Private Message
Hello Dear Ed and Lady Tho, I have a series of questions concerning Silverymoon, it's residents, and fashion.

Back in November of 2006, Ed gave details about the clothing that women wear that is considered high fashion in Silverymoon and Waterdeep, and how much they would cost. I was wondering if Ed might comment on what high fashion for males (specifically, elves) in Silverymoon is. What does the elven nobility often wear, and are there any fashions that began with/came from the elves? Are there any identifying types of clothing that would "mark" one as part of the elven upper-class?

On another note, what kind of fashions does Lady Alustriel take part in? Is there a style of dress that she favors over others? For example, if PC's encountered her while spending an evening strolling about Silverymoon, what would she likely be wearing? Also, what are some of her personal hobbies that she enjoys? If a PC is an admirer (and I imagine Alustriel has more than a few, of many types, as both a beloved leader and a wise and beautiful woman) and wished to give her a gift, what would be something she would like?

I'd be delighted with any information you could provide on these subjects. :D
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 86 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000