Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2008)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 86

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  19:09:07  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
Spells stilled, everyone:

Has Ed ever done anything with the Queen of Air and Darkness, or write up
the Black Diamond, or create a comprehensive list of the gods of
humanoid creatures, or did he use the Monster Mythology (one of my favorites).
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  19:31:31  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Spells stilled, everyone:

Has Ed ever done anything with the Queen of Air and Darkness, or write up
the Black Diamond, or create a comprehensive list of the gods of
humanoid creatures, or did he use the Monster Mythology (one of my favorites).

Oh my! I love the Queen of Air and Darkness. I too would be interested to hear of any significant dealings that she has had in Faerun.
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  20:22:28  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Uhhh, I'm drawing a blank. Where in D&D rulebooks is thr Queen of Air and Darkness written up, please? Someone?
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  21:43:17  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
Spells stilled, Malcolm.

Dragon 359 and Monster Mythology, 2nd edition. Possibly a refence in one of the
old Monster Compendium, I know not, for I sold mine own years
ago on Ebay.

Edited by - althen artren on 08 Jul 2008 23:49:17
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  23:47:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
I just want to point out that I know of one outstanding question I asked a long while ago (about Harrowsmouth, I believe)--it's not crucial to answer it now.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  01:20:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm

Uhhh, I'm drawing a blank. Where in D&D rulebooks is thr Queen of Air and Darkness written up, please? Someone?

In addition to the sources mentioned by Althen, see On Hallowed Ground also.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  03:29:02  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
A little zzar wrestling at the Roaring Dragon House, eh?
I'll be there. And I'll confine myself to wearing some boots, a cloak, and a smile . . . being as the first two will soon have to come off.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Brother Accam
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  06:44:33  Show Profile  Visit Brother Accam's Homepage Send Brother Accam a Private Message
While that does sound tempting, I think I'd just want to participate in a friendly game of 'throwknife' instead. It's safer.

'Too much time spent in stuffy rooms reading old books written by dead men.'
-- Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  08:59:29  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

I'll be there. And I'll confine myself to wearing some boots, a cloak, and a smile . . . being as the first two will soon have to come off.
love,
THO

Jesus!
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  10:39:23  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

quote:

love,
THO

Jesus!

Please adress a more appropriate divine entity when voicing your concern hereabouts!

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  11:09:20  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
Well met, all!

I've recalled two more queries which I asked Ed, and whose answer I would appreciate soon.

The first was whether or not there was anything on Toril comparable to the Sorceous Network spell of the Conan RPG, which tries to emulate the passage in Hour of the Dragon in which the Stygian priest relates how he learned that the Heart of Ahriman was again in the world. Basically, it's a semi-sentient information network which knowledgeable magicians may tap into to learn of the major events in the world, especially arcane matters; birds, bats, and various "monsters" would provide omens with their screeches and howls, trees by the rustling of their leaves, the wind by its temperature and its direction, mountains by groaning -- you get the idea, a veritable primeval internet....

The second was whether or not there was a Realms counterpart to Wicca, in which the participants worship one male and one female deity, and if so, who would they be on Toril, or might they finally be the abstract concepts which can fuel spells, as on Oerth/the-rest-of-D&D, in which priests and druids can obtain spells from something other than a powerful outsider? (I know that's blasphemous, but given what is about to happen, it's a rather tame suggestion, I think. IMO.)

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Edited by - Jamallo Kreen on 09 Jul 2008 11:17:52
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  14:43:47  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

quote:

love,
THO

Jesus!

Please adress a more appropriate divine entity when voicing your concern hereabouts!

Since El, Khelben and others have visited earth....he would be appropos

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

dfemling
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  19:28:07  Show Profile  Visit dfemling's Homepage Send dfemling a Private Message
Good day Sir Ed and The Lady of the Hood, I have another quick one regarding the Clone of Manshoon found with Halaster. Does he have any "pets" like the original Manshoon had his lizard...um dragon? Thank you for your time and take care!
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  22:14:25  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
If I had to go with one questioned answered it would be in Ed's mind the reason the trolls still live within the trollbark Forest and mountains, why haven't druidic orders, adventurers cleansed these regions of the Everlasting? Just how formidable are these trolls and how organized?

Time period I'm seeking is late 1372 early 1373.

Ed you could answer in one of those "it could be due to or could be because this factor or that factor" and I'll do my best to fill in the rest if NDA possible problem.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  22:53:25  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Heya Ed,

I was wondering, if possible, if you could supply some details, besides the few minor details I've found in Volo's Guide, the box sets, the FRCS, etc, about the Reaching Forest. This one, if possible, could be a asap post. :)

Not sure what I'm after exactly though because the details are slim about this forest. So, anything would be better then the few pieces of info I've managed to find.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Broken Helm
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  02:20:10  Show Profile  Visit Broken Helm's Homepage Send Broken Helm a Private Message
Okay, I'll bite: where is the Reaching Forest?
I know where the River Reaching is, but . . . ?
Kuje?
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  02:25:32  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Yeah I'm recalling Reaching Woods for some reason., Is it one near Scornubel?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  04:29:43  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Aye, I meant the Reaching Woods and I wrote forest instead. :) Sorry. The one near Berdusk.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  20:06:45  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
I have a question concerning Anchorome - I understand what Ed's original was like (just a series of Island/dungeons), but I was wondering if he could provide me with ANYTHING about the place now that it is a continent (if it still is a continent - a question I'm sure he can't answer, so I'm keeping this pre-4e).

I was planning on using the topography from This Guy's Page (it's the last one listed), and was wondering if that suits Ed's ideas for the place, or does he have something entirely different in mind?

There was some speculation early-on that Ed was going to be covering Anchorome in some depth in the 4e FRCG, but now it appears he did "Maztica Replacement" instead. Did he ever write anything concerning what was there, that wasn't used? Weather he did or didn't, could he possibly tell us what kind of things we are likely to find there, or at least a little something about the geography?

quote:
Originally posted by Na-Gang

Oh my! I love the Queen of Air and Darkness. I too would be interested to hear of any significant dealings that she has had in Faerun.
Gray and I discussed the possibilities (quite awhile ago) that the incident of the Black Diamond actually TOOK PLACE ON TORIL, considering the Fey were native to Toril first, before they obviously spread to the Feywild and the rest of the universe. In fact, we hypothesized that it was that very incident that drove them to abandon Toril FOR the Feywild (Faerie).

I had picked-out the Hanya-Maut Plateau (in SE Kara-Tur) as a good place for Ladinion, because it is extremely close to the place Dwarves originated from in the Realms (the Yehimals), and it is a blasted wasteland since as far back as anyone remembers (it was NOT caused by the explosion that destroyed Tempat-Larang).

I believe Gray Richardson preferred a more northerly location (still in kara-Tur), but I don't remember exactly where he had in mind (the Quoya was once fertile, ergo it could not have been the place that was left barren by the Black Diamond). Perhaps the Ama Basin, linking the Fey to the mysterious Maraloi?

Either way, we both agreed that the original 'spirits, or 'kami', of K-T were in fact the same as the Fey Creator Race - there's quite a bit of evidence to support that part of the continent as the Fey's area of origin.

Note: Spirit-Folk are NOT Kami/Fey, because they are the human crossbreed decendents of that race, and therefore FAR less powerful.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 15 Jul 2008 02:11:28
Go to Top of Page

BlackMoria
Acolyte

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  20:49:23  Show Profile  Visit BlackMoria's Homepage Send BlackMoria a Private Message
The "Whispering Crown" (from Best of the Realms Vol 2) was buried by the power of Mystra beneath tons of rocks. Has the 'Crown' resurfaced in any fashion since the events of that story, as in, used by Mystra to aid another mage or being found (after much excavation, intentional or otherwise?

If so, what details can be provided of the circumstances of the re-emergence of the Whispering Crown?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  22:22:36  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all! BlackMoria, you have launched a query that hurtled straight into the bright, shiny unyieldingness of a new NDA.
1. Congratulations!
2. Sorry. Sigh.
3. Well, you can infer the obvious from this, of course: that the Crown has, or will, resurface in the Realms in some fashion at some time, and that you and all readers of Realms fiction might in time to come read about it.
You made Ed grin. Quoth he:

"They read my thoughts, I know they do!
Proof positive, once more!

Heh. So saith Ed.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  22:58:29  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
With Eilistraee and Qilué Veladorn apparently dead have any of the NDAs been released yet?

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  23:35:02  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

With Eilistraee and Qilué Veladorn apparently dead have any of the NDAs been released yet?

So, uh, hey.

S'Been like, a month since that book came out. Some may not have read it. Some may have had that part spoiled. In other words, spoiler warnings MIGHT have been a courtesy to consider.

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  23:50:11  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message
Greetings Ed and THO,

With the revealing of another NDA, I am reminded of a question that another scribe and I were discussing at one point. With all the massive changes, and the time jump in store for 4e, will that allow some of the old NDA's still in force to be revoked? Or will they stay in force, just in case an author is allowed to write a 'historical' novel at some point in time?

Thank You!

~Kes

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  00:29:54  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

Greetings Ed and THO,

With the revealing of another NDA, I am reminded of a question that another scribe and I were discussing at one point. With all the massive changes, and the time jump in store for 4e, will that allow some of the old NDA's still in force to be revoked? Or will they stay in force, just in case an author is allowed to write a 'historical' novel at some point in time?

I understand that NDAs are only lifted when they're explicitly lifted. So until Ed gets the all clear from the legal minds at WotC/Hasbro, they're all still firmly in place... Unfortunately.

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  01:17:00  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message
Hey Ed:) Well met:P

Just a.......well, not so quick question.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10920&whichpage=5

Currently, we are discussing powerful Spellcasters. Larloch, etc, and the story Tears so white came up.

Larloch acts visibly afraid of Storm when she advances with Silverfire, and I personally maintain that this was a placating act on his part to show he meant no harm, etc.

My reasoning being, Even if she smoked him with Silverfire, he would simply return to his Phylactery safely within whatever crazy pocket Dimension he hid it in and he truly had nothing to fear permanently.

etc

Ill just cut and paste some of the conversation:

quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

After reading "Tears so white", it seems that the Sisters think Larloch has no protection against Silver fire and that Silver fire would be the end all of any fight with Larloch?

They assume nobody, not even Larloch, could make any sort of Barrier against Silver fire because it is unblockable, and that it would destroy him if it touched him.

Ill assume this story was set before Blackstaff and 4 of the Sisters fought Telamont Tanthul in the city of Shade and learned that Lord Shadow was capable of raising a spell shield powerful enough to block silverfire.

In any case, Larloch literally walked right up to Storm as she was channelling silverfire in her hand and stuck his face close enough to sniff it. Hardly the actions of a man afraid of the stuff, despite what they think.

I also don't understand why they think it would destroy him. Nothing short of taking out his Phylactery can destroy him, and Larloch has aranged matters so that his spirit takes over one of his dominated liches instead of going back to his phylactery for a day anyways.

I think you need to re-read the last three pages or so. As Storm steps towards him with the silver fire he steps back not once, but twice before finally holding his ground. Only after it becomes apparent Storm is not threatening him with does lean forward to lust after the thing he cannot have. That is part of what makes him so dangerous, he is Ultra-Powerful , but not too arrogant to realize his weakness.

Oh I don't deny he probably would not want his form destroyed and that is why he was backing off(Losing his items such as his 25 Ioun stones), but the fact is, he cannot be truly killed unless they destroy his phylactery, and if destroyed he would simply be soul transported into one of his bound liches instead of his phylactery, fully capable of instantly fighting again. He was in no immediate true danger of being wiped out.

Nobody is going to try to go into the Warlock's keep fighting 60 high level liches and 3 Demi liches + the Ultra lich himself to get his Phylactery. Not unless they are suicidal.

How much of his "fear" was simple posturing to declare he was no enemy? Looking at it logically, he really was in no immediate true danger. If that even was the true Larloch. Remember Ed Greenwood himself also said if he was ever to have a situation where Larloch was to interact and fight, and possibly lose, the character would find they only destroyed one of his controlled puppet liches.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Ill assume this story was set before Blackstaff and 4 of the Sisters fought Telamont Tanthul in the city of Shade and learned that Lord Shadow was capable of raising a spell shield powerful enough to block silverfire.

The story was set in the summer (I believe) of 1374 DR. That's definitely after the Shade debacle, but a few months before Blackstaff.

Well, weird then. Its been proven that extremely powerful Archwizards like Telamont Tanthul could spell shield Silverfire(Return of the Archwizards book 3. Tanthul spell shields a silverfire blast from Khelben Blackstaff)

Seems off that the sisters would overlook that Larloch is powerful enough to shield from Silverfire, or that a Lich cannot be destroyed short of taking out his phylactery. He really was in no true Danger, yet all parties seemed to act as if it was otherwise.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ShadezofDis

quote:
Well, weird then. Its been proven that extremely powerful Archwizards like Telamont Tanthul could spell shield Silverfire(Return of the Archwizards book 3. Tanthul spell shields a silverfire blast from Khelben Blackstaff)

Seems off that the sisters would overlook that Larloch is powerful enough to shield from Silverfire, or that a Lich cannot be destroyed short of taking out his phylactery. He really was in no true Danger, yet all parties seemed to act as if it was otherwise.

I'm not going to get into the Shades, don't know much about them and care less.

But, as for Silverfire destroying Larloch, I don't find it implausible that Silverfire would devour his soul, along with his body. Doesn't mean that it would happen, just saying it's not impossible. Silverfire is the essence of the Weave and is quite versatile in it's uses.

I have read almost every single DnD sourcebook and never have I seen anything that even implies Silverfire has the power to obliterate souls. Its section indicates that it delivers tremendous damage to any being struck by it, and details all of its other powers.

In his profile in Lords of Darkness, it states that Larloch has silver vulnerability and takes double damage from Silverfire and the like, but nowhere does it state that it can obliterate souls. Among other things, he has a quickened teleport and time stop contingency cast upon himself which would instantly move him to his sanctuary if he was harmed badly enough.

We can Ask Ed greenwood I guess. Where is this section you speak of walker?

Lol. So I guess in the end, What i am asking is, Could Storm have obliterated his Soul on the spot, despite usual lich Soul returning to Phylactery stuff(Or to another lich of his), Contingency spells teleporting him away, etc? Did he have genuine reason to immediately fear for his existence other than making powerful enemies of several Chosen who could together pose a greater threat??

Sorry about the long add ons and Quotes. Its just a weird question. It bothered me that Larloch the Ultra Lich would show fear to Storm, who a Manshoon clone could handle if she didn;t have Elminsters help(Spellfire book 2 seems to indicate that Storm thinks she would not match up well vs Manshoon without El's help)
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  04:53:31  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

My campaign recently jumped from my current home brewed world to Faerun (through the backlash of a portal being destroyed), and as such I've been doing a bit of reading up on certain places and people... Unsurprisingly, they're headed for Cormyr next.

I was just reading the Dhedluk entry in Volo's Guide to Cormyr where I came across the Women of the Woods. What additional information can you reveal about them? I'm also curious about whether or not they ever butt heads with the High Hunt (for example, if the current victim being hunted is a woman). Volo suggests that the leader of the Women of the Woods, Vandara "the Vixen" Thulont, is one of Azoun's many bastards, and Elminster in a footnote acknowledges this with a wink - can you reveal if it is actually true? Or have I found yet another NDA?

This organisation is likely to come up in the campaign very soon (within a fortnight at this point!) - the group is going to end up in Dhedluk following clues regarding the High Hunt (the party is a bunch of meddlers, who usually get into things over their heads but somehow still manage to land on their feet. I think they'll give the Harpers a run for their money by the time they're through with Faerun!). Anyway, the plan is that the victim is a female noble from Immersea (I'm thinking one of the Thunderswords?) - so maybe they might run across the Women of the Woods.

Speaking of which, anyone know where I might find more detailed information about the Thunderswords and the Wyvernspurs? Also, the entire Cormaeril family was exiled, right? So they no longer have holdings in Immersea?

Edit: I just realized how incredibly broad and unspecific I was in my questions just now, so here are a few I would mind getting answers for in regards to the Women of the Wood...

1) What role, if any, did they play in the war with the Devil Dragon? How much attrition did they suffer, if at all? And did the Ghazneth decide to feast on their highly magical headquarters (according to Volo, they made their home in the ruins of Meliyekur's Magical Museum - which I would imagine would have provided the Ghazneth with magical nourishment)?

2) If the Women of the Wood still survive in the current pre-spellplague timeline, what do they think of the current arrangement of the Crown - do they approve of Alusair as Steel Regent, or do they think she should be Queen? If so, what steps are they likely to take to ensure this comes to be (if any)?

3) What does Alusair think of the Women of the Woods, if she knows of them? Vangerdahast was watching and harrying the Women of the Wood, does Caladnei continue this policy?

4) What kind of numbers do the Women of the Wood have? Do they regularly get new women joining? If so, do the Women just accept any girl or woman who comes to them, or must they meet some criteria?

5) What kind of policy do they have regarding male children of members? Are members likely to leave the Women in order to raise their sons?

6) How likely is it that the organization will survive the 100 year jump into the 4th Ed time line?

I could probably come up with more questions, and plainly some of them are just questions that interest me rather than anything that is going to come up in my campaign - particularly the the last two.

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.

Edited by - Zandilar on 11 Jul 2008 06:00:08
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  22:30:34  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
Quick question:

Of the different player races we might see in the realms (Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Drow, Elf, Halfling, Tiefling, Half-elf and Genasi), which ones would have freckles? If not, do they have something like freckles in their physical make up?

Thanks,

HV

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2008 :  00:42:30  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, fellow scribes.
As it happens, I can answer Foxhelms’ question right away, with a quote from Ed, thanks to one of us players asking him much the same thing:

Humans, halflings, half-elves, gnomes, and tieflings can all have freckles (it’s rare in all of these except halflings), and there are freckle-like conditions created by the scarring of some diseases (akin to old “pox” scars in our real world) that can afflict almost all races.

So saith Ed. Who should be sending me a longer Realmslore reply soon. He promised.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2008 :  04:12:30  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Hi, Ed and THO.
A question: do War Wizards ever police Suzail or Arabel or Marsember in disguise, to assist the Watch (as spies, I mean, not as part of Watch patrols)?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 86 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000