Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Elaith Craulnober & Amnestria's child...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  17:45:32  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Reading through Evermeet Island of Elves this time, raised several questions. Page 461-462 Lamruil and Amnestria talk about the child she is going to have; a Craulnober heir to the Moonblade... On page 480 Lamruil tells Kymil Nimesin of this heir. I know in one of Elaine Cunningham's books we are told that Elaith is re-united with a daughter he did not know he had... Is this the same child? I can not remember which book it is in... Dream Spheres? I cannot seem to locate my early Arilyn books at the moment.

ShadowJack

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  17:53:07  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope. His daughter Aziriah was borne by a gold elf mistress that he had at one point in time. He doesn't know that Amnestria had his child . . . yet.

Which is interesting, given that Evermeet is a collection of material that Danilo ferreted out from various sources, so he knows, as does Khelben.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  18:40:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping this will be a topic revisited in Reclamation, when it comes out.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  18:52:19  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am way out of touch with the Realms. (I have been sulking...)What is Reclamation?

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  19:06:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowJack

I am way out of touch with the Realms. (I have been sulking...)What is Reclamation?

Elaine's next, and probably last, Arilyn novel.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 27 Nov 2007 19:07:20
Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  20:23:18  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clearly, Elaith's child by Amnestria will meet Azariah, and they'll fall in love without knowing about each other's parentage. Azariah will get pregnant, and then they both commit suicide.

Oh, wait, FR, not the Kalevala, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2007 :  18:45:27  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't remember which Realms of ... novel it was, but one of them has a short story about Elaith apprenticing his daughter to Arilyn. Or maybe my memory is just faulty.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2007 :  23:02:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

I don't remember which Realms of ... novel it was, but one of them has a short story about Elaith apprenticing his daughter to Arilyn. Or maybe my memory is just faulty.

I think you're talking about the story that was in Realms of Infamy (I think "The More Things Change"). Although, the story wasn't about Arilyn being Azariah's teacher--it's just that there was a scene at the end where such a relationship is established.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  21:35:21  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Nope. His daughter Aziriah was borne by a gold elf mistress that he had at one point in time. He doesn't know that Amnestria had his child . . . yet.

Which is interesting, given that Evermeet is a collection of material that Danilo ferreted out from various sources, so he knows, as does Khelben.

The golf elf mistress you speak of is Kaliawen Dawnstar =)

Edited by - AlorinDawn on 29 Nov 2007 21:35:38
Go to Top of Page

Veldrin Laervain
Acolyte

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2007 :  20:30:08  Show Profile  Visit Veldrin Laervain's Homepage Send Veldrin Laervain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can hardly wait to put my hand on all these novel, (cross finger) make them translate these books soon.... make them translate these books soon

Destiny is as great as our choice.
A situation will always have two side, a bad and a good.
May the song of the Dark Maiden guide the step of your life's dance
Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2007 :  22:27:31  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Veldrin _Laftria

I can hardly wait to put my hand on all these novel, (cross finger) make them translate these books soon.... make them translate these books soon

Your English seems more than functional and these novels aren't difficult; why not try reading them in English?
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2007 :  22:39:13  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karzak

quote:
Originally posted by Veldrin _Laftria

Your English seems more than functional and these novels aren't difficult; why not try reading them in English?

And Veldrin _Laftria has to know that the French version are cheap summary of the real novels. Can you imagine that the French translation(!) is sometimes a lot shorther than the English original version !

Edited by - Skeptic on 01 Dec 2007 00:15:42
Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2007 :  22:48:01  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is "traduction" a French word for "translation"? I keep seeing French speakers use it in this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2007 :  00:17:26  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karzak

Is "traduction" a French word for "translation"? I keep seeing French speakers use it in this forum.

Yeah, and it sounds in a way that French speaker can forgot that it doesn't exists in English. (Don't forget that many hundreds words are spelled the same way in both languages).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000