Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 A Moment with Alusair
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  15:48:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just noticed this update on the Wizards site...

A Moment With Alusair

'Tis a bit of omitted text from Swords of Dragonfire -- an interview with a 14 year old Princess Alusair, about the Knights.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  15:58:26  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the good link, Oh Brave Hamster of the Many Links!!!

Alusairīs answer of the third question is simply marvelous..

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  16:04:45  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I, for one, very much appreciate this snippet of lore for a number of reasons. Greatest among them is that, for once, we get to see Alusair's intellect, ability to read people, and biting wit. Too often, we only get to see the echoes of her father's lust and battle-skill, and it is comforting to witness, for once, some of Filfaeril on young Alessa, too.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  20:42:12  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And my question is...who was transcribing the interview?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  21:17:21  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elminster, of course.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  22:01:59  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol. My, that was quite entertaining!

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  22:08:20  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh! It will be interesting if Zeboaster was transcribing the interview, donīt you think?

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  23:49:58  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Elminster, of course.
love,
THO

So why did the text cut off? Who did that? And why did they let us see all the preceding text?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 21 Nov 2007 23:50:24
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2007 :  04:36:43  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Elminster, of course.
love,
THO

So why did the text cut off? Who did that? And why did they let us see all the preceding text?

I think it was Laspeera

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2007 :  18:48:16  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that was good! I've long liked Ally, and part of me wishes she could have been more than just regent of Cormyr. I think she wouldhave made for a good Queen. (Though I've no doubt, if she heard me say that, she'd give me several pungent observations about both myself and the Cormyrian throne, probably punctuated with a swiftly-applied boot to the backside...)

Hmm, I wonder -- after little Azoun come of age, what will Alusair herself do? Stay on as a commander in the Dragons, leave for more sword-swinging fun, or what?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2007 :  19:01:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

Hmm, I wonder -- after little Azoun come of age, what will Alusair herself do? Stay on as a commander in the Dragons, leave for more sword-swinging fun, or what?

I think that after everything that has happened, Alusair will dearly want to return to her former life -- but will not. Having been Regent for several years means she was running the kingdom. Thus, even after she steps down, she'll still be strongly associated with the throne for a lot of people -- particularly, other nations and power groups. I think she'll remain in some high position, possibly some sort of military advisor, or maybe in command of an important section of the Purple Dragons, if not in full command overall.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2007 :  19:24:54  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you, Wooly. In the Dragon article, After the Dragon, Ed says that Alusair is the best battlemaster in the realm of the purple dragon. This will put her in a great position of command within the Purple Dragons - the highest one, IMO.

Go to Top of Page

Agnitio Veridicus
Acolyte

13 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2007 :  21:31:53  Show Profile  Visit Agnitio Veridicus's Homepage Send Agnitio Veridicus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I just noticed this update on the Wizards site...

A Moment With Alusair

'Tis a bit of omitted text from Swords of Dragonfire -- an interview with a 14 year old Princess Alusair, about the Knights.

Thank you for this. I really wanted to read it, but the link from here [http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/959857200] would not work. Glad to see you found a working one.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2007 :  23:29:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Odd... It's almost the same link... The only difference is that the working one is "ww2", and the dead one is "www".

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000