Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 WoTC Summer Schedule
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  01:57:51  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
With thanks to Thalmin, over at EnWorld.

----------------------------------------------

Roleplaying Games
May
H1 Keep on the Shadowfell A D&D adventure by Bruce R. Cordell and Mike Mearls
The town of Winterhaven stands watch over a ruined keep that once served as a bastion of good in the realm. This keep overlooks the Shadow Rift, a dark scar in the world that was once a gateway to the Shadowfell but has been dormant for many years. Now, an evil cleric of Orcus, Demon Lord of the Undead, seeks to re-open the gate, and the only thing standing in his wayis a small yet determined band of heroes.
Keep on the Shadowfell is an exciting Dungeons & Dragons adventure designed for characters of levels 1-3. It includes three double-sided poster maps suitable for use with D&D miniatures.
May 20, 2008 Non-Traditional format (folio?) 96 pages, $29.95

Threats of the Galaxy A Star Wars Roleplaying Game Supplement by Robert J. Schwalb and Rodney Thompson
This beautifully illustrated book gives Gamemasters ready-to-play game statistics, tactics, and encounter ideas for more than 140 creatures, droids, and characters from the Star Wars universe. The various threats presented in this book are drawn from the Star Wars feature films and the Expanded Univers of Star Wars comics, video games, and novels. Gamemasters designing their own Star Wars Roleplaying Game adventures to challenge heroes of every level.
May 20, 2008 Hardcover 160 pages, $34.95

June
Player's Handbook (no writer credits)
The Player's Handbook presents the official Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game rules as well as everything a player needs to create D&D characters worthy of song and legend: new character races, base classes, paragon paths, epic destinies, powers, magic items, weapons armor, and much more.
June 6, 2008 Hardcover 320 pages, $34.95

Dungeon Master's Guide (no writer credits)
The Dungeon Master's Guide gives the Dungeon Master helpful tools to build exciting encounters, adventures, and campaigns for the 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game, as well as advice for running great game sessions, ready-to-use traps and non-player characters, and more. In addition, it presents a fully detailed town that can serve as a starting point for any D&D game.
June 6, 2008 Hardcover 224 pages, $34.95

Monster Manual (no writer credits)
The Monster Manual presents more than 300 official Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game monsters for all levels of play, from aboleth to zombie. Each monster is illustrated and comes with complete game statistics and tips for the Dungeon Master on how to best use the monster in D&D encounters.
June 6, 2008 Hardcover 288 pages, $34.95

4th Edition Core Rulebook Gift Set (no writer credits)
This gift set features a handsome slipcase containing all three of the 4th edition D&D Roleplaying Game core rulebooks: the Player's Handbook rulebook, the Monster Manual rulebook, and the Dungeon Master's Guide rulebook.
June 6, 2008 Box $104.95

D&D Premium Dice
This product contains a dice bag and a complete set of dice for use in the Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game: one 4-sided die, four 6-sided dice, one 8-sided die, one 10-sided die, one percentile die, one 12-sided die, and one 20-sided die.
June 17, 2008 $12.95

July
H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth D&D adventure by Richard Baker and Mike Mearls
Beneath Thunderspire Mountian lies a sprawling network of mazes, tombs, and caverns collectively known as the Labyrinth. In recent years, this vast labyrinth has become a living dungeon where trade between the surface and subterranean worlds is possible. However, beyond the well-lit halls where prospectors, merchants, and traders convene lies a darker world where adventurers battle monsters and fiendish beings perform secret rituals for their dark masters...
H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth is a D&D adventure designed for heroic-tier characters of levels 4-6. It can be played as a stand-alone adventure or as the second part of a three-part series.
This product includes an adventure booklet for the Dungeon Master, a campaign guide with player handouts, and a full-color poster map, all contained in a handy folder.
July 15, 2008 96 pages (plus 1 poster map) $24.95

DU1 Halls of the Giant Kings: Dungeon Tiles a D&D Accessory
This product adds a new dimension to D&D games and gives Dungeon Masters an easy and inexpensive way to include great-looking terrain for their games. This set provides ready-to-use, configurable tiles with which to build exciting dungeons and strongholds designed for use with Large and Huge D&D miniatures.
This accessory for the Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game contains six double-sided sheets of illustrated, die-cut terrain tiles printed on heavy cardstock.
July 15, 2008 $9.95

Character Record Sheets a D&D Accessory
Encased in a handy pocket folder, these official Dungeons & Dragons character sheets contain all the information players need to build, run, and track their 4th Edition D&D Roleplaying Game characters. Each character sheet is designed for optimal playability. In addition, these character sheets support characters of all classes and levels.
July 15, 2008 $9.95

Dungeon Master's Screen a D&D Accessory
This four-panel cardstock screen features new full-color artwork and allows Dungeon Masters to keep their campaign notes and die rolls privbate, without blocking their view of the game table. Easy-to-reference rules and table appear on the inside panels of the screen; these are designed for the Dungeon Master's eyes only and comply with the rules in the 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game core rulebooks.
July 15, 2008 $9.95

August
Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide A D&D Campaing Setting by Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims and Philip Athans
Welcome to Faerūn, a land of amazing magic, terrifying monsters, ancient ruins, and hidden wonders. The world has changed since the Spellplague, and from this arcane crucible have emerged shining kingdoms, tyrannical empires, mighty heroes, and monster-infested dungeons. The Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide presents a world of untold adventure, a land of a thousand stories shaped by the deeds of adventurers the likes of which Faerūn has never seen before.
This product includes everything a Dungeon Master needs to run a D&D campaign in the Forgotten Realms setting, as well as elements that DMs can incorporate into their own D&D campaigns. The book provides background information on the lands of Faerūn, a fully detailed town in which to start a campaign, adventure seeds, new monsters, ready-to-play non-player characters, and a full-color poster map of Faerūn.
August 19, 2008 Hardcover 288 pages (plus 1 poster map) $39.95

H3 Pyramid of Shadows A D&D Adventure by Mike Mearls and James Wyatt
The ancient trees of the Shadowsong Forest have borne witness to the passing of epochs, and hidden beneath their dark canopies are the remains of empires long departed. Few souls brave enough to explore the primeval forest ever return, for countless horrors haunt the crumbled ruins. When a band of evil criminals seek refuge within the darkest reaches of the forest, brave adventurers are needed to root them out. The trail leads to the heart of the woods, wherein looms the greatest secret of all - the Pyramid of Shadows.
H3 Pyramid of Shadows is a D&D adventure designed for heroic-tier characters of levels 7-10. It can be played as a stand-alone adventure or as the final part of a three-part series.
This product includes an adventure booklet for the Dungeon Master, a campaign guide with player handouts, and a full-color poster map, all contained in a handy folder.
August 19, 2008 96 pages (plus 1 poster map) $24.95

Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide A Star Wars Roleplaying Game Supplement by Rodney Thompson, Sterling Hershey, John Jackson Miller, and Abel G. Peńa
Make the jump to lightspeed 4,000 years before the Battle of Yavin to a time when Jedi Knights and Sith Lords clashed in galactic conflict. This campaign guide offers both players and Gamemasters a wide array of new options that can be used to craft a unique roleplaying game experience. As the galaxy plunges into one war after another, the forces of the Republic, along with their Jedi allies, struggle to proitect themselves from hordes of invading Mandalorians, tyrannical Sith lords, and traitoprous allies oin every front.
Featuring new game material drawn from a variety of sources, and including characters, weapons, vehicles, and droids, this book presents an entire campaign during violent days of the Old Republic. This book also contains new Force powers, Force techniques, and Force secrets for Jedi and Sith characters, as well as new options for characters of all classes. Players can take advantage of new talents, feats, and other options to play a Mandalorian neo-crusader, a Replublic soldier battling against the forces of Darth Revan and Darth Malak, or a Jedi in exile on the run from the Sith
August 19, 2008 Hardcover 224 pages $39.95

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  01:59:22  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Novels
Amber and Blood The Dark Disciple, Volume Three
A Dragonlance novel by Margaret Weis
May 6, 2008 Hardcover 384 pages $25.95

Swordmage Blades of the Moonsea, Book I
A Forgotten Realms Novel by Richard Baker
May 6, 2008 Hardcover 352 pages $24.95

Dragon Forge The Draconic Prophecies, Book 2
An Eberron Novel by James Wyatt
June 3, 2008 Hardcover 352 pages $25.95

Dragons of the Hourglass Mage The Lost Chronicles, Volume Three
A Dragonlance Novel by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
July 1, 2008 Hardcover 384 pages $25.95

Dragons: Worlds Afire
A Wizards of the Coast Anthology by R.A. Salvatore, Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, Scott McGough, and Keith Baker
July 1, 2008 Trade 8-1/4" x 10-1/4" $18.95

A Reader's Guide to R.A.Salvatore's The Legend of Drizzt
A Forgotten Realms Illustrated Guide illustrated by Todd Lockwood
August 5, 2008 Hardcover 160 pages $24.95

The Sword Never Sleeps The Knights of Myth Drannor, Book III
A Forgotten Realms Novel by Ed Greenwood
August 5, 2008 Hardcover 352 pages $25.95

Clockwork Angels
A Ravenloft: Dominion Novel by Samantha Henderson
August 5, 2008 Trade 320 pages $12.95

Shades of Grey
A Wizards of the Coast Discoveries Novel by Ari Marmell (fantasy, not D&D)
August 5, 2008 Trade $14.95
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  02:06:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Threats of the Galaxy A Star Wars Roleplaying Game Supplement by Robert J. Schwalb and Rodney Thompson
[...]
May 20, 2008 Hardcover 160 pages, $34.95
quote:
Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide A Star Wars Roleplaying Game Supplement by Rodney Thompson, Sterling Hershey, John Jackson Miller, and Abel G. Peńa
[...]
August 19, 2008 Hardcover 224 pages $39.95
Oooh!

Granted, I already knew these titles for the SWRPG were being pubished, but it's nice to see some official dates for their publications.

And, as I recall, Starships of the Galaxy is being released this month. So, woot!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  02:09:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Novels
Amber and Blood The Dark Disciple, Volume Three
A Dragonlance novel by Margaret Weis
May 6, 2008 Hardcover 384 pages $25.95
Finally, we've a date!
quote:
Dragons of the Hourglass Mage The Lost Chronicles, Volume Three
A Dragonlance Novel by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
July 1, 2008 Hardcover 384 pages $25.95
Ah. This is the one I've been waiting for!
quote:
The Sword Never Sleeps The Knights of Myth Drannor, Book III
A Forgotten Realms Novel by Ed Greenwood
August 5, 2008 Hardcover 352 pages $25.95
This can't come soon enough.
quote:
Clockwork Angels
A Ravenloft: Dominion Novel by Samantha Henderson
August 5, 2008 Trade 320 pages $12.95
I'm still going to give these new RAVENLOFT novels a shot, even though they're set away from the previous material on the Dread Domains.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  02:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Setting = *cartwheel*

The Sword Never Sleeps =

More Drizzt = Sigh.

Ed not the first name on the Campaign Guide = No idea what that's about.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  02:49:13  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
A Reader's Guide to R.A.Salvatore's The Legend of Drizzt
A Forgotten Realms Illustrated Guide illustrated by Todd Lockwood
August 5, 2008 Hardcover 160 pages $24.95

Are you kidding me?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  03:04:50  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish I was. I really, really do.

The EnWorld page is here, if anyone wants to check it out for themselves.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  08:06:13  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thanks for scooping this up and bringing the news to us, Uzzy.

Hmm, I hope this isn't a complete list, our "minimum one FR novel per month" appears to have slipped

I'm certainly intrigued by some of the D&D core adventures. I assume the May release is the last of 3.5 products, however.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  16:22:47  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The may release is the first 4e adventure, judging from what I've seen posted elsewhere. It will include some preview rules, or somesuch...

I'm actually looking foreward to the Reader's Guide to R.A.Salvatore's The Legend of Drizzt, as I am a big fan of Todd Lockwood. I'm also pleased to see that Drizzt remain a moneymaker for wotc. I think we will need Drizzt in the future.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  18:42:31  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Hmm, I hope this isn't a complete list, our "minimum one FR novel per month" appears to have slipped

Well, that gives me some time to catch up.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  01:51:01  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Well, that gives me some time to catch up.

My thoughts exactly... [looks over at his shelf of 20+ unread FR novels and sighs...]

As for everything else mentioned in that list, nothing moves me... I don't think I'll even buy the 4E Cordell-FRCS. Absolutely no interest in gaming in a "new world." If I wanted one I would have gone the way of Eberron a while ago. But no: I stuck to FR. I'm what you could call a "Lawful-Stupid" gamer (making reference to the good old "Lawful Good / Lawful Stupid" paladin joke) Here I was, actually thinking that staying loyal to FR thoughout 3.X would have somehow made a contribution to the setting. Lawful-Stupid indeed. We're instead being told that us, loyal fans, are not needed anymore. Shame on WotC.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  02:27:42  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight
Here I was, actually thinking that staying loyal to FR thoughout 3.X would have somehow made a contribution to the setting. Lawful-Stupid indeed. We're instead being told that us, loyal fans, are not needed anymore. Shame on WotC.

Yeah, I think back a year or two, on how I made sure to pick up every FR title as soon as it came out because I was afraid if I didn't, WOTC would decide that they didn't need to support it anymore.

If I would have known that they were going to use the FR logo one way or the other, and all I was really telling them was if I'd buy anything they put out with a logo, I may have altered some of my purchasing habits.

And remember, its not just that they don't need us any more, we are causing problems by actually liking the Realms, because some of us have only been here for 20 years or so, and who knows, now that a lot of us are in are 30s, we may only have another 20 years or so to buy from them, so they have to move on lest we up and die on them, and they are left with a setting whose demographic is too high.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  16:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if I even want to purchase the new FRCG myself. I'm getting tired of what I'm hearing from, say, Chris Perkins about how all the things I like are a "hindrance" to the setting, and I admit I'm also tired of hearing people say, "the people who are upset about the changes will probably just buy the new products anyway."

Nope, I'm not one of Pavlov's dogs, sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  16:24:23  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm grabbing it as soon as it is available trough Amazon !

The only thing I really dislike about this FR-Reboot is that they don't officialy made it a reboot, but a "time-jump".

Edited by - Skeptic on 06 Dec 2007 16:25:31
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  18:05:57  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide A D&D Campaing Setting by Bruce R. background information on the lands of Faerūn, a fully detailed town

do we know which town?

Thanks

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  18:24:48  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
None yet. Probably won't find out for a while.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  18:51:52  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

The only thing I really dislike about this FR-Reboot is that they don't officialy made it a reboot, but a "time-jump".

...avoiding scathing comments...
I will not buy it without reading it first and seeing what Ed was able to do to make it a sandbox that Realms grognards want to play in. I do not think that anyone should buy it blindly. Unless, of course, you want to prove to WotC that you are Pavlov's dog and will buy anything with the FR logo on it, just because it has the FR logo on it. And a reboot would actually mean invalidating everything that has happened since the first box set. There has been a lot (I would say "mostly") good things amongst all the bad things that have happened to the setting. If someone does not like the setting, then instead of hoping for a complete reboot of it, they should go find a setting that they like better.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

nbnmare
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  18:58:20  Show Profile  Visit nbnmare's Homepage Send nbnmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Definitely not, since we already know there are at least ten other FR novels due out next year. According to Amazon, the release schedule for the novels looks something like this:

January - Realms of War
February - The Halfling's Gem (reprint)
March - Undead
April - Obsidian Ridge
May - Swordmage, The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
June - Ascendancy of the Last
July - ?
August - The Sword Never Sleeps
October - The Pirate King
September - Shadowrealm
November - Reclamation, The Fractured Sky
December - ?

That just leaves July and December. My guess is the fourth book in the Citadels series will be out in one of these two months, and if we're all very good boys and girls then perhaps Blackstaff Tower will be out in 2008, too .

Edited by - nbnmare on 06 Dec 2007 19:01:55
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  19:35:48  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So you're one of those Realms haters who finally gets his little Greyhawk revenge? how else could you explain "being happy with a complete setting reboot?"

Wow, you must be flying high right now. Bet you're involved in Living Realms too. Good for you!
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  19:47:45  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

quote:

So you're one of those Realms haters who finally gets his little Greyhawk revenge? how else could you explain "being happy with a complete setting reboot?"

Hehe, it was a try to post a "stupid" pro-answer to illustrate the fact that many anti-answer are not better.

I'll keep my reasoning about why I like the idea of a reboot simple to avoid the RPG design/theory banned territory.

I prefer a lot much a rebooted FR that keeps the basic concepts of the setting (like said above, thousands / millions of story happening everywhere, high magic, etc. etc.) than what 3.x Realms was.

Sadly, one of the basic concept of the setting (the Weave) didn't work well with D&D 4E rules so they dropped it. Why I like this ? Because the Weave never matched D&D rules, so it was never really used when we played wizards / any other arcane spellcaster.

Does that mean that 4E realms will be my "ideal" realms ? No. My ideal realms wouldn't be played with D&D but with a "FR" custom made game.

Edited by - Skeptic on 06 Dec 2007 21:19:23
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  22:13:28  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM
quote:

And a reboot would actually mean invalidating everything that has happened since the first box set. There has been a lot (I would say "mostly") good things amongst all the bad things that have happened to the setting. If someone does not like the setting, then instead of hoping for a complete reboot of it, they should go find a setting that they like better.

People like what they like, if someone prefers the oldest editions they can hope for that to return as much as anyone else can hope that their preferences prevail. There are several ways of being fans of a setting, Grey box, 4ed. optimism, TSR, WotC, Greenwood etc. One can hope for exactly what one wants.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000