Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 A Moment with Alusair

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 15:48:45
I just noticed this update on the Wizards site...

A Moment With Alusair

'Tis a bit of omitted text from Swords of Dragonfire -- an interview with a 14 year old Princess Alusair, about the Knights.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Dec 2007 : 23:29:15
Odd... It's almost the same link... The only difference is that the working one is "ww2", and the dead one is "www".
Agnitio Veridicus Posted - 18 Dec 2007 : 21:31:53
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I just noticed this update on the Wizards site...

A Moment With Alusair

'Tis a bit of omitted text from Swords of Dragonfire -- an interview with a 14 year old Princess Alusair, about the Knights.

Thank you for this. I really wanted to read it, but the link from here [http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/959857200] would not work. Glad to see you found a working one.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 24 Nov 2007 : 19:24:54
I agree with you, Wooly. In the Dragon article, After the Dragon, Ed says that Alusair is the best battlemaster in the realm of the purple dragon. This will put her in a great position of command within the Purple Dragons - the highest one, IMO.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Nov 2007 : 19:01:21
quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

Hmm, I wonder -- after little Azoun come of age, what will Alusair herself do? Stay on as a commander in the Dragons, leave for more sword-swinging fun, or what?

I think that after everything that has happened, Alusair will dearly want to return to her former life -- but will not. Having been Regent for several years means she was running the kingdom. Thus, even after she steps down, she'll still be strongly associated with the throne for a lot of people -- particularly, other nations and power groups. I think she'll remain in some high position, possibly some sort of military advisor, or maybe in command of an important section of the Purple Dragons, if not in full command overall.
Ardashir Posted - 24 Nov 2007 : 18:48:16
Now that was good! I've long liked Ally, and part of me wishes she could have been more than just regent of Cormyr. I think she wouldhave made for a good Queen. (Though I've no doubt, if she heard me say that, she'd give me several pungent observations about both myself and the Cormyrian throne, probably punctuated with a swiftly-applied boot to the backside...)

Hmm, I wonder -- after little Azoun come of age, what will Alusair herself do? Stay on as a commander in the Dragons, leave for more sword-swinging fun, or what?
The Red Walker Posted - 22 Nov 2007 : 04:36:43
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Elminster, of course.
love,
THO

So why did the text cut off? Who did that? And why did they let us see all the preceding text?

I think it was Laspeera
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 23:49:58
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Elminster, of course.
love,
THO

So why did the text cut off? Who did that? And why did they let us see all the preceding text?
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 22:08:20
Heh! It will be interesting if Zeboaster was transcribing the interview, donīt you think?
Hawkins Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 22:01:59
Lol. My, that was quite entertaining!
The Hooded One Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 21:17:21
Elminster, of course.
love,
THO
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 20:42:12
And my question is...who was transcribing the interview?
Garen Thal Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 16:04:45
I, for one, very much appreciate this snippet of lore for a number of reasons. Greatest among them is that, for once, we get to see Alusair's intellect, ability to read people, and biting wit. Too often, we only get to see the echoes of her father's lust and battle-skill, and it is comforting to witness, for once, some of Filfaeril on young Alessa, too.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 21 Nov 2007 : 15:58:26
Thanks for the good link, Oh Brave Hamster of the Many Links!!!

Alusairīs answer of the third question is simply marvelous..

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000