Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Placing non-Realms Adventures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2007 :  04:18:12  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone used some of the old D&D adventures in the Realms?

Things like the Isle of Dread, Assassin's Knot and etc...

Doesn't matter which edition; just anything from before.

If you have, where did you place them and how did you integrate them into the Forgotten Realms?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2007 :  04:36:14  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The geography section has a few http://www.candlekeep.com/fr_faq.htm

Against the Giants: You can run it almost straight out of Icewind Dale as the series there shows. For me, I ran it the Stonelands, where the Drow have arranged for an alliance of giants to attack Cormyr as part of a long term plan to distract Cormyr from interfering in their takeover of Cormanthor. Frost Giants and Fire Giants can be linked with the Hill Giants thanks to portals.

Keep on the Borderlands: Along said Stonelands, Borderlands. The Cult of Chaos is replaced with one to Ghaundaur.

Ravenloft: I've run this on the edge of Vaasa. Strahd made a pact with Shar all those centuries ago, horribly perverting the nature of love and cursing his land with eternal night from that point onwards.

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Charles Phipps on 22 Oct 2007 04:49:05
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2007 :  06:51:05  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isle of dread should proberly be placed offmap east or southeast of Chult depending on where you want it from other points of interest

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

freyar
Learned Scribe

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2007 :  13:41:44  Show Profile  Visit freyar's Homepage Send freyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

Isle of dread should proberly be placed offmap east or southeast of Chult depending on where you want it from other points of interest

The Savage Tide Adventure Path conversion notes from Paizo Publishing suggest that very thing.

I've placed the 3e module Forge of Fury in Erlkazar, like a suggestion from the FAQ. There's plenty of dwarven history there, also. Just change out the orcs for hobgoblins if you use the canon info that orcs have been eliminated from the Tethyr region.

My DnD Links and Creations

Edited by - freyar on 23 Oct 2007 13:42:07
Go to Top of Page

IronHammer
Acolyte

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2007 :  16:33:55  Show Profile  Visit IronHammer's Homepage Send IronHammer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

Thats exactly what I did and it turned out great. I often use non-realms adventures and have little trouble incorparating them.

I remember playing Dwarves and Elves as a character class...
Go to Top of Page

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2007 :  10:49:48  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I placed the Forge of Fury in the Sunrise Mts(?) west of Cormyr, and tied its history to Ograhnn.

I ran Speaker in Dreams in Tilverton (1371 DR). I made the alienists into a Shadow Weave cult recieving visions from Shar and the Hextorites into Xvimites from the Citadel of the Raven. The Baron became Lady Rowanmantle, and the illithid villain an enchantment-focussed bard worshipping Shar.

Red Hand of Doom worked fine too, of course, since it was an FR adventure in disguise.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  05:38:49  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I placed Baltron's Beacon in the Tunlands; along with Tomb of the Lizard King.

I've decided to run the Temple of Elemental Evil near Cormyr too; but I can't decide where I want it.

I'd love suggestions!

Also, where would you guys put Scourge of the Slave Lords?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  11:10:44  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I put the Sunless Citadel in the Western Heartlands (north of Iriaebor).

The Burning Plague (free adventures) was placed in Glister, in the Moonsea region.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000