Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Who's Hot and Who's not in the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2007 :  09:05:06  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Er . . . I was trying to come up with some of that fancy English spelling to make Alaundo feel at home?

And it worked a treat, KnightErrantJR

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2007 :  16:36:07  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do you think of making this a poll question?

Just to bring in once again the famous CDG (Calishite Dancing Girls- we should immortalize them in the Abbreviations Topic in the Front) of course, so that the Head Broom Brandisher notices from the stunning voting that the fund assets are needed to hire a hole bunch more of this wholesomely relaxation troop.

Just to remember the frustrating answer of Alaundo to one of the Master Scribes:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jorkens

In that case I will have a few loud complaints, Alaundo has thrown me out seventy-six times, along with my "Have Realmslore will...(there are sensitive people here after all)" sign. Master of Realmslore or not, I get the feeling that Alaundo wants them all for himself .

Alas, there's simply not enough to go around, Jorkens. Give one person one and they'll all want one. Best I just keep the lot

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

So let’s have this demonstration of all the lowly scribes here, who would have to wait for eternity to get the scent of one of them CDG’s:

We want some weekly and public performance in the main hall! (at least)

P.S. Just for the peace in the halls, oh mighty master of the golden purse: maybe you could hire one or two CDB’s too – Calishite Dancing Boys
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2007 :  02:22:42  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

And hmm...has anyone mentioned the Waterdhavian guard lieutenant in Lost Library of Cormanthyr yet? (Can't remember name, will check upon returning home.)

I remember that character, but I didn't care for her that much. Very "blah" to me. Sorry. I think her name was Cordyn, or something to that effect.

The hottest female characters in the Realms...are my own.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 29 Sep 2007 02:23:24
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2007 :  02:25:27  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brynweir

My question is why do so many women find Jarlaxle sexy?
I find him intriguing, ineresting in many ways, but sexy is not one of them.

He's humorous, dangerous, powerful, has an interesting fashion sense...he's evil but for some reason that makes him strangely and unspeakably attractive, if not compatible.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 29 Sep 2007 02:25:51
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2007 :  16:38:05  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, that´s very bad! I forgot to mention Phyrea!!! (The Watercourse Trilogy).

Phyrea´s dialogue with Willem (Lies of Light, p. 24/25) is one of those amazing "little moments" in the books that don´t go away of my mind.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2007 :  16:58:57  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

He's humorous, dangerous, powerful, has an interesting fashion sense...he's evil but for some reason that makes him strangely and unspeakably attractive, if not compatible.

So, a wide brimmed hat with a a big feather and a vest with no shirt on under it might work for some guys?

Somehow I don't think that I could pull off that look myself.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2007 :  17:11:43  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

So, a wide brimmed hat with a a big feather and a vest with no shirt on under it might work for some guys?

Heh! If the life as villain become bothering to Jarlaxe, he always have a good chance to be a member of the Village People!

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2007 :  17:47:04  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

And hmm...has anyone mentioned the Waterdhavian guard lieutenant in Lost Library of Cormanthyr yet? (Can't remember name, will check upon returning home.)

I remember that character, but I didn't care for her that much. Very "blah" to me. Sorry. I think her name was Cordyn, or something to that effect.

No need to say sorry for disagreeing. It happens. And well, she came off as a nice person, which I tend to find pretty hot. Plus, there's something about a woman in uniform

quote:

No comment.

quote:
Also originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

As for who's not hot? DEFINITELY that fat piece of lard in Champions of Ruin (Aumvor the Undying, I think). Makes me want to vomit. Definitely not hot!.

I'd say that goes for most undead. I know some people have a thing for vampires, but to me...

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 29 Sep 2007 17:48:27
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2007 :  03:27:48  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well since I am not thrilled yet with 4.0.....

I kinda like the sound of your realms...

got room in them for one more?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Aquanova
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2007 :  19:46:13  Show Profile  Visit Aquanova's Homepage Send Aquanova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who's hot?
  • Azar

• Sharlarra

• Halisstra, Faeryl... hell, all the drow ladies from WotSQ

• Viconia (BG2)

Who's not?
  • Liriel (I just never got into her, and with the exception of the Windwalker cover I didn't care for her appearance.

• Tu'ala'keth (Queen of the Depths). Got on my nerves like you couldn't imagine.

Those are what come to mind. Yes, I never cared for Liriel. (Though I loved the trilogy.)
Go to Top of Page

Pharaun Mizzrym
Acolyte

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2007 :  01:15:47  Show Profile  Visit Pharaun Mizzrym's Homepage Send Pharaun Mizzrym a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmmm.... I'm gonna say The queen of evermeet just because the descriptions I've read of her have painted a very pretty picture for me. As for male......Jarlaxle.....I'm not gay
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2007 :  13:31:28  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
seven sisters, definatly

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2007 :  01:50:39  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Nope, as far as I know, she's Baba Yaga in the Realms. "Stara baba" simply means "old woman" in Polish and Russian.

Elaine's appearance here reminded me of the character i most want to see in a book again....

Bronwyn. SHe tries to be good...but she still a bit bad.

Now she is hot!

She's working on Book 6 of Song and Swords called Reclamation (I believe) which she says will tie up loose ends from Thornhold, so I can only assume Bronwym is coming back.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2007 :  02:32:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Elaine's appearance here reminded me of the character i most want to see in a book again....

Now she is hot!
Red, in case you haven't read it already, I'll note that Bronwyn received a few brief updates in the "The Knights of Samular" tale included in Elaine's Best of the Realms, Vol. III compilation.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

realcrowjoe
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2007 :  14:50:27  Show Profile  Visit realcrowjoe's Homepage Send realcrowjoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cattie Bree
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  01:15:14  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Phyrea´s dialogue with Willem (Lies of Light, p. 24/25) is one of those amazing "little moments" in the books that don´t go away of my mind.

AAAAAAACK! Did you say that just to tick me off?

I hated, hated, hated Phyrea. With a passion. I hate her more than...pretty much every other character that's ever existed.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 03 Oct 2007 01:18:23
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  01:15:51  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Just like high heels, only a few guys can pull that look off, yes.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  01:16:54  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh yes, definitely.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  01:17:50  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Also originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

As for who's not hot? DEFINITELY that fat piece of lard in Champions of Ruin (Aumvor the Undying, I think). Makes me want to vomit. Definitely not hot!.

I'd say that goes for most undead. I know some people have a thing for vampires, but to me...

Well, you know, some liches can be kind of sexy...

Go to Top of Page

Warrax
Learned Scribe

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  01:47:04  Show Profile  Visit Warrax's Homepage Send Warrax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh yes, definitely.

Just how much room is there? :D
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  01:48:33  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's always room for one more...always.

Go to Top of Page

riot the outsider
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  01:57:54  Show Profile Send riot the outsider a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well for me it would have to Fox-at- Twilight( The greatest treasure)The way eric described her WoW!

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do. http://s13.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=67846

Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  02:35:01  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I'm too sexy for my shirt...too sexy for my shirt...

Seriously, what is up with Elminster getting all the hot women? Every novel I read he's cuddled up to someone new. Isn't he like 500 years old? Power isn't everything (and I just get weirded out when old men giggle).

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  03:25:01  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Now she is hot!
Red, in case you haven't read it already, I'll note that Bronwyn received a few brief updates in the "The Knights of Samular" tale included in Elaine's Best of the Realms, Vol. III compilation.

Thanks Sage, I have read it and enjoyed it. Can't wait for song and swords VI!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  03:27:36  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh yes, definitely.

How bout you PM me some details about this world of yours?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  03:45:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Seriously, what is up with Elminster getting all the hot women? Every novel I read he's cuddled up to someone new.
Bryn, you might want to take a look through Ed's replies. He's covered this particular aspect of Elminster's character... more than once.
quote:
Isn't he like 500 years old?
Elminster's 1,163 years old as of 1375 DR.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  03:49:50  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

AAAAAAACK! Did you say that just to tick me off?

I hated, hated, hated Phyrea. With a passion. I hate her more than...pretty much every other character that's ever existed.

No, my friend, In no way! It´s only... well... one of my choices.

I don´t know exactly where Phyrea hooked me. Maybe is the fact that Phyrea´s ruthless remember me of my wife. (yes, I know... go understand the love... ).
I find Phyrea´s personality interesting, too. IMO, she take some steps ahead of the "common stereotype strong feminine character" that we see in some novels (note the word: some. She´s stay much steps behind of others, like Liriel, Storm, Ususi, and others that I don´t remember right now).

P.S.: actually, my wife is playing with a elven half-fey warlock named... err... Phyrea Traelith. Phyrea, because she like of the character, too; and Traelith, as a homage to Eytan Bernstein good job in the Realms. She is daughter of Pherix Traelith, Eytan´s warlock (yes, we do a good brainstorm to create the background of her.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  16:03:39  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm too sexy for my shirt...too sexy for my shirt...

Seriously, what is up with Elminster getting all the hot women? Every novel I read he's cuddled up to someone new. Isn't he like 500 years old? Power isn't everything (and I just get weirded out when old men giggle).

Don't forget that since El "was" a woman for a time....He Really understands them!!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  17:13:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Don't forget that since El "was" a woman for a time....He Really understands them!!

Bah! Even in a fantasy world with magical sex changes, the concept of men understanding women is still too far out there to be believable.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  17:17:48  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Bah! Even in a fantasy world with magical sex changes, the concept of men understanding women is still too far out there to be believable.

Word.

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000