Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Who's Hot and Who's not in the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2007 :  01:27:57  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

On behalf of my good friends Erik Scott de Bie and Rinonalyrna Fathomlin (Since Erik is more of a perpetuator than a starter)
here is a scroll to discuss who is hot and who is not in the realms. (with an emphasis on who is)

I was mostly joking . . . but very well. Some levity amidst all this angst can't be a bad thing.

Well you all but threw down the gauntlet didn't you?

And if you dare a red-head...they usually follow up on it!

quote:

My favorite Seven Sister would be Dove, though she's well and goodly married (perhaps I should write myself into the Realms as a character who can outlive Florin), followed secondly by Storm (ahem--not married, eh RW?).

Ah yes... the lovely Storm .....
now where is that Doors cd??....

I'm kind of partial to Thazienne Uskevren......Reminds me of my wife with all the sneaking in and out of windows Nuff Said.

And although her name escapes me at this moment....
It would be hard to beat that envoy from Silvermoon who appeared in Swords of Dragonfire!!!

edit: sp

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 21 Sep 2007 01:35:19
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2007 :  02:07:31  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

On behalf of my good friends Erik Scott de Bie and Rinonalyrna Fathomlin (Since Erik is more of a perpetuator than a starter)

Hah!

The guys who immediately come to mind are dead: Azoun IV and Khelben. Yes, really.

Bad guys can be sexy in their darkness too, though. I'm reading Shadowstorm right now (almost done!) and I'll bet Rivalen is hot. But I think he only has eyes for Tamlin.

As for who's not hot? DEFINITELY that fat piece of lard in Champions of Ruin (Aumvor the Undying, I think). Makes me want to vomit. Definitely not hot!.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Vanidariaen
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2007 :  02:10:41  Show Profile  Visit Vanidariaen's Homepage Send Vanidariaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As for hot, I think I'll have to go with Dove. She always seemed sexy to me. Maybe 'cause Florin could crush me like a grape :)
As for not, I'd go with any of those Crone chics who slather them selves in rancid fat. I still gag thinking about that description.

http://tom.myhereandhereafter.com
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2007 :  04:24:14  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of the Seven Sisters, the cover art of Silverfall is one of my all time favorites.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2007 :  09:55:03  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who's hot? Without a doubt, Laeral. She has style and she's a responsible and intelligent leader in her own right. Couple that with her subtle sex appeal, and the fact that she is (or rather was) the wife of the Blackstaff, and we've a character I'll always enjoy reading about.
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

My vote goes to the Laeral.

She possesses such a level of intelligence and maturity that is far more intriguing to me, than any lingering hint of physical sexuality. But that's just me. I tend to find cerebal qualities to be more "sexy," than any particular physical attributes.
Need I remind you that I do happen to exist as an NPC in your Realms, Sage?

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2007 :  09:57:20  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

My vote goes for Alias. In spite of the fact that her hair always looks ridiculous, she looks great in that armor she wears.

Alias's is mine also... mmm red heads. :)
I can appreciate that. I'm mesmerised whenever I see a traditional red-head flick her long strands over her delicate and milky-skinned shoulder!

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2007 :  13:54:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Need I remind you that I do happen to exist as an NPC in your Realms, Sage?
I haven't voted for "Who's not hot" in the Realms yet. So don't rush me.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2007 :  14:27:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

My vote goes for Alias. In spite of the fact that her hair always looks ridiculous, she looks great in that armor she wears.

Alias's is mine also... mmm red heads. :)
I can appreciate that. I'm mesmerised whenever I see a traditional red-head flick her long strands over her delicate and milky-skinned shoulder!

Sage, my friend, thinks I that you need to find a friendly redhead...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2007 :  14:37:26  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote go to Liriel Baenre. But Storm and Alustriel stay very close, too.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2007 :  14:50:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Sage, my friend, thinks I that you need to find a friendly redhead...

Hmmmm... I'm sure I can find an Alias clone somewhere.

Edited by - The Sage on 22 Sep 2007 14:51:00
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2007 :  17:34:20  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll chime in with another vote for Laeral, in no small part because of her personality (but the picture in Seven Sisters doesn't exactly hurt either...

And hmm...has anyone mentioned the Waterdhavian guard lieutenant in Lost Library of Cormanthyr yet? (Can't remember name, will check upon returning home.)

Edit: I spell Laeral "Liriel" and no one calls me on it? Shame on you my fellow scribes
Of course, Liriel's pretty damn hot too

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 24 Sep 2007 17:33:36
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2007 :  05:03:49  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How could I forget Ishi Barasume from the crew of the Realms Master? She is definitely high on my list.

Xysma's Gallery

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2007 :  05:05:29  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

How could I forget Ishi Barasume from the crew of the Realms Master? She is definitely high on my list.

What, no love for Minder? Now that lady was buildt.
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2007 :  20:58:46  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

Danifae Yauntyrr - hands down now and then!

I second Zanan's choice. 2nd is Liriel Baenre from the 2E Tangled Webs cover.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber

Edited by - Drakul on 24 Sep 2007 21:00:51
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2007 :  21:19:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Edit: I spell Laeral "Liriel" and no one calls me on it? Shame on you my fellow scribes
Of course, Liriel's pretty damn hot too

I was actually trying to recall whether or not Liriel popped up in Seven Sisters... But I've not yet replaced my copy, so I couldn't check. And it was spelled correctly, even if it wasn't what you intended...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  00:24:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. Liriel doesn't appear in The Seven Sisters.

Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  00:50:20  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The names are getting more obscure by the moment! Funny that.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  02:48:29  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Artemis Entreri, especially after the newest novels where Jarlaxle basically forces him to show his vulnerable side (and then squash it).
I find the search for perfection sexy - and the dark and dangerous doesn't hurt.

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  03:02:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And now Brynweir has returned!

Welcome back.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2395 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  03:45:56  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

quote:
I thought of a "not", too. It's someone who has, to the best of my knowledge, never directly appeared in a Realms novel or sourcebook. But Fyodor obviously knew of her, when he encountered her hut dancing in a clearing. I speak, of course, of Baba Yaga.

But apparently, she can produce an attractive daughter (though she isn't native to the Realms . . . i.e. Iggwilv . . . who has hooked up with Graz'zt who kidnapped Waukeen, so in the end, its sort of Realmsian).

. . . and I think she goes by Stara Baba in the Realms.

Nope, as far as I know, she's Baba Yaga in the Realms. "Stara baba" simply means "old woman" in Polish and Russian.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  04:25:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:

quote:
I thought of a "not", too. It's someone who has, to the best of my knowledge, never directly appeared in a Realms novel or sourcebook. But Fyodor obviously knew of her, when he encountered her hut dancing in a clearing. I speak, of course, of Baba Yaga.

But apparently, she can produce an attractive daughter (though she isn't native to the Realms . . . i.e. Iggwilv . . . who has hooked up with Graz'zt who kidnapped Waukeen, so in the end, its sort of Realmsian).

. . . and I think she goes by Stara Baba in the Realms.

Nope, as far as I know, she's Baba Yaga in the Realms. "Stara baba" simply means "old woman" in Polish and Russian.

Ah . . . gotcha . . .
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  13:58:56  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even I must confess that there are no hot dwarven maids - so I would vote for Liriel, even if she wouldn’t give Fyodor the Spider Kiss – that sounds interesting hot, but wouldn’t allow for much retries

As for not – I imply that the worshippers of Juiblex won’t be very hot – I loathe every form of slime.
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  15:04:29  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay guys, even though I am a woman, I am willing to admit that Storm is sexy, especially when you put her personality with some of the artwork.
My question is why do so many women find Jarlaxle sexy?
I find him intriguing, ineresting in many ways, but sexy is not one of them.

Thanks for the notice Sage and the welcome. A family tragedy took me aside for a time, but I hope to be visiting often.

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  15:46:53  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

What, no love for Minder? Now that lady was buildt.

Nice one.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  16:28:08  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brynweir

Okay guys, even though I am a woman, I am willing to admit that Storm is sexy, especially when you put her personality with some of the artwork.
My question is why do so many women find Jarlaxle sexy?
I find him intriguing, ineresting in many ways, but sexy is not one of them.

Thanks for the notice Sage and the welcome. A family tragedy took me aside for a time, but I hope to be visiting often.

Glad your back and hope everything work out for the best.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  16:32:23  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Elaine's appearance here reminded me of the character i most want to see in a book again....

Bronwyn. SHe tries to be good...but she still a bit bad.

Now she is hot!

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  17:10:11  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nice one.

I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that one . . . or if it was just such a groaner that no one wanted to encourage me . . .
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  18:27:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Nice one.

I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that one . . . or if it was just such a groaner that no one wanted to encourage me . . .

I caught it, and I didn't want to encourage you.

I did, however, ponder making a joke based on your misspelling (there is no D in "built"), but I couldn't come up with anything better than a reference to it being a Freudian slip.

Go to Top of Page

sirreus
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  19:15:04  Show Profile  Visit sirreus's Homepage Send sirreus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
anytime storm is gardening in the nude, with only her boots on. grrr!

what about the renegade baern drow that traveled with the rashemi. it's a cunningham trilogy. she was sexy in her dilemma between her lover's idea of good and her pragmatism

ooh i forgot about the song dragon in the rage trilogy. very nice.

"The measure of an undisciplined mind, is that the intellect allows emotion to challenge the observed truth" Richard Baker
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  21:22:45  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Nice one.

I caught it, and I didn't want to encourage you.

I did, however, ponder making a joke based on your misspelling (there is no D in "built"), but I couldn't come up with anything better than a reference to it being a Freudian slip.

Er . . . I was trying to come up with some of that fancy English spelling to make Alaundo feel at home?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000