Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What edition do you play?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dalmar Amad
Seeker

Germany
56 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  03:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Dalmar Amad's Homepage Send Dalmar Amad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met,

I've been playing 2nd edition with a few house rules since '92.
Through NWN 1 and 2 I've got a glimpse of 3/3.5. I truly like the skill-system in these editions but couldn't convince myself to buy anything of them.
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  12:05:55  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
3rd Edition and have converted most of my tons of 2E material to 3E and so I'm looking at 4E with a sense of weary resignation.

Unless it's really good, we'll probably stick with 3E & 3.5 though. Which was pretty much our attitude toward 3rd.
Go to Top of Page

Thangorn
Seeker

New Zealand
84 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  13:53:27  Show Profile Send Thangorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2nd Edition, full Player's option rulesets with a few house rules borrowed and converted from 3.5.. combat & tactics has the best combat rules for D&D bar none which is why my group still roll with it..

Some of the most awesome epic battles I've ever played have arisen from this system.

Ex-A Land Far Away (ALFA) DM/Builder

Faerunian Canon Despot
Go to Top of Page

sirreus
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  15:47:43  Show Profile  Visit sirreus's Homepage Send sirreus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I play 3.5. it's streamlined, allowing almost anything to be played(as a player or dm). combat moves smoothly, and all classes are skilled differently. I'm not impressed with what i'm hearing of 4e, both rule wise and lore wise.

"The measure of an undisciplined mind, is that the intellect allows emotion to challenge the observed truth" Richard Baker
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000