Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 D&D 4e Discussion Scroll
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 62

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  14:46:21  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yea

tough 3e still had something to work with
Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  21:33:07  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Quale

what bothers, where are the ecology and habitat, what are people going to do with just numbers

The ecology and habitat sections of monster descriptions was lost with 3E. I regarded that as a design flaw in 3E: the concept that it was all about fighting. I think the ecology and habitat sections were valuable DM tools, not only giving them ideas, but also possible hooks with certain monster body parts having value.

That sorta stuff has been my bread and butter since I started running games. I've found far more inspiration from "fluff" than I've ever found from "crunch".
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  02:56:21  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spells stilled, scribes:

If you want ecology and habitat, I direct you to
Hackmaster's Monster Manuels ( all 9).
Info in there came from previous aditions,
and they did a better job at pricing body
parts of animals.
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2008 :  17:21:13  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phillmare

Been lurking around these parts for a while and thought I would throw my two cents out there regarding 4E - nothing that hasn't been said of course but I feel like I'm at a wake and should say something about the dearly departed.

I think my most prominent emotion when reading the new PHB was a sense of sadness - sadness and nostalgia for the sense of wonder that I remember from the first time I opened the 1E PHB to the last 3.5 splat - and that is most definitely missing in the new bit. Partly it was the complexity, partly the sense that here were worlds bigger and deeper than could be guessed at from a quick perusal of the cover.

Rightly or wrongly WoTC has definitely simplified the system and in the process made the current DnD iteration with less depth and potential. - I know, I know - there is as much of either of those in any given DnD campaign as the players want, but, for me, the complexity of the system always seemed to enhance the complexity of the experience - it was 'other' and something of a mystery to those uninitiated in the arcana. It is now common and cartoonish.

And besides my inner geek always loved those crazy charts.

DnD is dead, long live DnD.

Well said, very well said. I have the same feelings.

quote:

The ecology and habitat sections of monster descriptions was lost with 3E. I regarded that as a design flaw in 3E: the concept that it was all about fighting. I think the ecology and habitat sections were valuable DM tools, not only giving them ideas, but also possible hooks with certain monster body parts having value.

They tried bringing it back to 3E via the MMIV and MMV. While I didn't mind that format, I didn't like to see 7 pages on ONE creature. Why they couldn't simply do it the way 2E MMs did it is beyond me. Smaller font = more material. But WotC has been rather, well, CHEAP since 3E's arrival as both the page and word count became smaller with each book after 3.5e was released (probably pooling all their sources into 4e was what did it). And even cheaper with 4E books. I find it funny the smallest font in those core books were the class powers...that was it. Everything was else less material than the core 3E books AND at the same price. Talk about squeezing for profit.
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2008 :  18:04:55  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Razz

I don't see that with 4e at all because so much of the "sacred cows" has been, well, "slaughtered". It's a totally different game. I can't seem to pull anything from either end to work in a 4E or 3E game, they're just too different and incompatible. Which goes to tell me, is this even D&D at all? What happened to it? What did they do to it?

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: 3E is very different from 2E. Which one of those was "really D&D?" Did D&D stop being D&D when, say, "Elf" was no longer a class? Just because major changes have been made to the system for a new edition doesn't mean the game itself is different. I think even KEJR mentioned this subject in his review.

I would have to say it stopped being D&D when:

---Fireballs can only be done 1/encounter, no matter what level you are
---Anyone can cast spells (via Ritual Caster feat)
---Magic items became a simple blurb of text saying "If you have the ritual, the money, you have the item. The end."
---Paladins can't detect evil
---The cosmology that's been around for 30+ years got destroyed along with all the lore and creatures present (Eladrins are elves? No...they're CG celestials, everyone should KNOW that before saying it's something else)
---Dwarves can't see in the dark
---Only rangers can dual-wield
---Multiclassing is gone, it's now "multidipping"
---Alignment is gone and useless (and yet, they still throw in 6 of the 9...what for is beyond me, as it has no use in 4E at all, mechanical or fluff)
---Metallic dragons were always brass, bronze, copper, silver, and gold (not killing off 2 whole species and adding in iron and adamantine)

I'm talking things that have been consistent with D&D for decades. When you have something going on that long, you'd be insane to change any of it, much less ALL of it. You can gain and keep a lot more customers if you make a game work better but not destroy it's "soul", so to speak. The essence of the game that truly draws people to play it no matter what generation it is. I believe that was taken away in 4E, it has no spark and I really don't see their new customers playing it for longer than a few months before going back to a REAL MMORPG. D&D may have spawned MMORPGs, but that does not mean MMOs should spawn a D&D.

2E is different from 3E in game mechanics only, I think. As it was said before, 3E is a more streamlined more optimizable version of 2E. You still have your sacred cows, some things that were lame were tweaked to be cooler and more fun, and even things from 1E were revived! It kept the feel of the game despite mechanical differences.

I mean, it's as bad as making an official Legend of Zelda video game where Link has a voice-over, the Master Sword is now the Master Axe, and the Triforce was too complex to be 3 triangles of ultimate power, 2 is ok, but why not make it just 1 triforce to simplify things? Or an official Mario game where the Mario Bros. are Russian plumbers instead of Italian plumbers and wearing blue and yellow suits instead of red and green...

Bad analogies, I know, but you can imagine the reaction. No different than 4e. You'll have people saying "That's not a real Mario game! You bastards!" and others saying,"That's awesome, they're Russians now! So much easier to understand their accents now!" and then the ones sitting on the fence going,"Ehh it's not Mario and I am turned off, but it's also intriguing simultaneously, maybe Mario and Luigi are cooler now? Why are they keeping the Italian names, though?"

Whether or not the gameplay is better, it wouldn't be the same Mario Bros. It wouldn't BE Mario Bros. If the gameplay was better, that wouldn't matter. You'd still have people say,"Well why didn't they just do a similar gameplay but with the actual Mario Bros. game?" (which is the same feeling I have with the few things in 4E I do like a lot for D&D...why didn't they just implement it into 3E? I mean, if Paizo can do it with Pathfinder, what's the real reason for a 4E?)

That's the best way I can explain what I mean, I hope I was clear. I tend to confuse people with what I mean, both text and speech.
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2008 :  00:08:57  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't think of any way to compare two ideas of what D&D 'is' and 'isn't' so as to tell which is more externally accurate.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2008 :  04:19:34  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few comments:

quote:

---Anyone can cast spells (via Ritual Caster feat)

Taking the feat doesn't mean you can cast spells on par with a normal spellcaster.

quote:
---Only rangers can dual-wield

IIRC, that's not true.

quote:
---Alignment is gone and useless (and yet, they still throw in 6 of the 9...what for is beyond me, as it has no use in 4E at all, mechanical or fluff)

It's not as useful mechanically. It's as useful as you want it to be for roleplaying/storytelling purposes.

quote:
---Metallic dragons were always brass, bronze, copper, silver, and gold (not killing off 2 whole species and adding in iron and adamantine)

No dragon types are being killed off, they are just coming later. As far as I know, no metallics dragons have showed up yet anyway (they weren't in the MM).

quote:
I mean, it's as bad as making an official Legend of Zelda video game where Link has a voice-over, the Master Sword is now the Master Axe, and the Triforce was too complex to be 3 triangles of ultimate power, 2 is ok, but why not make it just 1 triforce to simplify things? Or an official Mario game where the Mario Bros. are Russian plumbers instead of Italian plumbers and wearing blue and yellow suits instead of red and green...

OMG, this reminds me too much of the silly youtube videos I'm always posting on WotC (with Link, Mario and Luigi, etc.).

And by the way, Link has a voice-over in those.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 13 Jul 2008 04:20:25
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2008 :  17:09:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went by my FLGS yesterday, for the first time in a couple of months. I had to make sure he was going to get in TRO 3075 for me...

One thing I asked him about was if he was going to discount the 3.x stuff. And he's not. Why? Because he's seeing a majority of his customers try out 4E, and then revert back to 3.5.

I think that says something about 4E's success.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rhone Ethenkhar
Acolyte

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2008 :  21:05:51  Show Profile  Visit Rhone Ethenkhar's Homepage Send Rhone Ethenkhar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would have to say it stopped being D&D when:.....

That was by far, one of the most entertaining posts I have read in awhile. I loved the examples of Mario and Link! Oh, I also happen to agree on the points you mentioned, to a large degree on almost all of them! Thanks for the good read!

" Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment, and will die here like rotten cabbages...I intend to discover who are the prisoners and who are the warders." -the Prisoner
Go to Top of Page

Rhone Ethenkhar
Acolyte

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2008 :  21:12:50  Show Profile  Visit Rhone Ethenkhar's Homepage Send Rhone Ethenkhar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I went by my FLGS yesterday, for the first time in a couple of months. I had to make sure he was going to get in TRO 3075 for me...

One thing I asked him about was if he was going to discount the 3.x stuff. And he's not. Why? Because he's seeing a majority of his customers try out 4E, and then revert back to 3.5.

I think that says something about 4E's success.

Interesting. While I was down in Ann Arbor, I stopped in at a FLGS and picked up some hard to find things (in my neck of the woods, it is tough to find things that are not WotC or White Wolf). Anyway, I asked the fellow there who was working how 4e was doing. He said, surprisingly well. But then he sort of qualified that comment; those who knew what to expect more or less, came away happy. Those who did not anticipate what is, imho, a different game, were not too pleased.

I am going to try out 4e for the first time on Friday night. I think it will be fun and play more like a board game (think Talisman or Hero Quest). I don't doubt I will enjoy game play. I do not think however, it will become a serious alternative to 3e or any other edition of D$D I play.

" Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment, and will die here like rotten cabbages...I intend to discover who are the prisoners and who are the warders." -the Prisoner
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2008 :  21:46:56  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When a game relies on stat cards to run encounters, its starts to move away from being an RPG, in my opinion. Cards and 'pieces' (miniatures) that move along 'squares' sounds like a completely different kind of game.

Being an Warmachine player as well, I can help but note the striking similarities.

And Wooly - my LGS guy said he sold MORE 3e books following the 2007 Gencon announcment then he has in the last three years combined.

And they are STILL out-selling the 4e books around here.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Rhone Ethenkhar
Acolyte

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  01:12:34  Show Profile  Visit Rhone Ethenkhar's Homepage Send Rhone Ethenkhar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Incidentally, I hope my posting did not come across as trying to prove anyone wrong here in regards to sales of 4e books, or anything. Rather, I was pleased to hear that 3e books are still doing strong! I hope it continues. Just my experience while visiting in the U.S. was a little different. Have no idea how it is doing up here in Canada, btw.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  01:55:41  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it doesn't affect my opinion one way or the other, but about 98% of the regulars at my FLGS are 100% devoted to 4th edition, and even the deep discounts on the 3.5 books left on the shelves don't move anyone to pick them up. Of course, I already had most of them, so I'm out (except that I might pick up Expedition to Castle Greyhawk, even though I initially wasn't that interested).
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  02:54:30  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spells stilled, all:

I have an idea on how Hasbro will write themselves out of
this when they realise it will be a tremendous flop.
With Mystra gone, nobody is around to stop the alteration
of history with chronomancy spells. So they could just have
Elminster come in with an old spellbook out of Netheril and set
everything straight. Simple no
Anyway, wouldn't an Ed novel dealing with a temporal flux be
an absolute graet read

Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  17:31:42  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, any RPG-setting, novel, comic book, movie, or TV-series involving any kind of time-travel that isn't a never-mind-the-plot-holes comedy will be the worse for using it. Even including Babylon 5 and Harry Potter.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  18:51:59  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Actually, any RPG-setting, novel, comic book, movie, or TV-series involving any kind of time-travel that isn't a never-mind-the-plot-holes comedy will be the worse for using it. Even including Babylon 5 and Harry Potter.
I disagree, Doctor Who (the new one started in 2005) is the best SciFi TV show I have ever seen.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  20:21:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can't really agree, either. I loved Babylon 5, and the Dragginglance Legends trilogy did it pretty well.

Besides, there's not really any other method to undo the Sellplague, since they've jumped the shark the timeline forward.

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  20:53:49  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spells stilled, Furry Rodent:

What do you mean by jump the shark? I think I have heard of that before
but cannot figure out where.
I do like the alternative timeline that was presented by one of our fellow
sages here. I plan on using that when I run Realms in the future. But, can you think about
the stuff Ed can backright about if he were to do a trilogy about adventurers that
go back in time to stop this fart... I mean farce.
Subplots in subplots.....
Oh wait, I just forgot about something, I need to ask Ed a question about this.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  22:16:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Spells stilled, Furry Rodent:

What do you mean by jump the shark? I think I have heard of that before
but cannot figure out where.

Wikipedia explains it quite well: Jumping the Shark.

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  22:39:45  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I can't really agree, either. I loved Babylon 5, and the Dragginglance Legends trilogy did it pretty well.

Besides, there's not really any other method to undo the Sellplague, since they've jumped the shark the timeline forward.

True, but if someone knew what was bound to happen in 1385 DR before it was actually happening he could go back in time to prevent that event.

All of this has happened before and will happen again

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  23:48:16  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah, but if you prevented it, it didn't happen.
So you actually didn't know it happened (because it didn't), and you never took your trip back in time to prevent it.
So it wasn't prevented.
So it happened after all.
So then you did know, and you did go back in time...

I love time travel stories!
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  00:16:04  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Ah, but if you prevented it, it didn't happen.
So you actually didn't know it happened (because it didn't), and you never took your trip back in time to prevent it.
So it wasn't prevented.
So it happened after all.
So then you did know, and you did go back in time...

I love time travel stories!

Richard, you've just convinced me that you should be part of the 5E FR Design Team -- you know, to make all that silliness of the Spellplague go away. No, wait, you would probably just introduce another Edition-Shaking Event (ESE) called... the Timeplague!

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm

Edited by - Asgetrion on 17 Jul 2008 00:17:07
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  00:17:33  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

quote:

quote:

True, but if someone knew what was bound to happen in 1385 DR before it was actually happening he could go back in time to prevent that event.

Hm . . . that almost sounds like something someone wrote up at one point in time . . .
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  00:21:46  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

quote:

quote:

Hm . . . that almost sounds like something someone wrote up at one point in time . . .

I know, and I like your version!

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  01:42:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Whoa! I love Babylon 5. And I thought it handled the subject of time-travel rather well -- far better than most well-known television sci-fi shows, including Star Trek.

And the DRAGONLANCE Legends trilogy was probably among the best "fantasy time-travel stories" I've ever read.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  03:15:19  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

4E - Jumping the Shark!

Now that's just absolutely brilliant Wooly Rupert.

You've lasered in on what is so suspect about this whole premise of the Spellplague and massive dramatic upheaval in FR.

I wonder if WoTC are aware that they've jumped the shark yet?

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  09:06:05  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Whoa! I love Babylon 5. And I thought it handled the subject of time-travel rather well -- far better than most well-known television sci-fi shows, including Star Trek.

And the DRAGONLANCE Legends trilogy was probably among the best "fantasy time-travel stories" I've ever read.

I said "worse for using it," not bad. I love Babyolon 5 (bought and watched season 4 less than a month ago, actually) - but I'd loved it even more without the whole Babylon squared mess. And um... wrong universe to discuss on this board I guess.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  09:09:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Kaje.

I read this scroll far too early this morning.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  17:27:14  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spells stilled, Sage:

Dollars to doughnuts that Wotc has no clue,
or they really are being dictated to
by people in suits that think all dice
should be cubical, white, and 6 sided.
Probably have never rolled a saving
throw in their live, and have no idea
about why "I shoot a magic missle into
the darkness" is so D... funny.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2008 :  04:32:24  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, the Spellplague isn't all that bad (its just the ToT on steroids). In fact, I've grown to embrace it (it appears in the last 3e FR product).

I think that Abeir Jumped the Shark, and the century timejump just does it backwards and blind-folded.

@Richard Lee Byers - but you've forgotten all we have learned from the BEST all-time Time-Traveling movie - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Just leave yourself a note so you know to go back and change things.

And Babylon 5 stole Chekov, so I never watched a single episode (even though I did play the B5 miniatures game). Dr. Who is hit-or-miss for me - some story-lines are great, and others appear to be written by a three-year-old. I loved the 'Ood' though, lifted wholesale from D&D's Illithids.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Jul 2008 04:34:20
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 62 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000