Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Game Of Thrones Get Greenlight!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2010 :  14:20:55  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/hbo-greenlights-game-of-thrones-.html

Good news for any fan wanting to see more of this genre hit the screen!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2010 :  15:40:11  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I SO cannot wait for this: I have to say, though; my primary concern is that (and I feel like an ass saying this) GRRM won't survive to finish the series.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2010 :  15:47:57  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bloody w00t!

"Sopranos with swords" is how they describe it, eh? Sounds about right.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2010 :  21:46:19  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess I'm going to have to switch over from Starz/Encore to HBO!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2010 :  23:38:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Bloody w00t!
Hey, that's normally my line.

I'll second Erik's grand commentary, however. Having just recently read through some of the books in the GoT series [and the older game books for that matter], I'm kinda keen on the idea of seeing what this series will be like.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2010 :  17:12:08  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knight of the Gate

I have to say, though; my primary concern is that (and I feel like an ass saying this) GRRM won't survive to finish the series.

Well, the last time I saw him (which was a couple years ago, when Feast for Crows came out) he seemed pretty spry. And he's only 61 going on 62, so IMO the odds are good.

That kind of project helps you live longer, too, so there's that.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2010 :  17:53:31  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's good to hear you say that, Erik; I had heard exactly the opposite about his health. And, to be clear, finishing a series of books isn't the only reason I'd love to see him get another healthy 60 years.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2010 :  18:37:32  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh totally. I want him to live as long as he likes, and (of course) to give us as many books as possible!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2010 :  19:20:23  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That Promo image of Will Snow surveying the corpses on the frozen ground really hit it home that this is happening.

10 episodes(including the pilot) and supposedly the budget is $4.5 million per episode, and rumors of matching funds and such this from the local gov't...it should be great!

And a sidenote stated A Dance With Dragons is up another 50 or 60 pages to 1311...and is not done yet!

So long live GRR, Lord knows he needs all the time he can get!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000