Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 No FR RPG products in Jan-Apr 2008
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2007 :  00:10:08  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually they did because I saw the press release on ENworld. :) No, I can't find it now. However, many WOTC people have also said they have at least 3.5e sourcebooks far into 2008. So, to announce it at Gencon of this year makes no sense.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 05 Aug 2007 00:20:44
Go to Top of Page

Athenon
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2007 :  16:31:31  Show Profile  Visit Athenon's Homepage Send Athenon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read EN World too - great site. http://www.enworld.org/archive/index.php/t-171305.html Reading the 1st and 4th posts, you'll see that it was Kevin Wilson talking to attendees on the dealer room floor. This was posted on the front page of EN World last summer. It's still probably valid or at least was.

I don't try to understand WotC's logic. What makes sense to them has never made sense to me. What I can say though, is that if they're going to avoid obvious Realms products like a Cormyr or Sembia setting book in 3.5 and if 4E heralds a renewed interest in source books, then bring on 4E.

I just feel that the things that we've seen on the slate for the next 8 months seem really weak. It seems like there should be a plausible reason for that.

Will Maranto

Representing the Realms in the Wilds of Northern Louisiana
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2007 :  16:38:48  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt its saving them for 4th edition that is keeping WOTC from doing regional sourcebooks. They have given numerous indications that they want to move away from them over the last few years. They may change their mind, but I doubt its because they are saving regional sourcebooks for a new edition.

I've given up trying to figure out potential new edition news one way or the other. Its just a frustrating practice that I don't think produces anything good. We know that WOTC officials have said there will be no 4th edition products through 2008, and we know that Rich has said that we shouldn't read too much into this glimpse at the schedule.

I'd rather speculate about what might be coming up from a Realms perspective than go around in circles about WOTC grand plans.

That having been said, if WOTC wanted to do a 3.5 Revised FRCS with updated information from all of the recent novels and sourcebooks, I'd not have a problem with that.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2007 :  00:19:20  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

That having been said, if WOTC wanted to do a 3.5 Revised FRCS with updated information from all of the recent novels and sourcebooks, I'd not have a problem with that.

Neither would I. As I said before though, the moment 4E comes out, I'll stop buying D&D Core products. I may buy Realms stuff still at that point, provided they're fluffy (as I'll have no need for 4E crunch at that point)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000