Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Please answer to Scott Rouse
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2007 :  04:52:11  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, please answer to this thread on ENworld :

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=203542&page=1

My answer :

Grand History of The Realms : oops ! You already did it ! That's great!

1. Faiths of Faerūn : Like many said previously, more details about each faith : the rituals, the orders, the holydays, etc. Also, at the end, an extended Temple/Shrine list of all faiths (start with the one available on Candlekeep).

2. Beyond Faerūn : Everyting you need to plan a trip for Faerunian adventurers to Kara-Tur, Zhakara, Maztica, Anachrome, Osse, etc.

3. Cities of the Heartlands : In FRA style.

4. Life in Faerūn : In PoF style, finally giving Ed Greenwood the space to talk about the common folks of the Realms and how they live.

5. Faces of Faerūn : An NPC book featuring the tons of NPC that can be found in Ed's notes and past game material, or NPCs that got a minor role in his (or others) novels. In other words, no Chosen, Drizzt nor "just created" NPC by randomly chosen designer. For example, look at Ed's answers on Candlekeep for his "top ten money bags in Faerūn".

6. Candlekeep's secrets : Firstly, a chapter about Candlekeep itself than a collection of written lore : Stories, mysteries, bard's songs, everything you want. Some "out of game" sidebars could be added if usefull.

From a previous poster :

7. The Howling Hordes : sourcebook on the goblinoids of Faerūn (goblins, orcs et. al.).

8. The Hidden City : sourcebook on the returned city of Rhymanthiin introduced in Steven Schend's 'Blackstaff' novel.

... and one I'm sure will never be done : A full art book that picture different landscape, cities & towns, famous NPCs (including monstrous ones), etc. Same kind of thing that was done for LoTR. Of course I know it wouldn't be cheap.

Edited by - Skeptic on 11 Aug 2007 19:14:38

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2007 :  04:14:12  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't do a full FR list. I guess its because he was theorizing a year's worth of products, so I figured I would try to show what I thought would make good "core" products as well as FR products (though I don't know Eberron well enough to come up with any products there . . . and hey, I only had 8 to spearhead).

I also tried to set these up as the "opening salvo" of new product direction. In other words, these would be the only ones I want to come out, but they are ones that I think would signify a new focus and direction for the line, and then the next year similar items could be built on.

At any rate, this is what I posted:

Faiths of Faerun: You know of the gods, their plans, their hopes and dreams. But what do you know about their churches, followers, rituals, and myths. This sourcebook focuses on the various churches of Faerun, the separate orders of the churches, the most infamous heresies, and presents initiate feats and prestige classes for all of the major churches of Faerun (many adapted for the first time from the specialty priests of Faiths and Avatars, Powers and Pantheons, and Demihuman Deities. 160 pages; 29.95

Giantcraft: Adventurers come to fear the dreaded thundering footsteps of the Joten, and the tile of Giantslayer is a great honor, but is there more to giant society? This sourcebook deals with the societies of the giants, their gods, their magic, and the secrets of antiquity. From the Titan's War to the All Father's Exile, from frost giant jarls to fire giant khans, learn the secrets of Giantcraft. 224 pages; 34.95

The Codex of Vecna: Secrets of the Planes: Ancient mysteries of the worlds of D&D revealed! How can travelers from Faerun find the Abyss, but not enter portals to Limbo? Why did the mysterious Mercane seek refuge from the Sea of Night they once called home? What is the Demiplane of Dread, and how can it reach into dispartiate realities to spread its nightmares? And were the legendary worlds of Krynn or Athas ever really connected to the multiverse? Answers to questions about the very multiverse of D&D, some of these issues have yet to have been clarified, but all the secrets will be revealed, thanks to the hand of the god that nearly unraveled them all. 224 pages; 34.95

Beyond Faerun--Kara-Tur, Zhakara, Maztica, and Beyond: Take a whirlwind tour of the rest of the world of Toril, from the sands of Zhakara, to the jungles of Maztica, to the isle of Kara-Tur, and with stops on continents not yet explored in any Forgotten Realms product. With details on the explorers, trading companies, and portals that connect Faerun to the rest of Toril, and with an emphasis on supporting campaigning in Faerun while exploring the vast reaches of the world, this sourcebook is your guide to what has transpired Beyond Faerun. 160 pages, 29.95

Wind and Fury, A Guide to the Fey: From the plane of Faerie to the old back woods, from the Crossroads and Backroads to the Fey Mounds, the Seelie, the Unseelie, and the fey in between. This is a guide to the wild, passionate, primal beings known as the fey, from the court intriges of the Queen of Air and Darkness to the primal guardians of the world. The the mysterious sidhe and all of their cousins reveal there secrets to you in this sourcebook. 160 pages; 29.95

Heartlands of Fearun: Cormyr, Sembia, and the Dalelands . . . these are the nations that spring to mind when adventurers think of the Heartlands. They seem so familiar, but in recent years, all of them have known war, strife, and great change. And never have they yielded up all of their secrets. Not only does this sourcebook bring recent events in adventures and novels up to date in this sourcebook, but there are also detailed sections on the nobility of Cormyr, the merchant houses of Sembia, and the trading coasters of the Dalelands, and this sourcbook also presents this information in two parts . . . the general knowledge that adventurers would know, and the secrets that will challenge them. 224 pages; 34.95

Volo's Guide to Neverwinter: The first in an exciting new series of guides to the independant and infamous cities of the Realms, Volo's Guide to Neverwinter presents information that the fearless traveling sage presents to the masses of Fearun, with a second section with the "real story" from the Sage of Shadowdale, Elminster. This first guide looks at Neverwinter, and details and updates the famous city of the North, from its waterclocks and intricate glasswork, to its deadly catacombs and the nearby Neverwinter Woods. Softcover, 32 pages; 9.95

Elements of the Eternal--A Guide to the Elemental Planes: Adventurers hear tales of the City of Brass and the war between the Efreet and the Djinn. Legends of the Wind Dukes of Aaqa survive to the present day. But how much do they know about the Elemental Princes of Good and Evil? Cities within the Great Dismal Delve and the vast Skysea await adventurers bold enough to travel to the planes that the gods themselves used to create reality. 160 pages; 29.95
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2007 :  05:03:16  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My ideas were..

A Book of Intrigue would be great. 160 pages of details on Harper plots, Zhentarim politics, how infiltration works when your enemy has lots of magical divination spells, stuff like that.

Bardic Songbook. What Songs are sung in the Realms? What is the Bard in the Inn going to be singing? Exactly what sort of rumours are going round the realms? Just chain Elaine Cunningham to a typewriter and have her pump out songs!

Faiths of Faerśn. Long overdue. A sourcebook looking in depth at the various religions, their rituals, holy days, what the churchs look like, what they say. Things like that. Would need to be huge to fit everything in though.

Finally, a Volo's Almanac. 32 pages every December detailing the latest changes to the game world.
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2007 :  06:50:54  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

My ideas were..

Finally, a Volo's Almanac. 32 pages every December detailing the latest changes to the game world.

Hello-

I must say that I really like the idea of this... I seem to recall they did an almanac for the Known World once or twice...

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2007 :  10:02:17  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dhomal

quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

My ideas were..

Hello-

I must say that I really like the idea of this... I seem to recall they did an almanac for the Known World once or twice...

Dhomal

A tradition that has been continued by fans of the setting to this day. The Vaults of Pandius and others are keeping the world very much alive and producing quality information for Mystara.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2007 :  15:17:02  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Faiths of Faerun: as Knight Errant described

Stout Folk of Faerun: a 90-pages Realms book on dwarves... long overdue.

Forgotten Folk of Faerun: a 90-pages Realms book on gnomes... long overdue.

Tel'Quessir of Faerun: a 90-pages Realms book on elves... long overdue.

Hin of Faerun: a 90-pages Realms book on halflings... long overdue.

Depths of Faerun: inhabitants of the underwater worlds of Faerun, from the Sea of Fallen Stars to the underwater guardians surrounding the island of Evermeet. Explore their cities, uncover their treasures and take a ride on the Leviathan express that leaves daily from Waterdeep harbor...

Heartlands of Faerun: as Knight Errant described

Sword Coast: Baldur's Gate, Amn, Tethyr, Calimshan and the all the island nations found offshore... Explore the Moonshaes and uncover the technological wonders of Lantan. Sign up for the next anti-pirate sailing patrol to keep your waters free of tyranny, or head to Mintarn to join the pirates instead. 224 pages; 34.95

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2007 :  16:11:33  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still don't understand the thinking behind wanting the Heartlands to get proportionally less detail than the outlying Realms rather than more.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2007 :  19:18:54  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think its interesting that not only are the Heartlands getting a lot of nominations, but so are the Beyond Faerun concept, the Faiths of Faerun concept, and, much to my happy surprise, a Cold Lands sourcebook.

Time to draft George as a lead designer, I say . . .
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2007 :  22:37:09  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My list...

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting: A revision of the the classic D&D high fantasy setting for any edition of the game. No rules, just realmslore and maps. By Ed Greenwood, Jeff Grubb, Sean K Reynolds and Rich Baker. 320 pages.

Greyhawk Campaign Setting: A revision of the the classic D&D fantasy setting for any edition of the game. By Erik Mona and Sean K Reynolds. 224 pages.

Mystara Campaign Setting: A revision of the the classic D&D High Fantasy setting for any edition of the game. By Aaron Allston & Bruce Heard (?). 224 pages.

Revised Manual of the Planes. A comprehensive guide to the planes for any edition of the game. By Wolfgang Baur, James Jacobs and Jeff Grubb. 224 pages.

Beyond Faerūn: The lands beyond Faerūn. By Ed Greenwood, Wolfgang Baur, Sean K Reynolds and Jeff Grubb. 224 pages.

Faith of Faerūn: A comprehensive look on the churches of Faerūn. By Ed Greenwood and Eric Boyd. 160 pages.

Cities of the Heartlands: Chapter 4 from Forgotten Realms Adventures (1990) updated and expanded. By Ed Greenwood, George Krashos, Jeff Grubb and Eric Boyd. 1648 pages.

Epic Adventures: Plot hooks and advice on running epic level adventures, with 3.5 conversion of the remaining epic character rules and fast monster advancement rules. By Wolfgang Baur and James Jacobs, with Bruce Cordell. 160 pages.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2007 :  01:07:50  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord
... Jeff Grubb ...

.. and I thought that my art book was wishfull thinking
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2007 :  04:24:09  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

4. Life in Faerūn : In PoF style, finally giving Ed Greenwood the space to talk about the common folks of the Realms and how they live.

What an awesome idea! After all, most adventurers come from ordinary backgrounds. That the focus tends to be on the rich and powerful (in novels and sourcebooks) is a bit ridiculous, from my perspective anyway.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 12 Aug 2007 04:24:52
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2007 :  11:44:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

I think its interesting that not only are the Heartlands getting a lot of nominations, but so are the Beyond Faerun concept, the Faiths of Faerun concept, and, much to my happy surprise, a Cold Lands sourcebook.

Time to draft George as a lead designer, I say . . .

I don't think that I've got the runs on the board for a lead designer gig. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've got the runs on the board for a junior designer gig. As always, I'm happy to lend a hand with any FR products in any way that the powers that be think appropriate. Hopefully I'll get to chat to some of those powers that be at GEN-CON.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2007 :  12:20:43  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1 Fey Book
2 Dwarf Book
3 Fey Book
4 Dwarf Book
5 Fey Book
6 Dwarf Book
7 Fey Book
8 Dwarf Book

thats my list *g*

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2007 :  17:15:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

1 Fey Book
2 Dwarf Book
3 Fey Book
4 Dwarf Book
5 Fey Book
6 Dwarf Book
7 Fey Book
8 Dwarf Book

thats my list *g*

What about a dwarf book?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000