Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 What would you feed your Deepspawn?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matan Thunder
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  07:47:21  Show Profile  Visit Matan Thunder's Homepage Send Matan Thunder a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
cc

Turn them all into rainbow colored mushrooms and drop them from 300' to the tune from the "Anvil Chorus".

Edited by - Matan Thunder on 01 Apr 2007 07:07:11

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  10:00:19  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd probably feed it a Redspawn Birther (Dragons of Faerun). When you feed that creature other creatures, it gives birth to hybrids. The deepspawn could have not only existing creatures under its control, but also new and hideously twisted ones.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  11:16:17  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am sorry but I asked my little sister what the most dangerous creature she knew in D & D, and she sends me this creature.

World's Most Dangerous Creature
http://www.toilette-humor.com/cartoon.html

But okay I would feed it :

- Dream Larva
- Chichimec
- Infernal
- Phane

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Kazzaroth
Learned Scribe

Finland
104 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  12:51:19  Show Profile  Visit Kazzaroth's Homepage Send Kazzaroth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would suggest epic creatures too :). But if we want non-epic (and not repeat earlier ideas) I would suggest;

-Gileth (MM III, the goat legged fey woman who drowned people)
-Deep Dragon (Level drain via breath weapon...ouch. Hard spot in dark too. Faerun MC)
-Black Ooze (or was it puddling?)
-Beholder (general)
-Rust Monster (every meta wearing adventurer's nightmare lol. Probably a advanced version)
-Annihilator (Underdark book, it could replace rust mosnter entry because it looks same but touch makes disintegrate effect)
-Ogre Mage (for versatile abilities and also strong brute)
-Summoning Ooze (preferably large as possible HD wise. It can summon any creatures while it is active and summoning effects had long duration. Severall these can fill dungoen whit any summonable critters, including outsiders. From MM III)
-Faerezz Minotaur (template from Underdark book, standard minotaur and reason is that I asume dungeon is in Underdark so faerezz creature would have advantage to stay in the maze and who's better maze guardian than minotaur.)
-Draegloth (hard ass melee brute and as native outsider it is suitable for feed. Champions of Ruin or Faerun MC.)
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  14:59:50  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(humor)
hmmmm lets see....
-Succubus
-Dryad
-Siren
-Nymph
-Good looking female Sorceresses and Bards
-Oh and some priestesses of Sharess and Sune

After that i would date my (good looking) deepspawn :-D
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  16:01:37  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn, you beat me to it Marquant. There's no more valuable piece of real estate. Question though, since they are birthed, would they still be virgins? I mean, what evil male drow wizard wouldn't pay huge cash for a virgin succubus.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  17:11:55  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh, and another option... setup a guillotine nearby and feed it a gorgon. Start a factory that provides gorgon's blood to be mixed with clay and mortar.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  22:19:34  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see alot of Outsiders listed, those aren't allowed as they aren't native to the Material Plane.
Kazzaroth: Deep Dragons have a Corrosive Breath Weapon, you are thinking of a Shadow Dragon.

As to my choices:
Ancient or older Dragons would be at the top of my list along with Epic Creatures, but if none are available...

Tarrasque
Rust Monster
Annihilator
Beholder
Aboleth
Ulitharid
Illithid
Greater Doppelganger
Nymph
Ogre Magi

would be some of the top picks

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Matan Thunder
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  00:54:39  Show Profile  Visit Matan Thunder's Homepage Send Matan Thunder a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I really like all your posts. Some great ideas....I will look up that Redspawn Birther sounds like a real worker.

I just wanted to mention one problem with some of your monster choices. You can't use the planar creatures with a regular deepspawn, although I can easilly see the possibility of such assimilation for the Legendary Deepspawn. It would create some real problems for those epic level games too......

Later

Turn them all into rainbow colored mushrooms and drop them from 300' to the tune from the "Anvil Chorus".
Go to Top of Page

Matan Thunder
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2007 :  20:36:17  Show Profile  Visit Matan Thunder's Homepage Send Matan Thunder a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Another gamer on a different sight thought of a Deepspawn eating another deepspawn......now the spawn of the spawned deepspawns would protect the original deepspawn.

Funny!!!!!1

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2007 :  14:22:04  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

I am sorry but I asked my little sister what the most dangerous creature she knew in D & D, and she sends me this creature.

World's Most Dangerous Creature
http://www.toilette-humor.com/cartoon.html

Charmed I'm sure.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Tyr
Learned Scribe

225 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2007 :  15:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Tyr's Homepage Send Tyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How exactly would you feed a Tarrasque to a deepspawn?
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2007 :  15:34:43  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks.. and yes Reefy

Chop it up in small bits Tyr

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Forgotten Ghost
Acolyte

Australia
36 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  03:55:37  Show Profile  Visit Forgotten Ghost's Homepage Send Forgotten Ghost a Private Message  Reply with Quote
not the simbul, elminster or any other super powerful person but I wouldn't mind feeding my deep spawn Charlize Theron you can never have enough charliz theron. Or perhaps some penguines in full plate.
Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  18:20:36  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only answer I've got depends upon the existance and continued production of potions of longevity. If the could still be made and still require elves blood then;
I'd feed it an elf, then I'd harvest all the elves it spat out for thier blood and sell that blood to the red wizards.

Elves + Archmages = profit!
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  22:41:39  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyr

How exactly would you feed a Tarrasque to a deepspawn?

With some difficulty, but once you have fed the Tarrasque to it, you can have an army of them...

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000