Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 updated daggerford?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lokilokust
Seeker

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2007 :  13:51:09  Show Profile  Visit lokilokust's Homepage Send lokilokust a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
does anyone recall if the charming burg of daggerford has been updated at all since 'the north' boxed set?
(and if so... details?)

yrs. in exile,
-s.j. bagley

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2007 :  13:53:18  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think not, but I can't remember is Volo's Guide to the North came before or after that boxed set.

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2007 :  14:37:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
VGttN was released in 1993. The North boxed set was published in 1996.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2007 :  14:39:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As for a Daggerford update... There's no specific treatment in 3e.

Though, Eric managed to slip a few tidbits about Daggerford in the second web enhancement for City of Splendors: Waterdeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  19:11:14  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The web enhancement for the Age of Worms adventures featured in Dungeon Magazine 124 and/or 125, "The Whispering Cairn" and "Return to the Whispering Cairn" (enhancements available as free downloads from Paizo.com) feature Eric's adaptation of Diamond Lake as Daggerford. If one accepts the adaptation as canonical, Duke Pwyll and his family were all poisoned "about two years ago," i.e., in about 1372, and rulership passed to a brother of "Yellowknife" Ondabar's from Irieabor. Eric discusses Daggerford's current system of "hidden lords" (whose identity almost everyone knows) and incorporates the Age of Worms mining problems as guild struggles for power in Daggerford.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2007 :  22:44:23  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

The web enhancement for the Age of Worms adventures featured in Dungeon Magazine 124 and/or 125, "The Whispering Cairn" and "Return to the Whispering Cairn" (enhancements available as free downloads from Paizo.com) feature Eric's adaptation of Diamond Lake as Daggerford. If one accepts the adaptation as canonical, Duke Pwyll and his family were all poisoned "about two years ago," i.e., in about 1372, and rulership passed to a brother of "Yellowknife" Ondabar's from Irieabor. Eric discusses Daggerford's current system of "hidden lords" (whose identity almost everyone knows) and incorporates the Age of Worms mining problems as guild struggles for power in Daggerford.

Yep and if you look in the NPCs thread that is sticky at the top of this section of the forums, there are 3.5E versions of the NPCs of Daggerford that I have done stats for.
Was working on a total conversion using the info from the Age of Worms conversion and also doing ALL the NPCs from The North box set listing but ran into a lack of free time.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2007 :  22:00:40  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Yep and if you look in the NPCs thread that is sticky at the top of this section of the forums, there are 3.5E versions of the NPCs of Daggerford that I have done stats for.
Was working on a total conversion using the info from the Age of Worms conversion and also doing ALL the NPCs from The North box set listing but ran into a lack of free time.

I wave my chronomancy wand and CREATE more time for you! Ta dah!

It worked, didn't it? I sure would like to see your work on Daggerford.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  15:50:23  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I'm in a Time Magic Dead Zone :(

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000