Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Candlekeep Magic Shop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  14:59:57  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bladeless Sword
This appears to be a broken sword with no blade, just a hilt. The hilt can be held one or two handed. When the hilt is held by anyone who has a sword proficiency they will realise that the sword has in fact got a blade. The exact blade type can be varied by the user to any they require, by a simple mental command which is given at the start of the round. Normal proficiency and class allowed rules apply, ie a thief could not use this as a two handed sword. The blade is visible to detect magic & detect invisible and similar powers. The sword does not give out light. The sword is +3 to hit & damage & can hit creatures on the border ethereal from the prime of vis versa, at no cross planes minus.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  15:01:29  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heartseeker
This is a 16" long stabbing dagger it is +2 to hit +1 damage. On any successfull hit a second d20 is rolled if the opponant has a heart.

Opponant Size Hits Heart on
Tiny 16+
Small 17+
Normal 18+
Large 19+
Gigantic 20

If the opponants heart is hit they must make a saving throw vs. death magic at minus 1 per point on the to hit dice more then the attacker needed to hit them or die, if the save is made they take double from the blow. After hitting a heart, even it the save is made, the dagger gains +1 damage for 5mrs, the otherwise white light turns red gradually turning white again over an hour & the dagger starts a low frequency whistle which increases in volume every time it hits a heart in the same melee and reduces in volume over a little time afterwards.

Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  15:09:43  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Akmeds Shuriken Holder
Description:

1. A leather wrist strap, with a embossed picture of a dragon eating its own tail around it;
2. A belt pouch, with a embossed image of a six pointed shuriken on it, which holds;
3. 12 six pointed shurikens.

Powers:
Whenever the user wants to throw a shuriken they mearly have to move thier hand to the position that they start to throw shurikens from, the magic of the wrist strap will detect this position and summon a shuriken from the pouch to the users hand, once thrown the shurikens return to the pouch, the removal of the need to get the shurikens out of storage etc allows the user to up thier fire rate from 3 to 4 per round. Use: The users hand position must first be programmed by them wearing the wrist band while holding one of the shurikens in the position that they start to throw them from and with their free hand tracing the shuriken pattern on the pouch. Then the user must become used to the shurikens teleporting into their hand in melee, to
do this the user rolls a d20 vs the average of their Dex, Int & Wis each time they attempt to summon a shuriken in real melee; a failure of 20 results in the shuriken being dropped, and teleporting back to the pouch, and the shot being lost; any other failure results in the user taking d2+1 damage but still being able to throw the shuriken normaly; if the user manages to successfully
catch the shurikens 12 times in a row then they no longer need to roll their dex to use the item, count as proficient and are allowed 4 shots per round. When thrown the shurikens teleport back to the pouch once they hit something solid. The pouch must be shut for the teleportation, in & out, to work. Spec's for the shurikens: Rate of fire 3 [4 when proficient]; 0.5 lbs weight each; ranges 2/4/6"; damage d4/d3; Magic bonus +2 to hit & damage [strength bonuses can be used]. If the strap is worn on the wrong wrist the shuriken will teleport into the mirror image position and will not be catchable unless the wearer is ambidextrous or either handed.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  08:58:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salabasha, there's no reason to repeat yourself.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  12:44:56  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage  Send Darkheyr an ICQ Message  Click to see Darkheyr's MSN Messenger address Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hate market prices. I really do Always been leaning more towards special components.

As for creation... I havent really thought of that; but I could imagine it involving some special materials from the various planes. Woven strands of ether (for the lute strings), the sulfurous soil of the Plane of Fire... :) Many possibilities.

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  14:49:51  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Salabasha, there's no reason to repeat yourself.

Funny thing, I don't remember doing that.
No more late night ale for me.

Go to Top of Page

green knight
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2004 :  14:06:25  Show Profile  Visit green knight's Homepage Send green knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met,I hope this works (its my fist post).
I have some magic items to share. Would the Sage of Perth prefer if I e-mail them to him first (I saw your addresss earlier in the thread) or just post them here?
Green Knight
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2869 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2004 :  15:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just post them here, like the rest of us have done.
We don't hand things off to the Sage first.
Go to Top of Page

green knight
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2004 :  19:36:13  Show Profile  Visit green knight's Homepage Send green knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
excellent, thank you.
well here is one
The Torc of the White Stag
This magic item is a carved and inlaid neck torc usually made from shaped stag antler, but as new and unique ones are made by various crafters the materials may vary. The name comes from the oldest know version of this item which was made from the antlers of a large white stag and was decorated with carvings of hunting the stag and silver inlay. As the creation of this item became more widespread various creators have used different names such as the torc of iron claws, or the hunters torc. The variations on the original design are many with varying armor and enhancement bonuses depending on the strength of the crafter or the needs of the users. Other variations include such things as dark vision (8,800 additional gp to base price) and bonuses to skills such as climb, swim, hide or move silently (2,200 additional gp to base price each ).
The oldest know version of this item was created by druidic shaman of the Blue Bear tribe of Uthgardt barbarians for use during rituals hunts where the hunter had to stalk and slay a stag with only a knife and his bare hands. After the Blue Bear tribe fell under the sway of Malar the knowledge of the item spread to various lycanthropes and groups such as the people of the black blood and the Grey wolf Uthgardt. After the tribe split into the Tree Ghost tribe the knowledge spread further among good aligned groups of lycanthropes and druids as well as the half orc monk/rangers of the order of the oaken tusk.
Due to the nature of the torc it adjusts in size to fit different sized creatures enabling some lycanthropes to wear the torc in there human (but not animal form unless it has the wild enchantment on it)as well as their hybrid form (assuming the hybrid form is medium sized and humanoid)

Three examples of the Torc are listed below

The lesser torc of the white stag
This piece of jewelry gives the wearer a +1 natural armor bonus as well as making up to two natural attacks (I.e. two hands, two claws etc) +1 to hit and damage. This item also makes the enhanced attacks deal regular damage (not subdual damage) and is considered armed.
Caster level: 3rd; Prerequisites: craft wondrous item, craft magic arms and armor, barkskin, magic fang; Market price: 6,400 gp; Cost to create: 3,200 gp and 256 xp.

The torc of the white stag
This piece gives the wearer a +3 natural armor bonus, a +2 to natural attacks and doubles the threat range of natural attacks. Natural attacks with it are considered armed attacks and do normal damage.
Caster level: 9th; Prerequisites: craft wondrous items, craft magic arms and armor, barkskin, greater magic fang, keen weapon or weapon of impact. Market price: 54,360 gp; Cost to create: 27,180 gp and 2175 xp.

The greater torc of the white stag
Version one: this piece gives the wearer a +5 natural armor bonus, a +3 to natural attacks and doubles the threat range of natural attacks. Natural attacks with it are considered armed attacks and do normal damage.
Caster level: 15th; Prerequisites: craft wondrous items, craft magic arms and armor, barkskin, greater magic fang, keen weapon or weapon of impact. Market price: 114,640 gp; Cost to create: 57,320 gp and 4,586 xp.

Version two: this piece gives the wearer a +2 natural armor bonus, a +3 to natural attacks and doubles the threat range of natural attacks, and the wild ability (from masters of the wild book). Natural attacks with it are considered armed attacks and do normal damage.
Caster level: 15th, Prerequisites: craft wondrous items, craft magic arms and armor, barkskin, greater magic fang, keen weapon or weapon of impact, meld into stone. Market price: 114,640 gp; Cost to create: 57,320 gp and 4,586 xp.

Green Knight

Edited by - green knight on 18 Apr 2004 19:41:24
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  05:09:21  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Green Knight? . . . I wonder, are you the same 'Green Knight' of Bretonnia fame?.

Anyway, it's best that you post your items directly here. That earlier post you mentioned, was just an agreement between the Bookwyrm and the Sage.

It's always best to post your items here, so they have the benefit of greater exposure for possible comment and/or suggestions for improvement (if any ).

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  06:34:36  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by green knight

Well met,I hope this works (its my fist post).
I have some magic items to share. Would the Sage of Perth prefer if I e-mail them to him first (I saw your addresss earlier in the thread) or just post them here?
Green Knight

That, as the Lady Kazandra said, was a temporary arrangement between the Sage and myself. I wasn't very clear on how pricing and prerequisites were handled then; I'd just thought up some interesting items and gave them to him to evaluate. If you read further into it, I started posting on my own with my first three spells. Though in actuality, I only just got an understanding of proper pricing with 3.5e, which has slightly more streamlined rules for this.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

green knight
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  12:40:13  Show Profile  Visit green knight's Homepage Send green knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well met all and thank you for the info I will definatly be posting some items then. I am not 100% sure of the pricing either I am still working our some of the details, and these were done in 3.0, I have some 3.5 material but my group uses 3.0 still.

quote:
The Green Knight? . . . I wonder, are you the same 'Green Knight' of Bretonnia fame?.

sorry, I am not.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  13:03:04  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pricing is not a problem, just post your items here. I'm sure someone will be willing to help.

I myself have several items to post that I'm not too sure about, but both Shadowlord and the Bookwyrm have convinced me to post . . . we all have to start somewhere .

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

green knight
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2004 :  01:35:37  Show Profile  Visit green knight's Homepage Send green knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is another one

ECLIPSE

This +2 large round mithril shield is adorned with the holy symbol of Selune on the face and is considered a blessed and sanctified holy symbol for the purpose of turning undead or spell casting. Its powers include light as full moonlight on command, and a number of times per day of 1 + wielders charisma modifier (but never less then once a day) the wielder can force lycanthropes to revert to their human form. On command a cone of moonlight springs from the shield, any lycanthropes caught in the cone must make a will save vs. a DC of 14 + wielders charisma modifier, if they make the save by more then 3 nothing happens if they save but by less than 3 they take -2 to attack (for 5 rounds) as they fight off the compulsion, if they fail the save they revert to their human form for 5 rounds.
As a holy symbol of Selune the use of the shield by clerics and more devout worshipers of other deities may result in sanctions by their God ( DMs discretion). Being made out of mithril the shield only weighs 5 lbs, has no armor check penalty and no arcane spell failure chance.
Caster level: 7th ; Prerequisites: craft magic arms and armor, greater moonbeam, bless, creator must have access to moon domain; Market price: 8,345 gp; cost to create: 4,672 gp & 335 xp

Greater Moonbeam spell
Evocation [light]
Level: Clr 4
Components: V,S,M/DF
Casting time: 1 action
Range: close (25 ft + 5 ft/ 2 levels)
Area: cone
Duration: 1 minute/level (D)
Saving throw: none or will negates (see text)
Spell resistance: no

A cone of moonlight springs from casters hand as bright as full moonlight. Each round caster may change direction light points. Lycanthropes caught in the cone must make a will save or revert to human form, if save succeeds by less than 3 lycanthrope attacks at -2 for as long as they remain bathed in the light but does not change. Lycanthropes forced to change cannot change form while bathed in the light. Undead caught in the cone attack at -2 while bathed in the light. Greater moonbeam dispels any darkness spell of equal or lesser level, Darkness spells of higher level block greater moonbeam.
material component: a pinch of white powder
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2869 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  06:16:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm should get this one.

Statuette of Illusionary Annoyance

Once per day, this statuette can be used to project an image of whatever creature the statuette represents. If this image is spoken to, the statuette says a simple, short answer(chosen at the time of creation).

CL 11th; Prerequisites Craft Wondrous Item, magic mouth, permanency, programmed image.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  06:33:24  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, ha, ha, ha.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2869 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  06:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feel free to create a thinly veiled jab at my technical references.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  07:37:46  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I think of something, I'll let you know.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  08:39:52  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage  Click to see Lord Rad's MSN Messenger address Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Bookwyrm should get this one.

Statuette of Illusionary Annoyance

Once per day, this statuette can be used to project an image of whatever creature the statuette represents. If this image is spoken to, the statuette says a simple, short answer(chosen at the time of creation).

CL 11th; Prerequisites Craft Wondrous Item, magic mouth, permanency, programmed image.

::chuckle:: ::guffaw::

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  08:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's not what Arivia was refering to (it being something from a private conversation -- discussed moments before this item appeared here), but members of Candlekeep can consider this image to be repeating "Icewind Dale comes first!"

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2004 :  09:20:41  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage  Send Shadowlord an AOL message Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure I'd understand better if I hadn't just come from a Neverwinter Nights PvP Server, and heard people play their voicesets over, and over, and over, and it never ended....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  14:58:50  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Armor of Convenience
This armor is the same as plate mail +2 but has the additional property of being able to assemble or disassemble itself on command. At a magic command word the armor leaps into the frame of the the wearer and positions and buckles itself accordingly. Similarly at another magic command word the armor unfastens and removes itself from the wearer's body and stacks into a neat pile. Both assembly and disassembly take 1 round/turn.

Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  15:00:10  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shield of Protection
This is a shield +1 but has the additional property of being able to cast a minor globe of invulnerability once per day as per the wizard spell. The spell is centered on the shield which must be relinquished to leave the globe. The globe can be dismissed by the shield wielder at any time.

Thieve's Armor
This armor is leather armor +3. It also grants any thief who wears it a bonus of +5 on all thieve's skill checks and allows the thief to become invisible, as per the wizard spell, once per day

Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  15:05:29  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Shield of the Arctic
The Shield of the Arctic was forged by Dwarven smiths and then bought by Eleven sorcerers. They imbued it with the powers of the Arctic. It is well made and of medium size, it has the symbol (in iron) of a polar bear. It is quite cold to the touch and often there is an unexpected chill breeze around it. When the user readies it for combat the wearer gains the ability to control its powers. The one power he cannot control is its natural defense. If the adventurer blocks a blow nothing happens, but if it is about to get past the shield then the shield grows in size by having ice form around its edges. Even if the wearer is attacked from behind it will instantly encapsulate him in ice. The ice pulls back until it is gone after 20 seconds of not being attacked. The shield is encased in this ice but the wearer will not be able to touch it, it will move out of his reach. If the user stops holding the shield it will drop the ice prematurely and he will be exposed. The wearer becomes immune to the cold while he is in possession of the shield. Twice a day he can cause a freezing wind of small intensity to burst from the shield. As an adventurer possesses the shield they become more reclusive and less talkative. They will slowly become Neutral/Neutral and more attached to the shield.

http://www.dndepicenter.com

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2004 :  16:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage  Send Shadowlord an AOL message Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the Thieves' Armor, but it seems that you can go into more detail with the description. You are also missing the price and caster level, but if you have trouble with figuring out the price, I'm sure some of the scribes will be happy to assist you, myself included.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000