Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Fiendish Codex: Devils - Is it out yet?!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  14:02:55  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I know, I sound like a noob but I can't seem to find it on the front page of Wizards, and I couldn't remember if it was due out November or December.

I'm asking cause it should be the last book I need before letting the Redeemers out of the cage.

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  14:18:17  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
December, but I ain't sure if it's out yet.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  14:25:50  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gah. It best be. I am seeking this so much you haven't an idea lol. Perhaps I should head north Friday..

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  16:28:00  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Should be out, in the States, sometime this week or next. I plan to maybe head to the comic guy later in the week to see if he got a copy.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  16:41:40  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is not out overhere yet =( but as soon as it is ...ready...set...GO! To the gamestore!

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  17:20:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's out... My FLGS pings me at both my home and work email addies when he gets in new stuff, and I've seen no such email yet.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 04 Dec 2006 17:21:18
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  18:45:52  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who cares, I'm not so interested in devil entrails

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  19:22:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who cares? People posting on this thread, obviously. If you're not interested in the book, posting on a thread about its availability is kinda pointless.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  20:26:55  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, IMHO it bothers me as such products are released, and some useful are not

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  20:31:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maruluthu Mistrivvin

Sorry, IMHO it bothers me as such products are released, and some useful are not

Well, it'll be useful for my fiend game. So it might not be useful to you, but to some of us it will be.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  20:45:32  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A guy over at Enworlds had FC2 for at least a week, Ive posted some of the info hes given out in this thread

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8288

Amazon list FC2s release date as 12 December

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 04 Dec 2006 20:46:05
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  22:54:58  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Why are you bothered by that? And as for usefulness well... encounters for one. Info on the denizens of the lower planes is also usefull for dm's who gotta put them into the game.

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  23:35:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, isn't that always going to be the case with each new D&D accessory released?

Your own campaign can only include so much, so it stands to reason that each accessory released for the D&D game by WotC is only going to have potential limited use in your campaign depending on what's in your campaign and how it's being played.

For myself, because of my heavy planar-themed FR campaigns... both FCs tomes have been (and will be [once FC2 is released]) quite useful.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 04 Dec 2006 23:40:41
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2006 :  08:57:22  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The campaign can go anywhere, and I for one, likes to gather as much knowledge as possible, and even if I do not get to use it, I will read it merely because it is interesting, and I would like to have the choice to use it, if I feel like throwing my players into a "hellish" adventure. More knowledge more more! =)

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2006 :  11:31:28  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

For myself, because of my heavy planar-themed FR campaigns... both FCs tomes have been (and will be [once FC2 is released]) quite useful.

My campaigns are also heavy planar-themed, though devils and archons are too stiff for me, I like to use fey, loths, asuras, eladrins, guardinals, rilmani, even giths first

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  20:14:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW, the comic guy said maybe next week. :( SIGH!

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  22:10:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the Assasin Devils from FC2 will find a nice home on Bhaals homeplane in the Astral plane

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2006 :  23:23:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strangely, MilSims here in Australia says FC2 will be released next week also.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 08 Dec 2006 23:25:50
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  02:29:07  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome.

Sorry to the poster who isn't interested into these details of the Lower Planes. I feel sorry for you that you aren't able to enjoy the entire details. Perhaps when my article comes out in the next (I hope) Compendium, you will understand why I am interested in this book and many other Demon, Devil and Fiends books.

But! I should have Codex this week sometime, can't wait to peer whats inside of it. I won't let my self look at that link as I know I'll just be drueling.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000