Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Rogues Series
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  14:50:37  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you liked it, Ergdusch.
Go to Top of Page

Enialus Meliamne
Acolyte

Portugal
43 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  12:04:41  Show Profile  Visit Enialus Meliamne's Homepage Send Enialus Meliamne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How would I rate these books...Kinda an old thread, but maybe someone else (like me who hasn't been here in a while) will read it.

The Black Bouquet 9
This was (For me at least) the best book in the set. Captivated me more then the other 3 books did.
The Yellow Silk 8
Definitely a good book, but didn't hold my attention quite like TBB did, so I had to mark it down.
The Alabaster Staff 5
The Crimson Gold 5
Honestly, the last two books, I wasn't a big fan of, but I did manage to finish them with minimal desire to throw them away, so they get a passing 5...If I had to narrow one over the other, I'd give it to The Crimson Gold...It's Tazi after all, and she teams up with...oh...nevermind. That could be considered a spoiler

Unashamed RAS fan.

Unashamed fan of THE Drow Elf Ranger.

Reader of any author in FR who entertains or weaves a good yarn.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  14:37:33  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Enialus Meliamne

How would I rate these books...Kinda an old thread, but maybe someone else (like me who hasn't been here in a while) will read it.

The Black Bouquet 9
This was (For me at least) the best book in the set. Captivated me more then the other 3 books did.
The Yellow Silk 8
Definitely a good book, but didn't hold my attention quite like TBB did, so I had to mark it down.
The Alabaster Staff 5
The Crimson Gold 5
Honestly, the last two books, I wasn't a big fan of, but I did manage to finish them with minimal desire to throw them away, so they get a passing 5...If I had to narrow one over the other, I'd give it to The Crimson Gold...It's Tazi after all, and she teams up with...oh...nevermind. That could be considered a spoiler

thanks for throwing in your tidbits! The more the better, no matter how old the thread! And after all I come back to read and rate them as well.

With Crimson Gold left to read I will be back for sure.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  15:29:17  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

After finishing The Alabaster Staff I picked up The Black Boquet and started reading. Actually I rushed though it reading until this very morning. So tired but happy I sit here to let you know my thoughts of this book than.

The Black Bouquet is a great read, very enjoyable with a great setting (in the BKs!) While reading I truely felt the 'move' of the city and its inhabitants. The story line is very well too as are the characters. The three main characters are so very different to each other. All in all Ihave to say: great job Mr. Byers. The second of your books I read (after Dissolution) That i enjoyed whole-heartelly.

Terefore a definite 8. (As Yellow Silk a 'must-read' for all fans of the thiefs genre, IMO!!!)

I liked this book best as well. RLB can pen a damn good book IMO!

Any other books you on the lookout for just PM me.

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  17:05:28  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

After finishing The Alabaster Staff I picked up The Black Boquet and started reading. Actually I rushed though it reading until this very morning. So tired but happy I sit here to let you know my thoughts of this book than.

The Black Bouquet is a great read, very enjoyable with a great setting (in the BKs!) While reading I truely felt the 'move' of the city and its inhabitants. The story line is very well too as are the characters. The three main characters are so very different to each other. All in all Ihave to say: great job Mr. Byers. The second of your books I read (after Dissolution) That i enjoyed whole-heartelly.

Terefore a definite 8. (As Yellow Silk a 'must-read' for all fans of the thiefs genre, IMO!!!)

I liked this book best as well. RLB can pen a damn good book IMO!

Any other books you on the lookout for just PM me.

Delz

I will as soon as I am through with the rest that is still on my 'books-read-shelf'. On a qiuck glance I count 8 to go.

And that at the peak of my study time!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000