Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 War on evermeet??!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

San Raal
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  16:58:34  Show Profile  Visit San Raal's Homepage Send San Raal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just recently began 'researching' newer game material for the planned return of my group into the arms of (A)D&D and Faerūn.

I stumbled across hints, that there was a war or invasion on evermeet?! Was that a scenario or is it fact? I don't have any 3rd edition material, yet and I'm not so rich, that I can afford each and every novel, so I would be happy about any information!!!

...is there anything else, one should have to know, if he'd have fallen comatose in 1369DR?

Edited by - Alaundo on 02 Apr 2003 18:12:22

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  17:06:27  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you read that on the forums?
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  17:32:19  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There have been several drow raids on Evermeet. The dark elves were using portals to get onto the island and conduct hit and run type of attacks.

I blieve the island also suffered from the events described in the novel Threat from the Sea, the same events which played havoc on Waterdeep's waterfront as well as Baldur's Gate's.

There is no whole-scale war being fought on the island however...
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  18:17:05  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wheres ArionElenim when you need him?!

Wasnt the drow invasion detailed in Evermeet: Island of Elves novel? (no i havent read it yet! ouch! )

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

KlarthAilerion
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  21:14:35  Show Profile  Visit KlarthAilerion's Homepage Send KlarthAilerion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the drow invaded Evermeet in Evermeet: Island of the Elves, along with the help of some other forces. No more than that b/c of spoilers, now.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  06:19:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

(no i havent read it yet! ouch! )

Yes, that was me. It means "Get with it you slacker how can you call yourself a Learned Scholar if you haven't read Evermeet: Island of Elves yet now do it or I'll cast perpetual tickling on you!"

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 02 Apr 2003 06:21:12
Go to Top of Page

San Raal
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  14:07:54  Show Profile  Visit San Raal's Homepage Send San Raal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, that already helps a great bit - can I get anyone to betray the names of the elven collaborators and their backgrounds/motives? I don't have enough funds to buy into a new gaming edition AND a score of novels.

-|-------
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  17:58:21  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

quote:
Originally posted by Rad

(no i havent read it yet! ouch! )

Yes, that was me. It means "Get with it you slacker how can you call yourself a Learned Scholar if you haven't read Evermeet: Island of Elves yet now do it or I'll cast perpetual tickling on you!"

I know, Bookwyrm, I know, and I still feel so ashamed Although it IS working its way higher up my reading backlog or FR novels (im going as fast as I can Alaundo ) and should be starting this in the next month or two.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Leona
Acolyte

38 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  05:34:59  Show Profile  Visit Leona's Homepage Send Leona a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a rule in the forums that prohibit spoilers? If not, I will like to answer San Raal's questions. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  05:48:02  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There're no prohibitions, but there is one rule. You have to anounce that you'll be introducing a spoiler. Usually it's done in the title, but if you need to do it in the post, the usual format is:

SPOILERS!

Then write what you have here.

Enjoy!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  09:09:45  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe he doesn't want a straight answer. To keep the pleasure of reading the book if he can.So here is the summary
"At the heart of its story is Amlaruil, Queen of All Elves. When Evermeet comes under massive, devastating attack, her sacrifice holds the last hope of saving the elven homeland. The elves are forced to face their beloved queen, and to place their destiny in the hands of the young and willful Prince Lamruil - a ruler no one wants and few have reason to trust"
Taken from Forgotten Realms - The Library
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  15:13:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually an interesting side story to this thread is something I read many years ago on the FR Mailing List (I think) back in 1999. The information I read pertained to a rumor circling that TSR/WotC were planning to publish an adventure module that was set during the Drow invasion of Evermeet, to be released after the novel - Evermeet: Island of Elves.

I also believe there was a fan-created module that covered the same thing, although the website where it was located is no longer working. I think I have a copy somehwere here, if anybody is interested I will see if I can get the owners permission to post it to my website for download (when my website is working again of course ).

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  17:47:20  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage of Perth mentioned:

quote:
I also believe there was a fan-created module that covered the same thing, although the website where it was located is no longer working. I think I have a copy somehwere here, if anybody is interested I will see if I can get the owners permission to post it to my

Count me in as definitely interested. Please let the board know if you find it and can make it available. That module sounds very interesting. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  18:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

I also believe there was a fan-created module that covered the same thing, although the website where it was located is no longer working. I think I have a copy somehwere here, if anybody is interested I will see if I can get the owners permission to post it to my website for download (when my website is working again of course ).

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Indeed Sage of Perth. If the author permits, Im sure we can make room for this on a shelf within Candlekeep. The Adventures in Faerun shelf is looking quite inviting for such work

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  09:33:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great .

I have several hundred file CD's, err..., dusty tomes, to check through to find the saved file, so I'll see what I can do.

I also emailed the owner of the work for his permission so here's hoping everything proceeds right.

May your learning be free and unfettered

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000