Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Return of the Archwizards
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2002 :  23:23:00  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Spoiler..........sort of.....
Is anyone else reading this storyline (Return of the Archwizards) as closely as I am? I simply adore it.....Chosen getting their limbs severed as they blow up shade princes, cities flying around, dieties vieing for control of the Shadow Weave, temptation, corruption, redemption......sigh....good stuff...

I don't think that I have read a series (save perhaps Avatar Trilogy) that changes the face of the Realms as much as this one has...

Thoughts?

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

Edited by - Alaundo on 29 Nov 2002 09:13:22

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2002 :  00:54:03  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does everybody have to trash the Elven Empires? Haven't they suffered enough?

Really liked Malik, neat curse.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2002 :  23:30:31  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good point....

You'd think that Mythallars and all of that other High Elven Magic stuff would be enough to protect us point-ears.....

You never hear: Oh no! That poor dwarven island! It was attacked by one-armed, blind, mentally-retarded, iron-deficient kobolds in the middle of the night and was burned to ashes! Noooooo!

Seems like an elven stronghold falls every year......maybe we should just drink more...

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2002 :  08:47:25  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Youre not wrong ArionElenim! Thats a very good point, i hadnt actually thought of that! I love elves and i think its about time that every other stinkin' race just laid off them for a change!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2002 :  09:41:05  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ROFLOL... it might be a preference for melodrama on the elves' part that puts them in the spotlight.

All joking aside, the fact that elves have their strongholds in more 'visible' places, they do most likely get more coverage. The dwarves live mostly below the surface. Not an area frequented much by humans elves, halflings and the other surface dwellers. News from these 'underdark' areas will not appear as frequently as news that happens top-side.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2002 :  05:35:18  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Son of Huzal.....

*bows*

It is always good to perform for the noble-minded....

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  17:11:51  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ArionElenim

<snipped>I don't think that I have read a series (save perhaps Avatar Trilogy) that changes the face of the Realms as much as this one has...

Thoughts?

I've just received the three books from Amazon, I'll let you know what I think about them in the Novels section and I'll try and provide some feedback on the 'Realms Events' described therein.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2003 :  15:52:25  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having finished reading the Return of the Archwizards series, I can only agree on the impact of the novels in comparisson to the ToT. Actually these events are more believeable then the events from the ToT. And they will affect the Realms (and the Realmsian Jane & John Doe's) for quite a while.

I have had to change the timeline in my Twilight Dawn campaign due to these 'cataclismic' events. Fortunately the Silver Marches campaign wasn't too advanced into 1372, and having read the series, this opens up a whole new avenue for the story...

Like I mentioned in a brief review on the series, the Return of the Archwizards should have followed a little closer on the heels of the FRCS or the latter should have contained more information on the wash-out of the events in the series.

(am I a little vague here? Yes, and that is because I don't want to give away too much spoilers)

The books are well worth their money, a much better tale of events then the Avatar Trilogy is.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2003 :  17:30:07  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I disagree! I finished reading The Sorcerer (Book 3 of the Return of the Archwizards) and thought it was a terrible anti-climax. I dont want to give too much away (Ill start a new thread with spoiler warning in the Novels section) but the last book was a terrible let down, IMHO!

Lord Rad

Edited by - Lord Rad on 20 Jan 2003 23:12:11
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2003 :  23:13:35  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just incase anyone wishes to join in a discussion on the novels themselves of the Return of the Archwizards Trilogy, then please see this thread in the Novels forum:

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=465

Be warned, there are SPOILERS!

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000