Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Amaunator -> Lathander
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Soturno
Acolyte

Brazil
11 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  12:51:33  Show Profile  Visit Soturno's Homepage Send Soturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
After read about the Bedines (human ethnic group pag. 106), I found this "(Amaunator, a dead Netherese deity reborn as Lathander)", well, I think that only here say that with 100% of accurancy, Lathander is Amaunator. But I took the true Holybook of the faerūnian great powers, Faith & Avatar, (in Amaunator topic, pag. 27)"Over the centuries, many theories have been put forward by later scholars as to what ultimate fate Amaunator met. Some believe he was either absorbed into or became Lathander, others that he turned bitter and became At'tar, and yet others assert that he turned his back on Faerūn and entered the pantheon of the Kara-tur or simply moved on to other crystal spheres. The truth is that with the loss of nearly all his followers in Netheril after its fall, Amaunator began the long, arduous, and painful process of dying of neglect. After about a millennium, he did not have enough power left to maintain the Keep os the Eternal Sun on Mechanus and was ruthlessly exiled to the Astral Plane. His corpse now drifts with the endless astral tides, awaiting a day when some ambitious spirit may help him regain his once-proud heritage".

The question, the history was changed? or have anything more behind this?

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  13:52:03  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check out Powers of Faerun for the unfolding answer

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  22:53:31  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the Waterdeep sourcebook.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000