Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Yamun Khahan 3.5????
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  15:53:21  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Has anyone converted the ruler of all, Yamun Khahan of the Tuigan to D&D 3.5.....same goes for Batu Min Ho and any others that could appear in the adventure trilogy or in the war re-creating book (i forget the title as the book is at home and I'm at work)?? thanks!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  17:05:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yamun Khahan has been dead since the days of 2E. I'd be surprised if someone has statted him for 3E.

And Batu Min Ho... I don't recall if he lived or not, but either way, he fell off the map at the same time.

The events of the Empires trilogy happened a while ago, Realms-time.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  18:44:28  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For some reason I seem to remember that Batu Min Ho was captured by the Cormyreans, but I don't remember what happened to him after that time. He wasn't a big factor in Crusade, and I think the mention of his capture was just a quick note.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  20:04:14  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And if I remember correctly, Batu Min Ho was captured by the Cormyreans, but managed to commit suicide shortly after.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  21:17:00  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, now that you mention it, I seem to remember something like that, since he was thinking of everyone he let down, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  21:39:09  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, Yamun is a ghost now according to Spellbound box set and the adventures in that boxed set. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 26 Jun 2006 21:39:49
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  22:04:48  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So a Ghost (human male 18th-level Fighter) with (most likely) the Leadership feat, as well as several feats in the 'Mounted Combat' tree, then. And a decent Charisma score too I bet.
Sounds...nasty.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Archwizard
Learned Scribe

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  00:15:50  Show Profile  Visit Archwizard's Homepage Send Archwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A ghost army of horse archers? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  00:34:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

So a Ghost (human male 18th-level Fighter) with (most likely) the Leadership feat, as well as several feats in the 'Mounted Combat' tree, then. And a decent Charisma score too I bet.
Sounds...nasty.

Yeah, but it didn't say his horse was a ghost, so those Mounted Combat feats are useless -- unless he's got a couple of ghostly coconut shells.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 27 Jun 2006 00:35:13
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  00:50:27  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Sounds...nasty.

Yeah, but it didn't say his horse was a ghost, so those Mounted Combat feats are useless -- unless he's got a couple of ghostly coconut shells.

HAHAH. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  08:16:03  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe he just spirited some horses away?

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  00:41:07  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was to possibly have a short adventure in the Year of the Turret.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  01:17:05  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be grabbing the upcoming Dragon magazine featuring the Hordelands. You won't get Yamun - yes he's dead - but you might get someone else close to him.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  01:36:22  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I'd be grabbing the upcoming Dragon magazine featuring the Hordelands. You won't get Yamun - yes he's dead - but you might get someone else close to him.

-- George Krashos

Well undead actually. :)

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  14:09:17  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And donīt forget the ghostly bard:

The brave and bold Khahan run out from Tuigan...
He was not afraid to die, oooooh brave Kahaaaan...

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto

Edited by - Chosen of Moradin on 15 Aug 2006 15:19:52
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  16:02:23  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe my pun was too bad :/

As for Yamun Khahan, well I seem to recall a remark in Spellbound about a ghostly army somewhere in Rashemen, it wasn't led by Yamun tho

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  16:10:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

As for Yamun Khahan, well I seem to recall a remark in Spellbound about a ghostly army somewhere in Rashemen, it wasn't led by Yamun tho

Not sure but I found his ghost stat's in the Spellbound box set, in one of the adventures, which is why he's listed as such in my NPC file. :)

Yamun Khahan, Male Ghost, LE, Appears with his spectral horsemen on the Golden Way, Spellbound: Throne of Deceit

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  16:16:23  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, so it is him...didn't look into Spellbound much recently, I thought it was one of his generals, since Yamun wasn't killed in Rashemen.

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  17:22:19  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the part of the adventure involving the ghost of Yamun Khahan takes place in Thesk.

Edited by - Jorkens on 15 Aug 2006 17:31:35
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  17:29:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

quote:

And donīt forget the ghostly bard:

The brave and bold Khahan run out from Tuigan...
He was not afraid to die, oooooh brave Kahaaaan...

But it's hard to eat ghostly bards!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  17:30:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

There's no such thing as a pun that is too bad!

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  17:54:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

I think the part of the adventure involving the ghost of Yamun Khahan takes place in Thesk.

Aye, which makes sense since the Golden Way goes through Thesk. :)

Go to Top of Page

Arthedain
Acolyte

16 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2006 :  21:28:12  Show Profile  Visit Arthedain's Homepage Send Arthedain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yamun Khahan, The Illustrious Emperor of the Tuigan, is detailed in The Horde (TSR 1055). Including a quite nice picture. His stats are:

LE Ftr17; Str 14, Dex 11, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 12, Wis 15 (18 with other steppe nomads); hp 104

I must admit I was a bit underwhelmed by his dexterity (tuigans being great horsemen and all), but there you have it :)

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  01:37:00  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok so I take it no one has converted him to the latest edition then?

Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  15:38:38  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, a fighter leader with only 14 str and int equaling his strength!
I take it from Arthedain's post that the latter "wis" score is meant to be his cha.
::currently looking at kuje's npc file::

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  15:54:45  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I beleive this was intended to be his charisma score.

On a side note, while the Khahan was an impressive warrior, he was an older man, so it may be that his physical abilities were higher in his youth. While it appears that Azoun aged better than the Khahan, he had a whole staff of War Wizards looking after him, as well as Vangerdahast himself.

All the poor Khahan had looking after him was Eke Beyalun Khadun(Sp?), who wasn't exactly interested in keeping the illustrious emperor young, hale, and healthy. Which reminds me, I wonder what happened to her (didn't see any mention of her in the Dragon article).
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  17:49:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Yes, I beleive this was intended to be his charisma score.

On a side note, while the Khahan was an impressive warrior, he was an older man, so it may be that his physical abilities were higher in his youth. While it appears that Azoun aged better than the Khahan, he had a whole staff of War Wizards looking after him, as well as Vangerdahast himself.

All the poor Khahan had looking after him was Eke Beyalun Khadun(Sp?), who wasn't exactly interested in keeping the illustrious emperor young, hale, and healthy. Which reminds me, I wonder what happened to her (didn't see any mention of her in the Dragon article).

As I recall, she had been sentenced to spend the rest of her days in a dead magic area, for her actions against Yamun. She failed the Shou, who have plenty of reason for wanting her dead. And considering the trouble she caused for his old man, Hubadai wouldn't have much use for her, either... So I'd assume that she's either still imprisoned, or that the Shou or Hubadai decided to take her out of the equation, permanently. Either way, she's sidelined.

Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  17:54:21  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking of statting him, but I don't know all sources except Spellbound and Horde

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000