Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Yamun Khahan 3.5????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alisttair Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 15:53:21
Has anyone converted the ruler of all, Yamun Khahan of the Tuigan to D&D 3.5.....same goes for Batu Min Ho and any others that could appear in the adventure trilogy or in the war re-creating book (i forget the title as the book is at home and I'm at work)?? thanks!
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Marc Posted - 24 Oct 2006 : 17:54:21
I was thinking of statting him, but I don't know all sources except Spellbound and Horde
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Oct 2006 : 17:49:04
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Yes, I beleive this was intended to be his charisma score.

On a side note, while the Khahan was an impressive warrior, he was an older man, so it may be that his physical abilities were higher in his youth. While it appears that Azoun aged better than the Khahan, he had a whole staff of War Wizards looking after him, as well as Vangerdahast himself.

All the poor Khahan had looking after him was Eke Beyalun Khadun(Sp?), who wasn't exactly interested in keeping the illustrious emperor young, hale, and healthy. Which reminds me, I wonder what happened to her (didn't see any mention of her in the Dragon article).

As I recall, she had been sentenced to spend the rest of her days in a dead magic area, for her actions against Yamun. She failed the Shou, who have plenty of reason for wanting her dead. And considering the trouble she caused for his old man, Hubadai wouldn't have much use for her, either... So I'd assume that she's either still imprisoned, or that the Shou or Hubadai decided to take her out of the equation, permanently. Either way, she's sidelined.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 24 Oct 2006 : 15:54:45
Yes, I beleive this was intended to be his charisma score.

On a side note, while the Khahan was an impressive warrior, he was an older man, so it may be that his physical abilities were higher in his youth. While it appears that Azoun aged better than the Khahan, he had a whole staff of War Wizards looking after him, as well as Vangerdahast himself.

All the poor Khahan had looking after him was Eke Beyalun Khadun(Sp?), who wasn't exactly interested in keeping the illustrious emperor young, hale, and healthy. Which reminds me, I wonder what happened to her (didn't see any mention of her in the Dragon article).
Beirnadri Magranth Posted - 24 Oct 2006 : 15:38:38
Wow, a fighter leader with only 14 str and int equaling his strength!
I take it from Arthedain's post that the latter "wis" score is meant to be his cha.
::currently looking at kuje's npc file::
Alisttair Posted - 17 Aug 2006 : 01:37:00
Ok so I take it no one has converted him to the latest edition then?
Arthedain Posted - 16 Aug 2006 : 21:28:12
Yamun Khahan, The Illustrious Emperor of the Tuigan, is detailed in The Horde (TSR 1055). Including a quite nice picture. His stats are:

LE Ftr17; Str 14, Dex 11, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 12, Wis 15 (18 with other steppe nomads); hp 104

I must admit I was a bit underwhelmed by his dexterity (tuigans being great horsemen and all), but there you have it :)

Kuje Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 17:54:28
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

I think the part of the adventure involving the ghost of Yamun Khahan takes place in Thesk.

Aye, which makes sense since the Golden Way goes through Thesk. :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 17:30:48
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Maybe my pun was too bad :/

There's no such thing as a pun that is too bad!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 17:29:56
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Yeah, but it didn't say his horse was a ghost, so those Mounted Combat feats are useless -- unless he's got a couple of ghostly coconut shells.

And donīt forget the ghostly bard:

The brave and bold Khahan run out from Tuigan...
He was not afraid to die, oooooh brave Kahaaaan...

But it's hard to eat ghostly bards!
Jorkens Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 17:22:19
I think the part of the adventure involving the ghost of Yamun Khahan takes place in Thesk.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 16:16:23
Oh, so it is him...didn't look into Spellbound much recently, I thought it was one of his generals, since Yamun wasn't killed in Rashemen.
Kuje Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 16:10:42
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

As for Yamun Khahan, well I seem to recall a remark in Spellbound about a ghostly army somewhere in Rashemen, it wasn't led by Yamun tho

Not sure but I found his ghost stat's in the Spellbound box set, in one of the adventures, which is why he's listed as such in my NPC file. :)

Yamun Khahan, Male Ghost, LE, Appears with his spectral horsemen on the Golden Way, Spellbound: Throne of Deceit
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 16:02:23

As for Yamun Khahan, well I seem to recall a remark in Spellbound about a ghostly army somewhere in Rashemen, it wasn't led by Yamun tho
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 14:09:17
quote:

Yeah, but it didn't say his horse was a ghost, so those Mounted Combat feats are useless -- unless he's got a couple of ghostly coconut shells.

And donīt forget the ghostly bard:

The brave and bold Khahan run out from Tuigan...
He was not afraid to die, oooooh brave Kahaaaan...
Kuje Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 01:36:22
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I'd be grabbing the upcoming Dragon magazine featuring the Hordelands. You won't get Yamun - yes he's dead - but you might get someone else close to him.

-- George Krashos

Well undead actually. :)
George Krashos Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 01:17:05
I'd be grabbing the upcoming Dragon magazine featuring the Hordelands. You won't get Yamun - yes he's dead - but you might get someone else close to him.

-- George Krashos
Alisttair Posted - 15 Aug 2006 : 00:41:07
This was to possibly have a short adventure in the Year of the Turret.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 27 Jun 2006 : 08:16:03
Maybe he just spirited some horses away?
Kuje Posted - 27 Jun 2006 : 00:50:27
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

So a Ghost (human male 18th-level Fighter) with (most likely) the Leadership feat, as well as several feats in the 'Mounted Combat' tree, then. And a decent Charisma score too I bet.
Sounds...nasty.

HAHAH. :)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Jun 2006 : 00:34:15
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

So a Ghost (human male 18th-level Fighter) with (most likely) the Leadership feat, as well as several feats in the 'Mounted Combat' tree, then. And a decent Charisma score too I bet.
Sounds...nasty.

Archwizard Posted - 27 Jun 2006 : 00:15:50
A ghost army of horse archers? Hmm...
Kajehase Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 22:04:48
Sounds...nasty.
Kuje Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 21:39:09
Actually, Yamun is a ghost now according to Spellbound box set and the adventures in that boxed set. :)
Arkhaedun Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 21:17:00
Yeah, now that you mention it, I seem to remember something like that, since he was thinking of everyone he let down, etc.
Kajehase Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 20:04:14
And if I remember correctly, Batu Min Ho was captured by the Cormyreans, but managed to commit suicide shortly after.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 18:44:28
For some reason I seem to remember that Batu Min Ho was captured by the Cormyreans, but I don't remember what happened to him after that time. He wasn't a big factor in Crusade, and I think the mention of his capture was just a quick note.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 17:05:15
Yamun Khahan has been dead since the days of 2E. I'd be surprised if someone has statted him for 3E.

And Batu Min Ho... I don't recall if he lived or not, but either way, he fell off the map at the same time.

The events of the Empires trilogy happened a while ago, Realms-time.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000